Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

Are you freaking kidding me?

silentscream

Jun 24, 2006, 4:56 PM
I just had a lady in the store right now that brought in a crying baby. As she walked in she said, "I don't want anything, I just wanted to bring her in the cool for a little bit." It's NOT that hot outside, and my store ISN'T a freaking playground. She took her over to our demos (non-working thankfully) and used it like a toy for a little bit. I HATE CRYING BABIES! They are the WORST things in the world.

Sorry, just had to vent a second.
OhSoKorny

Jun 24, 2006, 5:00 PM
I like how people make their problems, your problem. Using a demo phone as a toy is a bad idea seeing how often those are touched with dirty hands.

Next time that happens, try to just sell her something ala car salesman style. Hound her until she and her screaming baby go outside.
Sholyhit

Jun 24, 2006, 5:05 PM
One of my stores is a kiosk and I have a similar problem. People just walk up and lean up against the kiosk. I ask if I can help them and a lot of times I get "I'm just looking" as they lean against the kiosk with their backs to it. Once i said 'The phones are over here.' and the guy left. Most of the time people are like "No. I'm just waiting for someone." I will hound them until they go away but sometimes people just don't get that when I ask them "Are you SURE there isn't anything I can do for you?" about 6 times, it means GET THE HELL AWAY!
silentscream

Jun 24, 2006, 5:05 PM
Lol. I should have. That was a few minutes of torture.
aemsafd

Jun 24, 2006, 6:47 PM
Just say, "Oh, that reminds me. I was supposed to clean those."
Don.Mike

Jun 24, 2006, 5:09 PM
i don't even notice it anymore, having a screaming baby and all. and remember, their little bodies take temperature different than ours. 80 degrees could be torture to a kid.
alejandro

Jun 24, 2006, 5:17 PM
then what is their problem in a 6 hour plane ride in a 60-70 degree compartment?

screaming babies and annoying kids are as bad in a plane as a fat dude with bad B.O. near you.
Don.Mike

Jun 24, 2006, 5:19 PM
i can agree with that. or someone who eats too much mexican before he gets in the seat in front of you.
captainplooky

Jun 24, 2006, 6:24 PM

then what is their problem in a 6 hour plane ride in a 60-70 degree compartment?

Air pressure and being unable to equalize the pressure in their ears/sinuses.

...a fat dude with bad B.O. near you.

... is bad no matter what. At least airlines are beginning to charge the monstrous beasts for multiple seats.
alejandro

Jun 24, 2006, 7:14 PM
yeah, but arent you getting upset when they charge you?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.