Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

Sales tip for indirect retailers...

Rectiphobe

May 14, 2012, 3:29 PM
If the activation/upgrade fee becomes an objection you can't overcome, just tell the customer to call customer service and complain until the rep removes the fees. A lot of the customers already know that cust. service reps have the ability to remove act/upg fees, but they don't know that the reps will hold out as long as possible before crediting them. So, my advice to my customers is to complain about the company, the terrible service, threaten to cancel and request the supervisor of whoever they're talking to until they finally get it taken care of. Also, obscenities and personal insults usually help.

Works like a charm.
Haggard

May 14, 2012, 4:09 PM
🤣
Haggard

May 14, 2012, 4:09 PM
😁
hobble

May 14, 2012, 4:39 PM
Build a great relationship with your corporate reps, sometimes they can waive activation fee(atnt ALWAYS does for me) and sometimes sprint.
PhoneyName

May 14, 2012, 6:22 PM
Do you realize that you are encouraging the customers to use "obscenities and personal insults" against the very people who read these threads, and those people come on Shop Talk to complain about the customers who use "obscenities and personal insults" to get things they don't deserve?

Just sayin'...

As an indirect agent, if I can't overcome an objection to a $30 fee without encouraging my customers to treat my colleagues like crap, perhaps I need to return to sales training. I've never lost a sale over an activation or upgrade fee, I just offer a free car charger (yes Mr. Customer, that's a $30 value, so it all evens out in the end!) and it's all good.
Rectiphobe

May 15, 2012, 1:02 AM
Nah, the gross margin on accessories is too high to throw away. You're hurting your own business. Customer care exists to take care of the customer after I'm done with them. Once they have paid and signed the conract, my job is done. The customer can go take the time to yell at care and get the act fee waived if they want. Idc
dilligaff1

May 15, 2012, 10:51 AM
WRONG!!!! 👿 If the POS makes a promise to waive a Fee, you handle it!!! Not CCA's 👿 👿 👿
Rectiphobe

May 15, 2012, 12:27 PM
My terminal doesn't make promises, so...
Rectiphobe

May 15, 2012, 12:28 PM
I'm sales, not service. What is a CCA? Customer Care Anybody-can-do-your-easy-job?

Dude. Press a few buttons and take the fees away. Stop playing these games with your customers by holding out on them. Just waive the damn fees!
dilligaff1

May 15, 2012, 2:50 PM
First of all I'm Tech. But when I was CCA for both At7t and now Sprint clearly says Activation/Upgrade fees are not to be waived unless noted in the account or is/was a promo and should be done at POS whether Store or Telesales.
Rectiphobe

May 15, 2012, 2:53 PM
Nah, you can waive it.
Haggard

May 15, 2012, 3:53 PM
Lmao.
dilligaff1

May 15, 2012, 3:21 PM
Nope!!!! NEVVVVER!!! 😈 🤣 😈
bryantkd

May 15, 2012, 1:34 PM
Please don't feed this troll. Just hope he doesn't work near you and be happy knowing he will eventually be tossed out of the industry for his crappy/unethical service
Rectiphobe

May 15, 2012, 1:35 PM
I've been at the same job for over four years, and I'm one of the most highly regarded employees. So, I'm not going anywhere. 😉
dilligaff1

May 15, 2012, 3:23 PM
I've been doing it 13 years and if you add all my OT and divide by 40 hours for a work week, it comes out to 27 years taking calls 😎
soundwave

May 15, 2012, 3:48 PM
27 years X 52 weeks a year X 40 hours per week = 56160 hours worked.

13 years of actual work = 676 weeks actually worked

56160 hours/ 676 weeks actually worked = 83hrs per week.

So no i dont think youve been working 83 hr weeks, (not counting the time you were there for unpaid lunches) 52 weeks a year with out missing any days for 13 years.

BOOM! Myth Busted.
Haggard

May 15, 2012, 3:51 PM
🤣
dilligaff1

May 15, 2012, 4:13 PM
Many days 5;30AM - 11😛M six days a week, sometimes 7 ant NO LUNCH EVER!!!! We can eat on the Phones 😁 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.