Phone Scoop

printed August 27, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=17&fi=3161542

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

Back to message list

Top message:  Question for AT&T Customer Care Reps by iljaaf21   Jul 23, 2012, 5:20 PM

Replying to:  over the phone or to be applied to the account? by TheDudeAbides   Jul 25, 2012, 11:30 AM

That's What I Thought

by iljaaf21    Jul 26, 2012, 9:16 AM

This is helpful.

I've been with the company for over 3 years, and have done this countless times. The other day I had a cross upgrade due to a teenage girl losing her phone. Because of the situation, I was able to talk them into getting the insurance and the Mobile Protect. Because I work at an Authorized Retailer, I had to call Care. Normally it takes about 10 minutes. After about 20 minutes, the rep started asking me questions like where they got the phone, how long ago, and what model it was.
I restated that I had literally just finished the cross upgrade, switched the equipment in the account, and that it was an Android. She then told me that the equipment wasn't on the line, and that she couldn't add it because the line we were working with was outside the enrollment period.

This pissed me off, so I basically educated her on what cross upgrade meant, and then told her that she needs to get her supervisor for an override.

After 45 minutes on the phone with her, it finally got done. I just don't know what her problem was.

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.