Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Longest call you've been on?

RageLevel-RISING

Jan 25, 2012, 10:10 AM
What's the longest call you've been on?

As far as I can remember, the longest call I've had was about 6 months ago and was about 50-55 minutes long.

5 minutes actually mattered and the rest was the lady talking about her war-hero husband who died 12 years ago and her son who's in the army or something... I dunno I had the mute button on and I was swearing at her the whole time to get off the phone so I wasn't really listening after the 25 minute mark...

This same lady spoke to 3 other reps on my team and the one rep she kept on the phone for over an hour!
Tomdg07

Jan 25, 2012, 10:44 AM
This was a while ago, when I took inbound tech calls, probably near a 2 hr long call... Some drunk guy who was homeless and a pastor was letting him stay in the back room at his church. Poor fellows Cellular Video wasn't working, he was on the phone so there was really no troubleshooting we could do, I just listened to his long, drawn out, ridiculous stories. I stretched that call out till the end of my shift 🤣
melrhodes

Jan 25, 2012, 11:04 AM
about an old lady who calls in to activate her boost phone. She accidentally reached sprint telesales. I convinced her to join us and found she had issues with setting up account years ago & I had to talk to 3 different departments to correct those errors, clear previous records and setup a new account for her. Good thing the woman is patient and nice.
dilligaff1

Jan 25, 2012, 12:11 PM
Two calls Back to Back, Total of 5 Hours 😳 . First call was 3 Hours, 2nd was 2 Hours!!! 😳 😳 😳
dilligaff1

Jan 25, 2012, 12:20 PM
Both of mine were the same issue. Each custy had 2 BB Pearls which couldnt send Picture Mail which as I was told by Tech Support (AT&T) and Blackberry that the Pearl (1ST One) didnt support PM. All four custys wanted to cancell. When I got done all four Pearls were sending PM's 😎 😎 😎
crybabycry

Jan 25, 2012, 1:22 PM
hour and 20 min or so setting up cellphones, tv, internet and homephone.. course ran into every issue that i had to call every other dep to pass it through
hobble

Jan 25, 2012, 6:12 PM
FIVE HOURS on the phone with atnt about a refurb a guest got that was already broken. Meh to you guys and your never straight answers. I ended up selling her a captivate or something.
techrepgirl

Jan 26, 2012, 8:31 AM
About two years ago there was a customer who would call in every friday to argue policy with me, I swear I think they were routing her to me, since I always got her. Anyway, every fri at 6 pm she would call, and we would have a two hour argument about policy. This went on for 6 months. I think she was just lonely and wanted someone to argue with, but it made me crazy to have the same 2 hour argument every frid for six months.
Arjuun

Jan 26, 2012, 9:18 AM
i had a 3 hour call once with a crazy lady about two years ago but since i went out of my way to help this customer the way they requested and went above and beyond for them as management said i got employee of the month for it other then that get a hour or so call about once a month over something stupid lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.