Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

Yet another Asurion success story

jerrydock

Jun 4, 2005, 1:22 PM
TDMA customer just came in the store. Asurion has sent him a nokia 3560...$50 deductable of course. He followed the instructions sent to him with the phone and called in to activate it over the phone. Phone would not come off ROAM; which means that he was using analog service and paying $.35/min. Asurion told him to come to the store so we could see if the phone was properly programmed. I did a long programming...nothing was right..anyone surprised????
Even after all this phone still read ROAM.
This customer depends on his phone for business. He has now been out of service since Monday. I was in the middle of upgrading another customer who sold him his Nokia 3560 and his wife's 3560 for $10 each. Customer cancelled his insurance. ...
(continues)
Vatothe0

Jun 4, 2005, 1:26 PM
I don't understand why Asurion phones ALWAYS require manual programming. Once you do short programming, OTA will usually work, but still.
OscarLove

Sep 26, 2005, 11:12 PM
How in the beep do they stay in business 👿
EvilOrangeJello

Sep 27, 2005, 12:27 PM
consumer ignorance mostly; if people read the terms and conditions of the insurance they'd never sign up for it in a million years.
jkrivjansky

Jun 4, 2005, 1:35 PM
And every phone you sell is perfect and never has a problem right?
lorilicious

Sep 27, 2005, 1:24 PM
thank you! Asurion don't have the phone in front of them to troubleshoot like a technician in-store would 🙂 that's just common sense.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.