Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

EXCESSIVE DATA USAGE ON THE AT&T IPHONE 4

worldwatcher

May 20, 2013, 10:21 AM
Has anybody ever encountered that issue with the iphone 4 using Excessive amount of data?

I have had multiple cases and always it is with the iphone 4. I followed up with a few customers that i have encountered the problem with and some stop getting overages after doing a master reset, some after a software update, i have even had customer get warranty replacement .

And the problem really seems not to be with the customer's usage but the phone itself.

Can anybody help me confirm?
Downscripting

May 20, 2013, 10:39 AM
A lot of them have warranty issues connecting to wifi are what I deal with.
worldwatcher

May 20, 2013, 11:13 AM
I've had countless calls about that and it never fails. Always the same phone. There was a case where the phone transfered 32GB of data in 2 weeks
Downscripting

May 20, 2013, 11:34 AM
If they did iOS update not on wifi would be part of it. There are also apps that, for no other way of explaining, just go haywire. They will push extreme amounts of data for no reason. The only way to fix that is master reset.
worldwatcher

May 20, 2013, 1:10 PM
That's usually my first advise. And that, often times helps resolving the problem. IOS update on cellular data does consume a lot but not the amount i have seen from those customers.

Some times last year there was an issue with androids were certain widgets would do that, but i haven't heard of any occurence since last August.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.