printed August 21, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=17&fi=55466

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

Back to message list

low rf area

by sammy2    Jun 30, 2004, 6:34 PM

As a Verizon customer for about five years now I have stuck with them through both challenging & good times. I now want to provide some feedback as a customer and receive feedback from workers in the field. I live and have a home office in Denver. When I married and moved to the new house in Denver I placed my wife on a Verizon service contract. At that time the retail store never mentioned that the area of the home was a low RF area. From my perspective it would have been appropriate if the CSR could have told us that if we were going to depend on calls to the home that would be problamatic given the low RF status. It would not have been a problem if we would not be depending on this particular site. Unfortunately I got the runaround for over one year from Verizon until I learned of the Known Evil or Very Mad problem. My attempt to learn what Verizon's plans for the area were just as difficult to come by. I thought it reasonable to learn if Verizon planned an antenna to improve coverage in this area and approximately when that might occur. Verizon would be able to make their business decision and we would then follow with our informed decision. It took another six months and much detective work to learn of the plans. I am still with Verizon and we have a cell phone tower which indeed improves coverage into the area (this is not an outlining area of Denver). I understand the retail associates and even managers were not given the RF status information even though Verizon knew about it. This is an unfortunate business decision to keep the key customer front line folks out of the loop. In fact I believe it is poor customer relations. I have signed many others up to Verizon and I am realistic regarding coverage but i expect respect and honesty back. Your thoughts?

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.