Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Not paid to clean up messes

Ohfrigginreally

May 14, 2012, 4:56 PM
My store is within the vicinity of at least two indirect dealers. On a monthly basis ( although things have calmed down quite a bit) my store gets customers coming in with issues or outright fraudlent things done on their bill or account and wanting us to fix it.
Some of these customers know better but they go to these shady dealers anyway and then try to come boohoo crying to us. ๐Ÿ™„ For the most part, no one at my location will help or go anywhere near an account or customer who has purchased anything from there.
But a few days ago I had a customer get really upset when I told her there was nothing I could do about her dilemma with screwed up plan and jacked up phone. With huge alligator tears in her eyes she began to try and berat...
(continues)
Rectiphobe

May 14, 2012, 5:49 PM
If something is wrong with a customer's phone or account, remember, you're sales, not service. That's what the corporate store is for.
Ohfrigginreally

May 14, 2012, 9:32 PM
Your right for part of your statement,that if there is something wrong then it is part of the job. But in cases like what I described its not. Most Corporate stores only help if its something another corporate store did. Anything a indirect dealer does, be it right wrong or sideways, isnt something we fix. Or are required to either. That is between the customer, the indirect dealer, and maybe customer care (whose primary job is that, not sales as you stated) .
Rectiphobe

May 15, 2012, 1:07 AM
I mess up an activation from time to time, but like I said, I'm sales not service.

Go to the AT&T store, custy.
Fredd

May 15, 2012, 1:55 PM
Yes, and never go back to that indirect dealer that messed things up and only cares about the initial sale.
By the way, be sure to spread the word about them too, so no one you know goes back there! They do not deserve anyone's business.
Rectiphobe

May 15, 2012, 2:25 PM
I agree, the corporate stores are greedy! Indeed, they do not deserve anybody's business.
Fredd

May 15, 2012, 3:08 PM
Note to self - next time, don't feed the trolls.
Rectiphobe

May 15, 2012, 3:12 PM
That's probably good advice.

Sorry, I get bored. And I'm immature.
Ohfrigginreally

May 15, 2012, 5:26 PM
๐Ÿ˜
Agreed. We tell majority of our customers not to EVER go to the indirects. Not all are bad but the ones near me are terrible.
If they still go then they are S*@t out of luck b/c we dont touch it with a ten foot pole.

We give them this face ๐Ÿคจ, and then this face ๐Ÿคฃ when they demand help. Then we show them the door
jestcuzzgrl

May 16, 2012, 11:42 AM
I am an authorized retailer. If something happens and it messes up the customers account we take care of it. We also take care of other reps screw ups. Customers keep coming back because we are just that awesome. If you ask our customers (we don't even have to) they will tell you how rude corp is and how they refuse to go back. I never blame anything on them to the customer. I try to keep the peace because all in all we all work for the same company.
Ohfrigginreally

May 17, 2012, 11:06 AM
I dont think Fredd is wrong. A customer should be told not to go back to the not indirect dealers who screwed them over. If it was a corporate store who screwed up I think an indirect dealer like yourself would have every right to say the same thing. Which by the way, I am happy to meet you! ( No sarcasm meant). Its very rare by my location to meet honest authorized retailers, so I am glad that there are good ones out there and I get to "hear" from them.
We mainly get the castaways who dealt with an indirect dealer like Recitophobe and worse. By the time they drive into our parking lot they are like an angry ogre foaming at them mouth with hatred and anger spewing obscenities at us and demanding help.

The nicer ones sometimes
(continues)
Ohfrigginreally

May 17, 2012, 11:08 AM
I dont think Fredd is wrong. A customer should be told not to go back to the indirect dealers who screwed them over. If it was a corporate store who screwed up I think an indirect dealer like yourself would have every right to say the same thing. Which by the way, I am happy to meet you! ( No sarcasm meant). Its very rare by my location to meet honest authorized retailers, so I am glad that there are good ones out there and I get to "hear" from them.
We mainly get the castaways who dealt with an indirect dealer like Recitophobe and worse. By the time they drive into our parking lot they are like an angry ogre foaming at them mouth with hatred and anger spewing obscenities at us and demanding help.

The nicer ones sometimes we help. But...
(continues)
Fredd

May 17, 2012, 11:48 AM
My statement was "never go back to that indirect dealer that messed things up and only cares about the initial sale". Obviously, you are not in that subset and I would encourage customers to patronize your services (unlike the attitude of one of the other posters).

Sales with correct service = satisfied customer, which become repeat business & referrals.
jestcuzzgrl

May 16, 2012, 11:38 AM
At my store we are very customer service based. We almost always fix other reps screw ups. Customers keep coming back to us and realize they don't want to go anywhere else. I just had a customer that went through walmart and was told wrong information. I sent him back there because I really couldn't do anything. People shouldn't go through walmart. They always come here to have us do the rest of the work. It is frusterating.
dualitycomplex

May 31, 2012, 4:52 PM
right, and your manager district manager, sales director, regional president approve of you representing your company and location in such a poor light, that you will flat out refuse service to a customer who needs help. Yes i work at an indirect, and some of the people here mess things up, so does the corporate stores, the difference is we here do not boot a customer out the door based on the initial sale location.

my indirect dealers management team would flat our fire me if i refused service to anyone based on the location.

oh and to feed the trolls.

bacon is the worse food ever ( i dont believe that but i want to see everyone argue over how awesome bacon is.)
PhoneyName

May 31, 2012, 5:03 PM
I'm pretty sure that trolls hate bacon. They're just contrary like that.
hobble

Jun 1, 2012, 7:46 PM
I f*ing love bacon.
SeXyLittleHeartBreaker

Jun 1, 2012, 8:02 PM
So do I! ๐Ÿคค

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.