printed August 1, 2014
See this page online at:
http://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff=17&fi=3149946

Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

Back to message list

Fraud Call(s)

by TheDudeAbides    Jul 4, 2012, 10:13 AM

so a guy who fit the profile of a current fraud ring calls me, verifies the account, is way too familiar with my department's call flow and order of operations, and struck me as fishy. He was able to verify the acct and there were no recent orders or notes or alerts on the account so I proceeded to help him-- until he wanted the phone billed to the account AND the phone sent to a different address-- both of which I can do but Confused
I placed him on hold and expressed my concerns to a supv, supv said flat out refuse to send the phone to any address but the billing address. Custy flipped out and was insistant and went back and forth with me for about ten minutes, and I couldn't outright accuse him. I finally said:
"Sir I know you are a valued customer with us and we certainly appreciate you but there has been a lot of FRAUD (emphasized) in your area so for your protection I can only send the phone to the billing address. He got spooked and hung up.

20 min later I get a call from a woman, same acct. I verify with her, then say "lemme guess, you want the samsung blah and you want it billed to the account and sent to a different address!!??" she said "ummmmmm, yeeeaah?"
"A man called 20 min ago on this account and I informed him I absolutely cannot send the phone to another address!!!" her: Shocked got spooked apologised and hung up

Twisted Evil Laughing

Report to moderator

Replies

Reply You must log in to reply.

Back to message list

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Twitter Phone Scoop on Facebook Phone Scoop on Google+ Subscribe to Phone Scoop on YouTube Follow on Instagram

All content Copyright 2001-2014 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.