Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

low rf area

sammy2

Jun 30, 2004, 6:34 PM
As a Verizon customer for about five years now I have stuck with them through both challenging & good times. I now want to provide some feedback as a customer and receive feedback from workers in the field. I live and have a home office in Denver. When I married and moved to the new house in Denver I placed my wife on a Verizon service contract. At that time the retail store never mentioned that the area of the home was a low RF area. From my perspective it would have been appropriate if the CSR could have told us that if we were going to depend on calls to the home that would be problamatic given the low RF status. It would not have been a problem if we would not be depending on this particular site. Unfortunately I got the runaround ...
(continues)
theDMan

Jul 1, 2004, 12:12 AM
That's quite the loaded question. From a CSR position I'd have to say you're being a bit harsh. Because an issue is reported in a system and is available for someone within the company's structure to access, it doesn't necessarily make it a known issue. I'll give an example here from my experience within AT&T. There was an issue with a certain production run on the Nokia 8260 series phones with a shield in the phone that caused the phones not to work in 1900MHz markets. Now this was loaded into our intranet under an issues log for this phone, unfortunately, this intranet has approximately 20000 pages of info at any given time. Since many of the symptoms exhibited by this phone were very similar to a those during network outages many re...
(continues)
sammy2

Jul 1, 2004, 12:49 PM
The circumstance does indeed present a dilemma. The thirty day window does exist but my problem woes a bit more complex. In the first place I was repeatedly told that I should re-program the phone or try one that receives better reception. That pretty much ate up the thirty days. Secondly, I used my phone for business and at the time number portability was not available so I wanted to stick to Verizon if at all possible. I had already demonstrated to Verizon my loyalty through years of contracts and bringing others on.

I did not expect the CSR reps to figure it out on their own but rather since the area was identified by Verizon testing long ago as a low RF area the local reps should be made specifically aware of the problem.

The ...
(continues)
theDMan

Jul 1, 2004, 9:57 PM
I can definitely agree with the points you raise here. As for the issue of reps not knowing coverage I cannot speak for Verizon, but without divulging proprietary info I can tell you that AT&T does have and continues to improve and expand a mapping tool that allows for reps to simply input a street adress and instantly have a fairly good breakdown of signal strength, vooice quality, dropped calls and interference.
phonepimp3376

Jul 4, 2004, 10:10 AM
Most carriers have a map tool like the one you speak of. I know for a fact VZW does, as does my company. Although they are sometimes a bit behind the latest development by a few weeks (or longer), they can alleviate problems like the one you speak of.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.