Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Direct TV people

Mikey C

Jul 17, 2012, 11:46 AM
I know there are some on here. Wassup with this strike on viacom? Im assuming its nationwide and not just an east coast thing. I am also assuming yall have had to deal with a lot of calls about it.
Mikey C

Jul 18, 2012, 11:47 AM
Guess I was wrong..

But Nickelodeon is back on direct TV so I guess its all gravy.
Haggard

Jul 18, 2012, 1:13 PM
A few that I work with do DTV, but they do chats. Post the link in the lounge and I'm sure one of them will respond.
hashtag-yolo

Jul 18, 2012, 5:17 PM
There is such a mess about it. Especially with current customers getting lost on the sales side coming in out of control because they can not watch sponge bob. I mean the channels we lost for now such any ways. MYC LOGO, ya right these channels are useless. Other they that we are still making a lot of sales, so it looks good right now.
Mikey C

Jul 18, 2012, 6:41 PM
And there are kids in the house. Spongebob is more entertaining to them than a two minute loop of the CEO of direct TV explaining the situation.
hashtag-yolo

Jul 19, 2012, 12:30 PM
What was your question sir?
Mikey C

Jul 19, 2012, 2:33 PM
Wassup with this strike on viacom?

as in why?
Haggard

Jul 19, 2012, 3:30 PM
Viacom wants additional $1billion dollars from DTV, coming out to a few dollars extra per customer for the same channels they are currently paying for. DTV says "no" Viacom says "we'll shut off your channels.."
DTV says "go for it, you greedy a-holes."
Until they come to an agreement, you won't have your channels.
Haggard

Jul 19, 2012, 3:31 PM
The programming dispute between DirecTV and Viacom is starting to affect the general population, with Viacom escalating the issue by pulling some of its popular shows from the Internet.

"The Daily Show," "The Colbert Report," and "Jersey Shore" are among the popular shows no longer available online as of yesterday. Other shows, such as "South Park," remain online, and back episodes of some pulled shows can still be found on Hulu.

DirecTV and Viacom have been arguing over how much a distributor should pay an entertainment company for content. Amid that fight, Viacom has pulled its shows off DirecTV. Meanwhile, DirecTV had told irritated subscribers to temporarily watch the shows on the Web. But by darkening its Web sites this week, Viac...
(continues)
Mikey C

Jul 19, 2012, 5:19 PM
For helping me continue to be lazy. It is much appreciated. 😁
Ejkbou

Jul 20, 2012, 8:17 PM
The channels are back and DTV won so all the issues are over. YAY!!!!!!
Mikey C

Jul 21, 2012, 1:07 PM
So what was the end result? Jacked up bills?
Mikey C

Jul 21, 2012, 2:41 PM
I want my...

I want my...

I want my MTV..
Haggard

Jul 22, 2012, 10:31 AM
Did you miss the 16 and Pregnant finale and the new episode of Jersey Shore?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.