Phone Scoop

printed July 28, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=17&fi=64694

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

Back to message list

Replying to:  Funny stories in wireless by phonepimp3376   Jun 22, 2004, 2:04 PM

Re: Funny stories in wireless

by kysuz    Jul 16, 2004, 6:06 PM

There seem to be several funny stories about customers wanting replacements. Here are some of my favorites:

This week a man calls in saying he needs a replacement phone because his pet cheetah ate his. The funny part was watching the CSR who got the call trying to keep a straight face as she tried to determine if this would be classified as lost or water damage or breakage. She finally asked me for advice so it was lost.

Every day, customers call to file a claim on a phone that was damaged or lost before they had insurance. For some reason, they don't understand that until you're paying for a service you don't have the benefits of that service.

My favorite story of all time was the woman calling for her husband, who had dropped his phone in a port-a-potty. He recovered the phone, washed it off, and took it to his local store for repair. I heard him in the background asking if he had to return the damaged phone...and I was happy to inform her that she was not required to do so. Aren't you glad you weren't that tech who checked the phone?

Report to moderator

Replies

No replies to this message

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.