Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 60 replies

AT&T - All Data and Privacy Are Belong To US

Whitehorse

Jun 21, 2006, 5:29 PM
I understand quite well your concerns over privacy & I too have a healthy distrust & skepticism of big government & big business. Big business & big government both tend to centralize control & decision making that would better serve the organization through decentralization.

In the war on terrorism, we are reminded more than enough that the enemy wants to kill our people. They are sub-human in what they do to anyone they deem worthy of murder. They must be stopped. They also know that our freedoms allow them some room to operate.

The trick is to balance. Go after the terrorists, targeting them as directly as possible. What I've seen about this program, when the media sources have really looked into it, shows that they do work to tar...
(continues)
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 6:11 PM
*cough* hack *wheeze* hack *pant* *cough*
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 6:24 PM
moment of clarity?
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 6:28 PM
no, i called him a hack and he accused me of having a coughing problem
Whitehorse

Jun 23, 2006, 3:49 PM
I was just concerned, you seem to be hacking a lot lately & am afraid that if you keep getting objects stuck in your throat... ๐Ÿ˜›
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 1:46 PM
KrazyJoe

Jun 22, 2006, 1:52 PM
You didn't post anything plookster
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 1:58 PM
Haha, was just bumping. Took me a few to find this ๐Ÿ˜‰
KrazyJoe

Jun 22, 2006, 2:01 PM
Ahh, the elusive ghost bump.

Yeah, it took me a minute to find the first one as well since so much time elapsed.
Insert Witty Name Here

Jun 22, 2006, 1:56 PM
Now, I'm really curious what you 2 said for it to just up and disappear. ๐Ÿคจ
KrazyJoe

Jun 22, 2006, 1:57 PM
We've found a way to exploit a glitch in the coding of the site to make the subject lines disappear.

Though if you didn't already know that, you aren't actually reading this.
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 1:59 PM
Mum is the word... ๐Ÿ˜

shhhh
Insert Witty Name Here

Jun 22, 2006, 1:58 PM
Your replies are camouflaged!! ๐Ÿ‘€
xIsamuTM

Jun 22, 2006, 2:08 PM
I apologize for sounding really dumb, but in SIMPLE ENGLISH what does this mean, how will it affect my day to day life? not how will it POTENTIALY affect me, I don't worry about what MIGHT happen.
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 2:14 PM
Basically, your private information is not considered to be yours or private anymore.

At&t is requiring customers to forfeit all rights regarding their privacy in order to continue business with At&t.

At&t now will release your information at the drop of a hat, whether permitted by law or not; afterall, by agreeing to the policy, you have given them this right.

The new policy states that AT&T "may also use your information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud (or) situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person" -- conditions that would appear to embrace any terror-related circumstance.

Remember those FBI wiretaps tha...
(continues)
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 2:20 PM
good ole china. they got the idea, suppress any dissent for the sake of security. why does that sound familiar?
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 2:25 PM
Familiar indeed ๐Ÿ˜ข

I imagine the cases of "domestic" terrorism will be skyrocketing in the near future... at least according to the agencies who are requesting the private information of our country's citizens.

It's amazing what they label terror nowadays simply to put to use terror related laws.
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 2:30 PM
like the patriot act. if you drive a big truck, you get pulled over without reason.
mrraincoat

Jun 22, 2006, 2:33 PM
Hey...

All animals are equal...some are more equal than others.

*chuckle*
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 2:35 PM
What is that supposed to mean?
mrraincoat

Jun 22, 2006, 2:40 PM
Most laws like that can't scratch people in certain political seats. Come on, you knew that!
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 5:30 PM
Ah I see.
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 2:43 PM
are you referencing george orwell's animal farm?
mrraincoat

Jun 22, 2006, 2:53 PM
Yes. How all the rules were supposed to affect all the animals, and slowly they changed to affect only the lowly, and not the elite?
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 2:58 PM
yeah. at the end the pigs looked like the humans they overthrew etc... good read.
mrraincoat

Jun 22, 2006, 3:03 PM
:-/
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 3:05 PM
what the hell is that?
mrraincoat

Jun 22, 2006, 3:07 PM
That would be the look on my face after a long, drawn out conversation about something I figured some people might get. Like that joke that you tell that no one gets, and everyone looks at you funny. Good times.

I dunno, at least I generally keep Plooky from replying for whatever reason.
Don.Mike

ah
mrraincoat

Jun 22, 2006, 3:08 PM
Yep.
xIsamuTM

what about the sealab episode "red dawn"

"In a few moments you're going to hear a high pitch tone.... and that would be the sound of your commisar's phone melting"
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 3:08 PM
never saw it. sounds funny though.
xIsamuTM

Jun 22, 2006, 2:57 PM
again it doesn't sound like it has any affect on me. so they want to know what I'm watching, great I'll tell 'em. Colbert Report, Daily Show, Adult Swim, and FOX. wanna know what I'm downloading? Fansubs and muisc, like a lot of people. What sites am I going to? Webcomics and cellphone forums. Maybe the occasional hentai or fanfic site. I know my view on the world is really small but hey, if it doesn't affect my current living situation, why T.F. should I care?
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 5:30 PM
Maybe when you are older then.

Our country was founded on very different principles from what the corpogovernment is trying to institute.
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 5:46 PM
someone is up on his sega game references
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 5:56 PM
but it wasn't even properly done
all your data and privacy are belong to US would have been better. but he probably copied and pasted the subject line to given the capital letters for each word. i bet it's CNNs title.
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 6:00 PM
It was poorly done, but plooky poorly did it, given his internet knowledge saturation levels. An actual research team would have gotten it right.
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 6:13 PM
That's just it though, it's all data traveling on their pipes... it doesn't matter if it is you or the other guy. ALL DATA!
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 6:23 PM
the word 'your' still could have been used, referring to at$t talking to their consumer.
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 6:29 PM
yeah, thats no excuse for him messing up the quote
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 6:29 PM
Somebody set up us the bomb ๐Ÿคฃ

http://www.abum.com/show/13151/all_your_base_dx_2006 ... »

๐Ÿคฃ
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 6:39 PM
that is not a work friendly site
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 6:42 PM
๐Ÿคญ
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 6:43 PM
dang plooky. i'll keep that link in mind for when i'm home though...
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 6:47 PM
its just all those fake cookie using dating site pictures

all the 18-25 year old chicks, either wearing barely anything or making out with each other that somehow happen to live where you live, although your town has 12 people and none of them look like that.
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 6:50 PM
Funny thing is those people probably have no idea all the places their picture shows up at.
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 6:54 PM
those people probably got paid to sell their photos for that intent.
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 6:59 PM
Naw, I don't think that is how it works.

I mean, yeah, some of them pay for the "services" the site or whatever offers, but alot of times people will upload their image for their profile.

Since they don't read the Privacy Policy typically, they miss the fact that the site can use their picture if they wish for those ads.

I think they are screened though and dumped into a database. Basically if your somewhat attractive you will be used, and you are not you won't be used.
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 7:02 PM
the one's i've seen gives the same picture for a bunch of names or the same name with different pictures. it's always adult friend finder, and many times they are nude. woo-hoo piratebay.
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 6:53 PM
ah.
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 6:48 PM
Yeah sorry, I wasn't really paying attention to anything on the page other then the flash movie it had.

It has some personal ads with pics(for illustration purposes only) and some links.

It's just a flash movie containing some of the original ZigZag game sequences. There are a bunch if you want to look for some others.
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 6:55 PM
Ps. Yes I know the name of the game is Zero Wing.
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 6:57 PM
3 or 4 years ago i saw a couple of music videos of that stuff, one of them was pretty funny, but that link you posted was not as good as any of the others i have seen.
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 7:00 PM
Well then post your own link ๐Ÿคฃ
Don.Mike

Jun 22, 2006, 7:01 PM
gotta love horrible japanese translations.
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 7:24 PM
If Mike and Alejandro do not respond to this in 5 minutes I win this and all arguements for now and the future.
alejandro

Jun 22, 2006, 7:40 PM
there was no argument in this thread....
captainplooky

Jun 22, 2006, 7:50 PM

all arguements for now and the future.

๐Ÿคฃ

My plan worked!
MrMongaloyd

Jul 19, 2006, 8:28 PM
Your grammer isn't very good. ๐Ÿคฃ
Grantizzle

Jul 19, 2006, 9:24 PM
๐Ÿ˜ณ are you kidding me? your spelling sucks.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.