Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

tethering

macgyveravc

Jun 18, 2013, 2:41 PM
broke, no money. can I tether a samsung sgh-a157 go phone 3g to my android nextbook and/or laptop? any help will be greatly appreciated.
Riot_Act

Jun 18, 2013, 6:33 PM
No way to do so, since the phone can't act as a dedicated USB modem. It may work on windows and by software emulation.
macgyveravc

Jun 18, 2013, 7:11 PM
Im handy installing software and such. Im running windows, but im a linux fan. open suse, ubuntu, etc. so......where can i get software emulation software? I dont have the patience to write my own.
Riot_Act

Jun 18, 2013, 7:34 PM
Go to samsung's website and see if there's some "drivers" (samsung pc suite software of something that works with feature phones). Though, this is for Windows PCs to connect to the internet using the phone as a modem. I don't think that It's viable to try to emulate an usb modem through android LOL

(LOL: Some modem functions depend heavily on windows libraries .net framework 2.0 and up)
macgyveravc

Jun 18, 2013, 7:12 PM
Thanks riot act.
Downscripting

Jun 19, 2013, 6:13 AM
macgyveravc, would you like to purcahse a Riot_Act bobble head?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.