Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Question for AT&T cor store reps.

The Phoenix

Mar 19, 2012, 12:11 PM
Considering looking into leaving call center for cor store, what would the base pay be? I understand it would be a highly commissioned postion, but the base pay still concerns me. I also understand it may be based on experience and may vary by location, so generally speaking would it be $10 or more? I have also heard that stores don't like call center employees for some reason or another. Can anyone who works in a store with a call center in the area confirm or deny this, if so also could you explain why? (If you can be more specific please do and or feel free to pm me)
Ohfrigginreally

Mar 19, 2012, 12:20 PM
I know your questions requests an answer from ATT employees ( which I am not) but I may have insight for you.

From what I have heard within earshot of several mangers,they dont like getting call center transfers because they consider it a hassle to have to "retrain" the individual from dealing with over the phone customers, to full frontal hands on customers. From what I recall hearing there was a rep who once was a bit traumatized having to deal with customers in the flesh.
Another reason is they have to get the okay from your last manager and human resource rep. If they don't agree and okay it, it can be a pain for them to get you recruited to a corporate store. Some call center supervisors/ managers are not willing to lose an empl...
(continues)
The Phoenix

Mar 19, 2012, 12:25 PM
I work at a vendor center, I wonder if that effects the human recourses release portion of the possible issues.
shirozato

Mar 19, 2012, 2:17 PM
I went from working for a Vendor call center (APAC) to working in a COR store. There is some apprehension in hiring call center employees because they tend to be more customer service based rather then sales based. However, overall the stores that are looking for new employees won't have to train you in on the various products/cost/return policies etc. so this can also be a good thing if you emphasize your feature sales/add a lines in your interview and resume.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.