Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Are you new hear or something?

cingular55

Dec 12, 2005, 12:30 AM
My second to last day at verizon i got this question from a an angry customer about his upgrade. Dont know if anyone hear is familiar with upgrade policies at verizon here is the basic. TO upgrade early must have phone for at least a year and be on a rate plan of 59.99 or higher.

guy: ok so i want to upgrade my phone!
Me: sure, we can look at phones right now but i wont be able to upgrade your phone for a week.
Guy: no, i dont think you understand. i want a phone now.
Me; ok full retail price
guy: are you new hear or somthing?
Me: no sir, i have been here almost a year, and that has always been our policy.

What the hell is up with people and wanting stuff whenever they think they should get it. I dont go back to my honda dealer...
(continues)
alejandro

Dec 12, 2005, 12:08 PM
i don't mean to be a jerk but... it just so happens that i come across that way.

hear = the ability to recognize things through sound

here = present (as in occupying a close space with someone, not what you get for christmas)
Vox Dei

Dec 12, 2005, 1:36 PM
Man i gota say. Someone is eligible for renewal in a week and you can't do it is pretty lame. I could see if it was a month or two but a week? Where i work we have a little flexibiliy when we offer someone a renewal (accually we have alot of fexibility but we only supposed to give a little ;))
CptFarlow

Dec 12, 2005, 2:36 PM
Here at my store it doesn't matter if they are eligible tomorrow, we can't do it. The computer generates a code, and if they aren't eligible the code will not come up.

It's policy, I don't understand how somebody can argue with that. Come back in a week, is the phone that important to you?

This one girl, probably about 15 was whining to her mother about getting a phone. She was going to have to wait a week for a phone. She started complaining to her mother for more money, and to me for a discount, and said, "I can't live without my phone! What will I do tonight?!"

I looked at her and said, "People have lived without phones for thousands of years, I think you can survive a week."

I hate how we rely on money and material pos...
(continues)
craptacularwireless

Dec 12, 2005, 2:41 PM
We live in America where we only care about instant gratification. Faster, faster, faster, faster. More, more, more, more. They should add that to our national anthem.
Nikoletta

Dec 13, 2005, 12:07 PM
Damn, I gotta wait until June to upgrade my phone (because I changed my plan to a promo and reset my contract) ok so I have to wait till June to get the best discount, why won't they waive that and let me be special I want a T809 NOW for free!

Sheeit... I work here and I have to follow the same rules, why do all those morons think I'm going to bend them for their precious selves when they aren't bent for me?
Etix

Dec 13, 2005, 6:37 PM
I keep buy new phones and i will probably never be eligible for a rebate again, do i complain, no, i buy it out right, $150 isnt that much money off a phone... i wish they'd get rid of the whole rebate thing

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.