Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Abney and Associates Online: Cybercrime

abyrobar

Mar 15, 2013, 9:24 PM
http://gdgt.com/discuss/abney-and-associates-online- ... »
Cybercrime: Be wary of public Wi-Fi while on vacation
MONTREAL - Travellers should be wary of cyber threats on vacation as they access free wireless networks with their smartphones, tablets or laptops, says software security company Symantec Corp.
Canadians travelling for March break and into the summer season shouldn't be doing things like pulling up their bank accounts on Wi-Fi networks, said Symantec Canada's Lynn Hargrove.
"What people don't realize is that there's no security on those Wi-Fi networks for the most part," she said.
"It's a great way to keep in touch while you're on vacation, but there are some inherent risks that come with it that people just aren't ...
(continues)
abyrobar

Mar 15, 2013, 9:35 PM
I cannot believe war is everywhere, even in cyber world. Now cyberwar, people cannot get enough of their stupidity. Cyber world is taking over us. It run the world, we are no longer in control.
sic

Mar 16, 2013, 8:19 PM
I can barely wait for my cyberarm and Ares Predator!
sic

Mar 16, 2013, 9:59 PM
Somebody set up us the cyber-bomb.
Fraulein

Apr 15, 2013, 9:29 AM
DR

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.