Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Question for AT&T Customer Care Reps

iljaaf21

Jul 23, 2012, 5:20 PM
I want to start this by stating that I'm not trying to sound rude or obnoxious. Honest question.

If a customer (or an Authorized Retailer) calls in to get insurance added to a line from a cross upgrade, how long should it take for you to do that?
Captain Ahash

Jul 24, 2012, 6:24 PM
only about 4-12 hours.
TheDudeAbides

Jul 25, 2012, 11:30 AM
Takes me about 4 minutes with verbatim and all, but I'm super fast. Btw insurance is not a sale so reps hate insurance calls, and they were prolly in insurance queue all ding dong day. You being a rep makes it that much harder for them to sell roadside or something else as well. If there's complications because the custy is past their 30 days, then yeah, it takes a while. Does that help?
iljaaf21

Jul 26, 2012, 9:16 AM
This is helpful.

I've been with the company for over 3 years, and have done this countless times. The other day I had a cross upgrade due to a teenage girl losing her phone. Because of the situation, I was able to talk them into getting the insurance and the Mobile Protect. Because I work at an Authorized Retailer, I had to call Care. Normally it takes about 10 minutes. After about 20 minutes, the rep started asking me questions like where they got the phone, how long ago, and what model it was.
I restated that I had literally just finished the cross upgrade, switched the equipment in the account, and that it was an Android. She then told me that the equipment wasn't on the line, and that she couldn't add it because the line we were w...
(continues)
TheDudeAbides

Jul 26, 2012, 1:34 PM
ask for employee id's (ATTUID) when talking to anyone right off the bat. It helps scare em a little and keep em in check
comander60

Jul 27, 2012, 7:09 AM
Not really!!! Rep will make up an attuid so try and find that rep 🤣
Ejkbou

Jul 27, 2012, 4:17 PM
I am CARE. We have a number of hoops to jump through as well so dont feel the rep was being difficult. One thing being Insurance can only be added to brand new phones at time of sale, not used, referbs or replacements
iljaaf21

Jul 28, 2012, 11:41 AM
I don't feel that she was being difficult. I just don't think she knew what she was doing. She told me she didn't see the IMEI on that line (when it was), she didn't know what a cross upgrade was, and then told me she didn't know why it wouldn't let her attach it.
truthinsuffering

Jul 25, 2012, 4:58 PM
I'm paid hourly, but to get insurance added for a cross upgrade her requires an override, so depends on how many Managers or Supervisors are avalible, but expectations and all..... with override, normally less than 12 minutes and once added it goes into effect immediately, once that is done though Asurion will require customer to send in a bunch of documentation to actually do the replacment, because it looks fishy to them.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.