Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 41 replies

Cool story, bro.

ragequit

Mar 30, 2012, 12:08 PM
Mom and daughter walk into my store. They're looking for a replacement device for daughter until she's eligible to upgrade in August. She wants a slider with a touchscreen, and is eying the prepaids. I ask mom if any of the lines on her account are eligible for upgrade. None are.

I hear that all the time only to find out when I look up the account that there is at least one that is indeed eligible, so I nicely ask mom if she would mind me taking a look at her account to "analyze her rate plan and to ensure she's not overpaying for her service." She permits me to, and sure enough, zero upgrades available until August.

We begin to talk about the LG Neon for her daughter, seeing as it's the only slider phone we sell within her price ran...
(continues)
Jellz

Mar 30, 2012, 12:58 PM
๐Ÿคจ
ragequit

Mar 30, 2012, 1:47 PM
Is that a good thing?
Candall

Mar 30, 2012, 2:05 PM
It's way above novice and a good bump past apprentice and journeyman. I guess an expert would have sold an extra line and a master would have sold her the store franchise.
ragequit

Mar 30, 2012, 2:26 PM
Rats! I should have thought about selling this billion dollar business of which I have zero authority over! I suppose I am indeed just an artisan for now. ๐Ÿ˜›
Candall

Mar 30, 2012, 2:27 PM
a master would have found a way.
Jellz

Mar 31, 2012, 6:58 AM
It's something a friend came up with. Originally, it was "Hipster level: Artisan" because it's really a really obscure level to hit, denoting a master hipster.

But really, nice job. Most people would've given up at selling a GoPhone.
hobble

Mar 30, 2012, 2:12 PM
For a couple brightsides and a convoy 2 ๐Ÿ™‚
ragequit

Mar 30, 2012, 2:25 PM
๐Ÿ™‚

I'll text you when I get back from lunch.
hobble

Mar 30, 2012, 2:33 PM
Just call me.
The Phoenix

Mar 30, 2012, 4:48 PM
....discuss and or waive the $36 activation fee (would have been a bad idea to discuss if not waiving hey, why not just dump the issues off on poor soles in cs), and or attempt to woo the girl with 10X more data for only $10 more?
ragequit

Mar 30, 2012, 5:27 PM
I love using that phrase, but sadly, it didn't work with these folks. Daughter was 11 at most and didn't use the phone much. I even tried the fire and brimstone tactic of huge overages, but they assured me she didn't/wouldn't use much. I even told them that her usage would change as she became more comfortable with Android, seeing as the system encourages data use with app downloads, great browsing, etc. But alas, no go. I was happy to get the activation as it was.
The Phoenix

Mar 30, 2012, 5:30 PM
win some you lose some, this coupled with no accessory sales would be why you failed to hit the master level
ragequit

Mar 30, 2012, 5:32 PM
We don't sell accessories, oddly enough.
The Phoenix

Mar 30, 2012, 6:02 PM
ragequit said:

And smooth move not mentioning the upgrade fee ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Skully

Mar 31, 2012, 3:20 PM
The Phoenix said:
And smooth move not mentioning the upgrade fee ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

Activation fee, not upgrade. Maybe his indirect doesn't have one. Or maybe he glossed over it with his fine salesmanship
Skully

Mar 31, 2012, 3:19 PM
ragequit said:

๐Ÿคฃ
Jellz

Mar 31, 2012, 7:52 AM
Do you get extra commission for selling higher features?
Skully

Mar 31, 2012, 3:18 PM
ragequit said:
I was happy to get the activation as it was.

pfft
Skully

Mar 31, 2012, 3:16 PM
The Phoenix said:
and or attempt to woo the girl with 10X more data for only $10 more?

indirect they wont name.. who knows how much they make on a 10$ data package... or if her mib will work... or if she has a mib... I have no idea, theres a lot of components missing from this story... like did he sell a car charger too? maybe some screen protectors? I am completely bedazzled by this guy mastering add a line churn.
ragequit

Mar 31, 2012, 4:08 PM
Like I said, we don't sell accessories at my store. How I wish we did. The profit margin on accessories is huge and makes for a great little addition to my paycheck. Oh well, one can hope.
0rionsVantage

Apr 2, 2012, 3:05 PM
You seem to really be harping on how much money was made during the transaction. Why does it matter to you?
Skully

Apr 9, 2012, 3:54 PM
Cause this person is acting like they 'won'. So I'm inquisitive as to how much. That's generally how a conversation works. Are you a yes man?
Keith-IA

Mar 31, 2012, 11:05 AM
Way to go. It's called commission fraud, and false churn. If your actions get audited, it should be grounds for termination.
ragequit

Mar 31, 2012, 12:02 PM
I work as an indirect, not corporate. I've done this many times before and I've never gotten in a lick of trouble. ๐Ÿ˜‰

y u mad bro???
Skully

Mar 31, 2012, 3:10 PM
He's not mad you make less. Add a line for an indirect? Wow aren't you the man. We make more on upgrades than you just made. Feel free to correct me by stating your company of employment.
ragequit

Mar 31, 2012, 4:01 PM
Whoa let's make room for the internet tough guy here!
0rionsVantage

Apr 2, 2012, 3:02 PM
Way to bring up an relevant point. ๐Ÿ™„
famoussasjohn

Apr 1, 2012, 8:25 AM
Oh he mad jelly' bro.
ragequit

Apr 1, 2012, 10:46 AM
but y he mad tho???
Skully

Mar 31, 2012, 3:08 PM
ka ching add a line. You go bro that is artistry at it's finest. You are just rolling in wealth now lawlz.
ragequit

Mar 31, 2012, 4:08 PM
Thanks! ๐Ÿ˜
Skully

Mar 31, 2012, 3:12 PM
Is that you think you really swindled something worthy of a 4 page post on ps. It was excruciating trying to read all that. Get back to us when you do the same thing but with a 4 or 5 liner.
ragequit

Mar 31, 2012, 4:03 PM
Is that so? Do you not read books? Perhaps magazines? Even news articles? If you think that my post was tl;dr, I'm afraid you are starving yourself of a great wealth of knowledge.

โ˜น๏ธ
Skully

Apr 9, 2012, 4:44 PM
I'm reading a big about a guy who road with the hells angels back in the 60s. This hot girl I've been ****ing wanted me to read it. It's ok. I'm normally into non fiction though as I prefer Anthropology, Biology, or other science mediums. As far as 'wealth of knowledge' it's more like a trickle you got going there. Dripping faintly on a dull yellow stained sink aging for many decades. Most likely in the lower income section of town.
ragequit

Apr 9, 2012, 5:47 PM
Out of curiosity, how are you measuring my intelligence?

By the way, you meant "rode," not "road." ๐Ÿ˜‰
ragequit

Mar 31, 2012, 4:06 PM
What is the most money you've gotten a customer to spend on ETFs to switch carriers?

I once got a four line activation from a customer who had to pay $960 in ETFs from her old carrier.
soundwave

Apr 2, 2012, 12:26 PM
Mine is $800 for a 4 line, switching from TMO to ATT. He said he was going to fight it though. More power to him. He was rich anyways.
Skully

Apr 9, 2012, 5:09 PM
soundwave said:
He said he was going to fight it though..

Ha yeah one rich guy vs a multinational corporate conglomerate. Go one rich guy.
soundwave

Apr 9, 2012, 5:31 PM
Hey i dont care if he wants to. I was just pointing out that he would have an etf, he acknowledged, so it was game on for the sale.

He had coverage when he signed his agreement, then a few months later he no longer did. I dont know why, but his argument was that they were no longer able to provide service to him at that location per the agreement. My point about him being rich, was that even if he loses, it wouldnt be a big deal for him to pay the etf.
Hombre07

Apr 2, 2012, 8:29 AM
What kind of store are you in that has the LG Neon and Samsung Captivate??
ragequit

Apr 2, 2012, 11:20 AM
We don't carry the Captivate any more. Daughter just wanted it. My guess is she's been wanting it for a while because that phone is like a year and a half old.

*shrugs shoulders*

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.