Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Episode 3 of The Adventures of Bob, the Typical Cingular Customer

repCB

Jul 30, 2005, 12:43 PM
It's a hot yet beautiful summer day outside, and Bob is driving down the street with nowhere to go and nothing better to do. What better time to call Cingular to have his text messaging fixed...

Fifteen minutes into the conversation...

Bob: No, I'm on it right now! Can't you just press a button and fix it while I'm on the phone?

Rep: Sir, I'm trying to explain, we need to check the settings in the phone. This type of issue is usually caused by an incorrect message center number programmed into the phone. If I could have you check that numbe--

Bob: I don't have time for this technical mumbo-jumbo. Do you know how many important messages I'm missing?

Rep: Well sir, I can fix it if I could call you back on another phone. If you...
(continues)
Tail

Aug 1, 2005, 3:41 PM
I commend your excellent writing repCB. Looking very forward to episode 4. What's it that the kid did? Go over minutes? Long distance? Premium text messages? All of the above? 🙂
repCB

Aug 1, 2005, 3:44 PM
I dont wanna give it away. Lets just say its a Jamster analogy, but not what you think.
Tail

Aug 1, 2005, 3:49 PM
If it's any way associated with Jamster, it'll be comedic gold I'm sure. Ever consider writing comedy?
repCB

Aug 1, 2005, 3:50 PM
I've considered it, but my talents are needed here.
AlwaysConfused

Aug 1, 2005, 3:53 PM
I agree, excellent stuff!
Vox Dei

Aug 1, 2005, 6:11 PM
Let me guess...He downloaded the whole lord of the rings trilogy on his handset illegaly and for .3/kb?
Vox Dei

Aug 2, 2005, 4:07 PM
Sorry i hope i didn't blow it...but I know a rep who accually had a guy who's son downloaded the whole lord of the rings trilogy illegaly from his handset at .03/kb...Can you say $60,000 bill? Do you know how high you have to go in the company before you can even talk to someone about credit? I'm not sure if the CEO is authorized for that amount 😁. Besides its and illegal download so if they take it to court they get charged for piracy...Probably cost them the same amount in fines plus they lose the case 😛
BlueHFX

Aug 2, 2005, 4:24 PM
Vox Dei said:
Sorry i hope i didn't blow it...but I know a rep who accually had a guy who's son downloaded the whole lord of the rings trilogy illegaly from his handset at .03/kb...Can you say $60,000 bill? Do you know how high you have to go in the company before you can even talk to someone about credit? I'm not sure if the CEO is authorized for that amount 😁. Besides its and illegal download so if they take it to court they get charged for piracy...Probably cost them the same amount in fines plus they lose the case 😛

This was done back before cingular merger long before it. the bill was 17,000 I was on the floor when the call came in a few seats down from the person who took it. And I think it wa...
(continues)
Vox Dei

Aug 2, 2005, 5:21 PM
Ya i was on the floor too but i only heard it second hand. I could be wrong that it was all three but it was a huge bill.
BlueHFX

Aug 2, 2005, 5:37 PM
Vox Dei said:
Ya i was on the floor too but i only heard it second hand. I could be wrong that it was all three but it was a huge bill.

Yeah that was like forever ago now. must been like 2 years ago i think.
Vox Dei

Aug 3, 2005, 12:09 PM
Ya. I stayed there way to long 😛 I'm gone now. Work for a much better company now.
repCB

Aug 3, 2005, 4:24 PM
Lucky you.
OrangeTSC

Aug 1, 2005, 10:01 PM
😢 CLASSIC MAN, CLASSIC! 😢
Anxiovert

Aug 2, 2005, 1:50 PM
you lost me after he went from driving to a call center.
too long...
Tampa_VZW_Jim

Aug 3, 2005, 3:10 PM
in bob we trust.
repCB

Aug 3, 2005, 4:25 PM
Coming next Monday!
Vox Dei

Aug 3, 2005, 6:11 PM
Ohhhh. you had me going with the Title of the thread. I was hoping you were posting. I was so excited.
axess_denied

Aug 4, 2005, 1:38 PM
Excellent! I love it. Sigman is a dick, he might as well be Satan. Good work.
Shayby

Aug 5, 2005, 4:39 PM
Rep, I was finally able to access this and read it..

ITS GREAT!!!!!
repCB

Aug 5, 2005, 4:44 PM
Thanks 🙂
Shayby

Aug 5, 2005, 4:57 PM
No problem darlin, thanks for taking the time to post them. 🙂
Thelastholdout

Dec 25, 2008, 2:17 AM
I couldn't stop laughing for about five minutes from reading the first couple of lines. This is gold to anyone who works at a cell company call center, no matter who it is. (For instance, I'm VZW.)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.