Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Stores and Fees

HatesBlackberrys

Mar 12, 2012, 1:55 PM
To all stores on all companies (especially Sprint):

Pleave, for the love of all that is holy, stop telling customers to call customer care to get their upgrade and/or activation fees waved.

We cannot do it. You know we cannot do it.

You're straight out lying to the customer to get a sale when you tell them we can. This is fraud and you will get caught and lose your job.

Not only that, but it's making people angry, making our/your word mean absolutely nothing, and the world is just a worse place for it.

Activation fees and ugprade fees are normal, valid charges that every customer has to pay unless there are promotions running. If you, the store, promises the customer to not pay it, then you must adjust it at the store...
(continues)
famoussasjohn

Mar 12, 2012, 1:56 PM
AMEN!
olderthandirt

Mar 12, 2012, 3:05 PM
And another thank you for that.
cellphoneguy

Mar 12, 2012, 7:08 PM
I don't work for sprint but come on now man it goes both ways. Custy's come and saying custy care told them this or that and the info would be a down right lie.
Custy care lies all the time because they have the wrong info and or don't care because they are not face to face with the custy.
I personally have no problem with custy care unless i get the d-bag that doesnt do thier job because they are lazy or wants to argue with me over something i know is right and they are wrong.
Remember we are on the front lines and without us there would be NO job for you.
Massively

Mar 12, 2012, 8:37 PM
you know, sometimes when i think about it, one of the reasons why we have cust care is for a company to have a front-liner in problem solving. so be thankful for the problems the stores are creating.it keeps employment up.

seriously though,cellphoneguy is right. it goes both ways. and sometimes it's the cust who is lying. im telesales and sometimes there are days when all i have is nothing but complaints for the care reps who know nothing but to transfer once they hear the word, i want a phone.

there are bad apples in every department
HatesBlackberrys

Mar 13, 2012, 1:11 PM
That's just it though, care has procedures and policies to process. For example, when a store calls in requesting a change for a customer, we cannot do it, we must redirect them to call NSS.

In fact, the store shouldn't call care at all, and should only be calling NSS.
Most of the time a store is calling care is to try to get something done their either too lazy to do, or that they're trying to promise the cusotmer but cannot do it themselves, or something that can boost them to get a sale (like an early upgrade, which we cannot do).

And, thanks to websites and telesales (although I don't like Philipen telesales), we can do without you and still have a job. Store actually make our job HARDER save for local techs to work on phones.
Ohfrigginreally

Mar 13, 2012, 2:38 PM
Actually in this type of business one department cannot do without the other successfully for long.
Now before anybody gets all huffy let me explain.

I work in a store and every week we get customer care reps ( based in the good ole USA) who tell customers complete and utter crap. We have been on a phone call with a customer where customer care has told a customer " yea, just go to a store they can do it" mind you they know good and well we cant nor do we have the tools to do so.
I once had a customer who had only been with the company for about 6 months and pitched a fit in the store threatening to cancel and take their friends with them and cust care gave them a free phone upgrade and credited their account. On the flip side we h...
(continues)
Stryphor

Mar 13, 2012, 3:32 PM
It's actually gotten bad enough here that I tell them that if the upgrade/activation fee came from the store's system we cannot waive it in customer care and that only the store can do so.

We are never supposed to waive those fees unless the customer has an agreement on their account saying they can have it removed. If the store is going to say that we will remove it, that is a lie.
ahnhae

Mar 13, 2012, 4:17 PM
Amen to HatesBlackberrys (but not for his/her name cause I love BB's{just kiddin}🤣 )
yer right they should have promise custy's that care could do something about what **** they have done neither do us I mean yes I'm with telesales we do promise things but honestly I do what I did promise but still not everyone do what they mean.

and to Massively yes AMEN with you as well cause actually I've been receiving calls from cust.care and yea once they really heard that cust. calls for phone they immediately transfer the calls to us without knowing what they really wanted to do.(most of the time they just really wanted to file a claim they just first mention wants a new phone)

guys yes we understand that you have aht.but please do unde...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.