Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Call center games

TazDroid

Feb 1, 2012, 12:40 AM
Alright, alright I know that all call center reps have to deal with derp custs but what do you do to make the call a bit funnier in your book.We here play games on the call such as the meow game (supertroopers reference) or the word game think of a word and the agent near you must find away to trick the cust into saying it.

Do any of you have such games?
Stryphor

Feb 1, 2012, 12:49 AM
Yeah whenever I have to deliver bad news to the cust and reassure them that I can fix it, I deliver the bad news and then do an extended pause to let it fester before giving them the good news, lol. I call it the "troll the cust to make my day go faster" game.
TazDroid

Feb 1, 2012, 12:57 AM
I approve of this game I'll have to remember it
Stryphor

Feb 1, 2012, 7:56 AM
I especially love it when they take that pause as an opportunity to start yelling at me for five minutes, to which I sit quietly for them to take a breath and then I calmly and politely state that I can fix it in no time making sure to insinuate that it would have already been fixed had they not started yelling.

Sometimes if it is a real slow day I rush to fix it before they stop. I then start with the outcome of what I did skipping over the part where I tell them what I was going to do to fix it.
Thor713

Feb 1, 2012, 1:02 AM
Me and a Co-Worker will come up with a random word of the day (Hercules, Thors Hammer, Smang etc) and we have to fit it in to as many calls as possible and say it as many times as we can on the call.
Jellz

Feb 1, 2012, 11:53 AM
"This phone is the Hercules of phones" ? ๐Ÿคจ
Thor713

Feb 1, 2012, 4:44 PM
Exactly. More often than not the customers will laugh.
Jellz

Feb 1, 2012, 6:56 PM
"The insurance covers the phone even if Hercules smashes it with Thor's Hammer."
kissesssss

Feb 1, 2012, 8:36 PM
I like this game ๐Ÿ˜
Thor713

Feb 1, 2012, 8:38 PM
Lol yup give it a try. It's a good time.
wire5

Feb 1, 2012, 10:34 PM
I used to use Webster's word of the day; but I only ever played this by myself.
edgetrn

Feb 4, 2012, 2:52 PM
:forever alone:
Stryphor

Feb 1, 2012, 8:00 AM
I forgot one I call the "lotto game". When a customer calls in and you start verifying that the number that came through to your system (the one they put in with the automated system) is, in fact the number they are calling in about and they interrupt me I started spouting off random numbers for the remaining digits of their phone number. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜Ž
soundwave

Feb 1, 2012, 12:31 PM
at a previous job for radioshack we used to try to say, and get the customer to say, the phrase "just the tip"
It worked well because we had car chargers with interchangeable tips.

They also played the game from Waiting, involving the showing of the genitalia. A coworker rob actually stood in an aisle 4 feet behind an old lady i was ringing up and gave me the brain. He also gave me the brain when i was on a call with a customer.

Obviously we played guess the deposit as well.

We played even more stupid games as well.
Steve Jobes

Feb 1, 2012, 12:39 PM
How did you control yourself from laughing?
soundwave

Feb 1, 2012, 12:42 PM
Sometimes we didnt. We were young and immature. I was like 20 and rob was like 22. I have so many ridiculous stories from that place. Involving drinking, shotguns on the salesfloor, people getting their drivers licenses revoked after leaving work, one dude crapped his pants on the sales floor and refused to go home, fist fights, broken limbs. I miss how much fun we had.
Steve Jobes

Feb 1, 2012, 12:46 PM
Wow that sounds epic.
soundwave

Feb 1, 2012, 12:50 PM
Honestly the most fun i ever had at work. I should chronicle them all into a book.
truthinsuffering

Feb 1, 2012, 3:29 PM
I like the get the customer to smell the battery on their phone during troubleshooting. "Can you smell your battery tell me if it smells burnt?" or get them to spin it on a flat surface in circles. I tell them that if it spins easily then they need to replace the battery (Idea being there is a bubble in the battery)
soundwave

Feb 1, 2012, 3:39 PM
haha i love it. I may have to do smell the battery.
comander60

Feb 2, 2012, 8:25 AM
use a word the da does not know ie ameliorate. What i am doing will ameliorate this situation, (Fix)
Tygalilie13

Feb 2, 2012, 11:18 PM
End each question you ask them with a very high pitched and upward inflection "YA?!"

Example: You want the iPhone, YA?!?!?

Act like its the most normal thing in the world.

Really gets on their nerves after the 3rd one. Heck, it would grate on mine, if I weren't trying so hard not to laugh! lol!
Fredd

Feb 3, 2012, 10:46 AM
Oh, yer from Fargo, Ya?

๐Ÿคฃ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.