Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

Inane buyer's philosophy

ragequit

Apr 21, 2012, 3:38 PM
Me: Hello folks, how are we doing today?

Customers: Hey, we're doing ok. You guys have T-Mobile?

M: No I sure don't. I take it that's what y'all have.

C: Yeah, and we hate it. The service is terrible at our house. We can barely get a signal.

M: Well that's too bad. Are you two in a contract with them?

C: No, our contract ended not too long ago.

M: *tells them about a plan with VZW that would actually save them money and provide far better coverage than they have (confirmed by looking at online coverage map); overcomes their objections

C: Ok, cool. Thanks for the info!

M: Just to let you know, VZW offers a 14 day buyer's remorse period, so if it doesn't work out or if you wish to go back to T-Mobile for any re...
(continues)
melrhodes

Apr 21, 2012, 7:19 PM
but we're on the same side

hates female customers
soundwave

Apr 21, 2012, 7:48 PM
sounds like you need to work on your closing.
ragequit

Apr 21, 2012, 7:50 PM
Possibly, but I'm not sure anybody could have overcome her.
0rionsVantage

Apr 22, 2012, 7:26 PM
Ugh, there is almost no stopping the 'sleep on it' customers.

The only thing that has worked for me in the past (and its about a 1/4 success rate) is simply asking "why wont you buy today" or "what is stopping you from buying today" You had a little help from the SO so you could've worked that angle and perhaps the temporary number line "lets set you up with a temporary number and if it works out to your advantage we can then port over your t-mobile numbers..." but really, those are the worst buyers.

Because most often those people just want your information and are going to go buy somewhere else.
ragequit

Apr 22, 2012, 7:39 PM
That was the last closing tactic I used, and it didn't work.

It's a great tactic, especially when I instruct them to carry both phones around and directly compare and contrast them. But still, I hate using that tactic becuase it invites far more returns than the traditional buyer's remorse period close.
0rionsVantage

Apr 22, 2012, 7:53 PM
Very true, but what in the world are you going to do? You miss every shot that you do not take....

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.