Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Customers know more then me!

Stryphor

Apr 24, 2012, 11:31 PM
I don't know how many of you are AT&T reps, but I guess now Verizon and Sprint reps may understand this too.

WTF is up with customer's calling in wanting to know if they can upgrade and then proceed to tell you when the new iPhone is coming out?

They don't ask, they don't say they heard a rumor. I was literally just told "That's bull I can't upgrade, the iPhone 5 is coming out in June and I have to get it, I'll just add another line and never use it."

If I ever get a customer that is willing to bend over backwards to get an iPhone I make sure to bend them over as far as I can! 😎
Jellz

Apr 25, 2012, 6:58 AM
It is very annoying, yes. "I'm saving my upgrade for the iPhone 5 in June" is a very popular line with them. Well, I hope the iPhone 5 doesn't come out til December and you're stuck with a crappy phone until then, buddy.
HatesBlackberrys

Apr 25, 2012, 11:49 AM
There's no such thing. Rumors are rumors, nothing more. Until Apple, the MFG of everything Apple, announces a product, there isn't such a thing.

There's not even an iPad 3, even though people SWEAR there was going to be. It's called "The New iPad". That's simple enough, yet people just don't get it.

Besides, I've many times sold people on Andriod phones over Apple phones becuase Apple's phones are not as personal or customizable as an Android.
Stryphor

Apr 25, 2012, 3:50 PM
That's what I meant about bending over backwards for the iPhone. Do you know how many people call in for their upgrade. I tell them they are eligible in like 6 months but if they want I can do an Android phone now...and possibly free and they tell me no?

One day a lady responded with, but why would I want to downgrade!?!?!?!
truthinsuffering

Apr 25, 2012, 4:10 PM
Like we have said before, Apple has been quoted saying that Iphone is for beginner smartphone users, but if you want more customizablity, then go to Andriod. Android can do just about anything Iphone can do and more without the system being as locked down as Apple's software is. I think Android gets such a bad name because of phones out there like the Motorola Backflip that are just completely horrible.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.