all discussions

show all 92 replies

why california rules

sacdude

Apr 6, 2006, 1:42 AM
I'M CALIFORNIAN, THAT MEANS...

-I'm mexican or live next door to one

-Our chicks & dudes are WAYYYY hotter than yours

- I say "like" and "for sure" and "right on" and "dude" and "totally" and "peace out" and "chill" and I say them often

- I know what real cheese & avocadoes taste like

- I don't get snowdays off because theres only snow in Mammoth, Tahoe and Big Bear

- I go to the Beach - not "down to the shore"

- I know 65 mph really means 80

- When someone cuts me off, they get the horn and the finger and they accept it and give it back, because that's the California way

- The drinking age is 21 but everyone starts at 14 (legally 18 if you live close enough to the border)

- My governor can kick your g...
(continues)
texaswireless

Apr 6, 2006, 3:34 AM
God I miss In n Out.
newfette

Apr 6, 2006, 8:08 AM
hey tex I've missed ya
texaswireless

Apr 6, 2006, 11:54 AM
I guess I was feeling especially nostalgic since I am just up the road from SoCal in Las Vegas (CTIA show).

Drove past the In N Out twice late last night, gotta stop today.

I miss you too 😁
newfette

Apr 6, 2006, 12:00 PM
it's not the same with out you here
MIKE3222

Apr 6, 2006, 9:52 AM
- they let their gay population roam the streets freely. they make good sourdough.

- all the crookedest corporations are from cali.

- feathered hair.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 3:16 PM
what crooked corporations?
mallinfobooth

Apr 6, 2006, 10:18 AM
OHHHHHHHHHH please.
Your women are as fake as your cheese!

Sink already!

Please take the Governator with you!
ESmurf

Apr 6, 2006, 11:16 AM
Wow, can you tell who is from Wisconsin?? 🤣
mallinfobooth

Apr 6, 2006, 12:10 PM
YEAH! Well it's all processed cheese anyways. People from California don't even eat their cheese. You bite into a "cheese curd" from California and it's like biting into this gelatinous glob, nothing like cheese at all.
In fact my friend moved here from Cali, born and raised even had to put up with all those stupid Laguna Beach kids at the mall he worked at. Anyways we are walking by a Wisconsin Cheese stand one day and they had all sorts of samples, the kid kept running back up and exclaiming "WOW, I really DO like cheese!"
craptacularwireless

Apr 6, 2006, 12:52 PM
He had to move from Cali to Wisconsin? Poor bloke.
mallinfobooth

Apr 7, 2006, 3:14 PM
Oh and he loved it. He often talked about how it was soo different in the mid-west. How not everyone had to live up to an image, people aren't consumed by that as much here. Unless they're from Cali. We have other things to worry about, things that matter more in life and not just this preoccupance we've created.
guido1869

Apr 7, 2006, 3:38 PM
i've been to wis and my brother went to school there for a sem and hated every min of it, have yal ever heard of seasoning your food
mallinfobooth

Apr 7, 2006, 4:32 PM
WHAT? Where did you go?!?!? Madison is amazing if you know the right people you can find fun there you can't find anywhere else.
Plus, i don't knwo what you're talking about the food, the Italian community in Madison is pretty big. Lots moved there from Italy to stay away from the mob and mafia realted places like chicago even though my uncle was still gunned down by the mob.
My grandpa won Best Spaghetti sauce, now I honestly haven't tasted a better sauce, My great Grandma has passed the recipe down, her name was Concetta Bongiovanni. The other places with anything close were the local family owned places in Madison and Chicago, but don't tell me the food is bad. Maybe you didn't go the right place! Obviously you didn't.
La Paella, Josi...
(continues)
guido1869

Apr 7, 2006, 5:55 PM
i was only there for a day or so and my brother lived on campus at concordia, the tour of the miller brewery was ok but seemed boring to me, and the few meals i ate there were completely bland, we kept having to mail my little brother seasoning just so his food would have taste, i'm not from cali i'm down in texas so i can smoke anywhere i want
mallinfobooth

Apr 7, 2006, 6:28 PM
Well he wasn't going to the right places. You should have gone to the Pizza Shuttle in milwaukee. It's our ritual to go there after any show we go to.
I know i shouldn't, but I always kind of liked Texas. My friend lives in a recording studio there. Well I hsould say they turned their house into a recording studio. I think he sleeps in the drum room.
guido1869

Apr 8, 2006, 9:58 AM
down here you don't have to know the "right places" 99.9% of the restraunts down here serve good food seasoned well and none of it is bland, but then again i do live right on the edge of cajun country
dr_gonzo

Apr 6, 2006, 12:19 PM
mallinfobooth said:

Your women are as fake as your cheese!

Sink already!

I think all the silicone would keep the state afloat. That or Ahnold's man-boobs. 😳
Willwise

Apr 6, 2006, 11:39 AM
I've always said if I want to go on a crime spree it would bee in Cali. Robert Blake; OJ; and of coarse Michael Jackson you can get away with any thing in the great state of Cali.
sacdude

Apr 7, 2006, 1:02 AM
we have disneyland
we invented surfing,
we have hollywood
happy cows come from california
we are the golden state
ESmurf

Apr 7, 2006, 4:26 PM
I don't care how happy my cheese burger used to be.
s13driftingTX

Apr 7, 2006, 5:25 PM
Wrong! Surfing was invented in Hawaii.
mallinfobooth

Apr 7, 2006, 7:17 PM
ok, your cows ar NOT happy.
You guys are pussies. it's 40 degrees out and you wondering if you'll even be able to go outside. We're built stronger in the midwest we go outside in -35 degrees, bite that.
You guys also breathe in the worst air, YAY to health problems.
I'm much more proud of Wisconsin
-we invented Earth Day (madison,wi)
-we invented the ONION (madison, wi...originally it was going to be called the RAG)
-we have half of Cheap Trick
-we have some of the worst and some of the best beer
-WE HAVE THE HAPPIEST COWS, much fewer are being hooked up to machines
-We know where our meat comes from
-Steve Miller
-Garbage
-Weezer (eventhough they're a*******)
-Kringle
-Jeffery Dahmer
-Rocky Roccocos
-Tyme Machines
The midwe...
(continues)
queensyankee

Apr 7, 2006, 8:16 PM
Half of cheap trick....thats the funniest thing I've ever seen on here 🤣
djdelay

Apr 8, 2006, 12:13 PM
mallinfobooth said:
-we invented the ONION (madison, wi...originally it was going to be called the RAG)

so, if it had gone the other way.....would women get real bitchy when they were on their onion???
Mid_Isle

Apr 8, 2006, 12:41 PM
Dude, Jeffery Dahmer is not a claim to fame. 🤣

That's like the Pacific NW using Bundy, or San Fran using Zodiac, or LA using Manson...
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 3:19 PM
your sh*tty emo bands and pop rock are not upsides. looks like someone needs to cry in a corner about how their state sucks... maybe you can sing a song about it.
mallinfobooth

Apr 9, 2006, 11:20 AM
ooo the only things you can say bad is that you don't like the few music groups i mentioned. there's so much more and it doesn't matter anyways.

Has ANYONE ever listened to Atmosphere??? (minneapolis)

"If you can drink your tap water and breathe the air say 'shhhhhh' say 'shhhhh'"

Ohh and if you don't want o hear about bands you hsould probably check out Doomtree and Rhymesayers ... P.O.S.

Cali isn't even in the top ten for most fit states, but to all of our suprise us midwest fatties are.
alejandro

Apr 10, 2006, 10:09 AM
to my knowledge they do not do fittest and fattest states, most studies do cities, and california has 8 in the top 25 of 2004 (last time i can find up to 25) and have always had at least 3 in the top. midwest cities are never in either column, unless you want to count chicago, which is 5th fattest. Texas cities are always the fattest in terms of their rankings with 3 in the fattest column.
mallinfobooth

Apr 10, 2006, 8:39 PM
Hahaha actually they did publish a healthiest state one.
California was not even in the top ten for healthy. However Minnesota was!
I'll figure out exactly where I read it.
alejandro

Apr 12, 2006, 11:14 AM
i found your "source", both of those surveys are stupid. The fittest and fattest cities count fast food places and gyms. your "healthiest" state counts people over 75 and for some reason.... teen pregnancies?
mallinfobooth

Apr 12, 2006, 12:53 PM
Well if you think they're stupid then they must be right???
Either way I guess our 75 years olds are healthier then yours. hahaha
Either way no one will ever be THAT healthy in Cali considering the wonderful air you breath.
My friends mother lived their for years and was diagnosed with emphysema. She then moved to the midwest and all of the sudden she had down graded to asthma.
alejandro

Apr 12, 2006, 1:09 PM
"then they must be right"?

You were so blindly mad about me about not liking your emo music you didn't notice one of those studies is the one putting California cities highest in the list. Only Los Angeles and Fresno have bad air quality. But I guess you wouldn't know that, crying in the dark to the getup kids all the time doesn't leave a lot of room to get out much.
mallinfobooth

Apr 12, 2006, 1:18 PM
hahah, I'm not mad at all. (and sorry I meant you must be right) You're the one that seems angry.
I get quite the kick out of this. I thought you would too. LO Siento.
I don't care if you make fun of emo music, i make fun of it all the time. Either way emo is just a dumb name for a genre of music. In my experience most music is emotional in some sense.
I probably didn't see that study, thanks for the info.
You guys NEED to get rippd on once in awhile, you elected the Governator now come on!
If I do choose to listen to the Get Up Kids (which hasn't been for a few releases of theirs) I don't cry b/c they are crying enough for everyone.
There are much worse bands to make fun of like Hawthorne Heights, hahahahahah Victory records has stat...
(continues)
alejandro

Apr 12, 2006, 1:21 PM
yes, all music is emotional, but emo is emotional as it applies to crying about unrequited love and relationship breakups and just like 80's hair metal was called c*ck rock, emo can only be described as p*ssy rock.

Didn't you elect "The Body"?
mallinfobooth

Apr 12, 2006, 1:55 PM
hahah who wouldn't????
hey but, i still the like the ring that "C*ock Rock" has to it.
Believe you mean , I'm sick of songs about girls and relationships just as much as the next person.
That's why you should play the emo game. www.emogame.com
You get to kill and beat up all sorts of emo bands and others... I believe you have to fight a giant Kelly Osbourne.

oooo ooo one cool thing! The crazy highway scene in the Blues Brothers was taped in milwaukee. Which is great just because that scene ins ridiculous.
alejandro

Apr 12, 2006, 2:01 PM
i see you dodged my question about jesse ventura... i guess you have a bad memory or attention span. and i have no interest in your emo game.
mallinfobooth

Apr 13, 2006, 5:56 PM
haha no i didn't. The first thing I said was "hahah who wouldn't?"
That was in response to that.
I assumed you would have no interest, but thought since you hate emo you'd enjoy the game.
And YES I do have a bad attention span, but I did answer you question..
alejandro

Apr 13, 2006, 6:51 PM
so what is the difference between arnold and jesse?
mallinfobooth

Apr 13, 2006, 8:02 PM
haha nothing, they're a both dumb choices.
Howevere, I didn't vote for either. I'm from wisconsin, but live in Minnesota...at least for the past 2 years. I wouldn't have voted for either. I make fun of minnesota all the time, i may have midwest price, but overall i have WISCONSIN pride.
So, i really don't have to own up to the Jesse Ventura thing.
I've only voted for president here and my state went Edwards...eventhough i would have neither.
mallinfobooth

Apr 13, 2006, 8:03 PM
apparently i need spell check too.
alejandro

Apr 14, 2006, 10:05 AM
And grammar check. And a lot of california did not vote for arnold, but it still went that way and you are trying to pin it on the whole state. So you do have to own up for it. I also have no idea why you threw edwards in their either.
mallinfobooth

Apr 14, 2006, 4:24 PM
Yes, I need to go back to grammar school, thank you.
No, I don't because I was not here when they voted for the man.
Secondly, this is all just too funny to me and you're taking it way to seriously.
You can make fun of Minnesota all you want and I'll join in.
I'm sorry I hurt your California pride.
alejandro

Apr 15, 2006, 11:39 PM
pride is a mortal sin, and i prefer washington state over california. but i still think the united states is nothing without it.
queensyankee

Apr 10, 2006, 4:48 PM
Madison is a city you can have alot of fun in.
iloveMOTOV300

Apr 7, 2006, 5:30 PM
uh huh... so do you want me to worship you, you hot and sexy California boy?
sacdude

Apr 10, 2006, 1:56 AM
yes sexy babe ,
queensyankee

Apr 7, 2006, 6:25 PM
- whats great about living next to mexicans? oh, i know, you pompus pr*cks like to look at them and say, "glad I'm not them."
- your people elected an actor as governer. and the reason for this is because you do start drinking way to early. have fun with scirocis of the liver.
- come to NYC, say your from califonia, and get laughed at, lost, robbed, and beat up. godliness.....fughetaboutit.
- your "chicks and dudes" all look alike. botox, silicone, makeup, liposuction, plastic surgery, fake tans and whatever else you can do to carve up your body is not "totally" cool.
- people from cali whine and moan about everything. anyone thats done cust care will tell you people from cali are b*tches. find something better to do with your...
(continues)
djdelay

Apr 7, 2006, 6:48 PM
Can I get a HELLS YEAH?!?!?!?!

that's my nigga

NYC is the greatest city on earth....If I could afford it, I'd be there now.
mallinfobooth

Apr 7, 2006, 7:10 PM
Would you guys like to help me chip away at California and speed up the process???
LuckyLou

Apr 7, 2006, 7:15 PM
California is filled with posers 😈
djdelay

Apr 7, 2006, 7:18 PM
Here's a question........If you are a wannabe poser, are you a poser?
mallinfobooth

Apr 7, 2006, 7:20 PM
I think so, it's just as bad. Why would anyone WANT to be a poser.... maybe you're a poser trying to be a poser.
either way screw california
queensyankee

Apr 7, 2006, 8:14 PM
You are right, it is the greatest city in the world. and actually, you make alot more money working here so it evens itself out. A job where you would make $8/hour is $12/hour here. Save up your cash and move here, you'd never regret it, and whats 1 more person to 8 million 🤣
djdelay

Apr 8, 2006, 11:48 AM
yeah....I love NYC, but I gotta make a name for myself here first.....I already had an invitation from Keoki to come up to NYC and spin with him and stay at his place until I got my own, but I know I'm not ready to be just another NYC dj.....I gotta get better than that and then go to NYC, Chicago, or Miami and kill em.....
mallinfobooth

Apr 12, 2006, 1:00 PM
Yes, I love NY. I've done some awesome photo shoots there. Can't say I cared much for Buffalo though, the only person that could give us correct directions and wasn't rude (besides our friends living there) was a homeless guy. Otherwise I love the place.
However, isn't it a bit higher living costs?
I know I moved from Madison, WI to Minneapolis,MN and I got paid quite a bit more living here. The cost of living here is much higher. No taxes on clothes or neccessity foods, but higher taxes on everything else. I keep my Wisconsin plates for the simple fact that insurance is cheaper and my renewel stickers are much cheaper.
s0lrac

Apr 8, 2006, 1:45 AM
NYC is too populated!!! Miami is paradise!!! California is the richest state!!!!
sacdude

Apr 9, 2006, 8:22 PM
first of all, lets not get started on the race issue, the hispanic culture is one of great traditions, cultural variety is what makes our country great. furthermore if you dont know someone, you cant make assumptions about that person, san francisco is not the gayest city, and no california is not overrated, we have beautiful beaches, bigots like you, foment discrimination, and bigotry, sacramento is a great city with a lot things to do, we have great skiiing, no point trying to argue with idiots
queensyankee

Apr 10, 2006, 4:37 PM
Idiot, huh....You are soo stupid you think I'm trying to insinuate something about race. Congratulations on being a f*ckin moron. In my post I said I could go home with a women from any country in the world, and you translate that into bigotry? Or was it the fact that san fransisco is gay? I never said it was bad to be a homo, just that I wouldn't go around touting it. I live in NYC, not backwoods alabama, which btw, is the most culturaly diverse city in the world, don't speak to me about that. You came on here acting like you are king sh*t cause you live in california, and got it shoved right back down your throat. Once again, you don't live by a beach, you aren't on any pointless tv shows, and you are not anything close to a god to ...
(continues)
uscingulair

Apr 17, 2006, 4:39 PM
We should change his name to Craftsman....he's a major tool
alejandro

Apr 10, 2006, 11:51 AM
you are a moron.
queensyankee

Apr 10, 2006, 4:46 PM
you are a moron.
ki0sk

Apr 10, 2006, 6:22 PM
queensyankee said:
- your people elected an actor as governer. . .

guess you weren't around when they elected the late Ronald Regan for President 🙄

but yes, Arnold does stink.
which makes me wonder, i haven't heard anything about him in the news lately. what scheme is he plotting now.
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 12:00 PM
That's funny. Those are a lot of the reasons I don't like California at all. In-n-Out does kick ass though.
guido1869

Apr 8, 2006, 12:03 PM
what is it, never been to cali
spum

Apr 8, 2006, 12:07 PM
The best fast food place ever. It has like 3 choices on the menu, but they all kick ass.
alejandro

Apr 8, 2006, 3:11 PM
yeah yeah!
sacdude

Apr 9, 2006, 8:30 PM
we have the best beaches
we invented surfing
we have a great multicultural society
new york is overpriced and overcrowed
new yorkers are rude, and they dont know how to drive
we are the golden state
wisconsin is in the middle of nowhere
the new york knicks suck
queensyankee

Apr 10, 2006, 4:44 PM
NYC, the best city in the world, 'nuff said.
sacdude

Apr 11, 2006, 1:45 AM
cali rules, nuff said, new york is overpriced and overcrowded, we have the best surfing and beaches
queensyankee

Apr 11, 2006, 9:33 AM
🙄
craptacularwireless

Apr 12, 2006, 4:43 PM
🙂
alejandro

Apr 12, 2006, 5:06 PM
representin' yo!
ESmurf

Apr 12, 2006, 4:55 PM
I don't think that area code thing would work in MN. I live in the 952 type area... but my phone is 763. My b/f who lives in the same apt as me is 952... Don't other areas have this over population that we do where they need to make more phone numbers that are local? My parents live in the 218 type area but there phones are both 612. CA people are weird. Now, with Vonage, I could have a CA area code right here in MN...

In northern MN you can be calling the same area code and it's long distance... 218.
craptacularwireless

Apr 12, 2006, 4:59 PM
😕
I think Minn is just wacky!

We have the area code and different prefixes within those area codes. Perhaps that's what you're talking about?

Example: 805-478-000, 805-260-0000, 805-714-0000, 805-868-0000, 805-345-0000, 805-354-0000

These are all cell phone prefixes for the same city.
ESmurf

Apr 12, 2006, 5:13 PM
Uh uh. Those 4 area codes are all local. It used to be just 612 but we got to big so then it was 612 and 763 (I think) Then they added 651 then 952. (again, I'm not sure of the order but I think that was it). 612 is the middle of the cities, 763 is the northern 'burbs, 952 is the southern 'burbs and 651 is in there somewhere too but I live in the southern 'burbs with a 763 area code. Pretty much they let you choose one of the 4 area codes. Since they are all considered local it doesn't really matter.

In northern MN you can call the same area code and it's long distance. (21😎
Vox Dei

Apr 12, 2006, 5:21 PM
Where i live we have an area about the same size as CA all has the same area code. when i was younger living out in the country it was longdistance to call across the road because we were on a dividing line 😛
alejandro

Apr 12, 2006, 5:28 PM
the entire state of west virginia has one area code.
disco inferno

Apr 12, 2006, 6:19 PM
it would they have a population about equal to my neighborhood
ESmurf

Apr 12, 2006, 6:41 PM
... if you would move out of the projects you wouldn't feel so crowded...
disco inferno

Apr 19, 2006, 6:46 PM
no it's not that... i have a friend from basic training who lives in West V his nearest neighbor is 1.5 miles away and is his grandma, no joke
ESmurf

Apr 19, 2006, 6:52 PM
Sorry Disco, just like to give you guys crap. I can do that when I'm the slowest store and still have the highest GP... 😛
xIsamuTM

Apr 13, 2006, 6:21 PM
van nuys, reseda, northridge represent!
alejandro

Apr 13, 2006, 6:51 PM
you need another quake.
alejandro

Apr 13, 2006, 7:13 PM
Just kidding, i was born in 559, lived in 916 for a while, lived in 818 (la crescenta, montrose)for a couple of years till i moved to 323 and then out of the state.
djdelay

Apr 13, 2006, 7:28 PM
[in thickest tennessee southern drawl] what y'all know bout that, son?
alejandro

Apr 13, 2006, 7:41 PM
talk to whitehorse, he is a countryman of yours. I would never go to a fascist thoecracy like iran saudi arabia or tennessee.
texaswireless

Apr 16, 2006, 1:05 PM
And Rubio's!
uscingulair

Apr 17, 2006, 4:37 PM
SAC DUDE IS A TOOL BAG... PASS IT ON
sacdude

Apr 19, 2006, 1:22 AM
dude screw you, who cares what you think moron
aemsafd

Apr 19, 2006, 1:33 AM
Hey man, just a tip- stop insulting people.

Simply calling somebody a moron is stupid and ineffectual. Try this:

Point out WHY their post is moronic. Don't specifically call them a moron, but point out the weaker points of their thread so that its obvious to other people reading that the person insulting you is a moron. This way, you avoid a fight while getting other people to agree with you.

Either that or you can take the high road and ignore them. But I like my first suggestion better.
sacdude

Apr 19, 2006, 1:39 AM
thank you sir for the advice, you are very welcome
ferrarik1

Apr 18, 2006, 1:16 PM
707, 415 how we do. gettin hyphey up in here 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.