Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Me: Congratulations! You don't have a deposit! ...

melrhodes

Dec 2, 2011, 4:10 PM
Cust: Wow.I didn't expect that. How did that happen?
Me: Because you're declined of service! Now get outta here! 😈
Fredd

Dec 2, 2011, 4:28 PM
BAZINGA!
crybabycry

Dec 2, 2011, 4:59 PM
do they really deny people? we dont.. we just throw them a $750-800 deposit. only "denial" is past due account.
melrhodes

Dec 2, 2011, 5:10 PM
who the hell wants to pay $700 deposit for getting a "free" phone 🤣
crybabycry

Dec 2, 2011, 5:35 PM
crack dealers.
crybabycry

Dec 2, 2011, 5:39 PM
the ones from michigan that want 5 blackberry touches (torch) with unlimited talk and text and high data.. using a "greendot" card. with names like JuJu and Scooter on the account.
wire5

Dec 2, 2011, 8:23 PM
Whats a greendot card?
Jellz

Dec 2, 2011, 9:49 PM
but it sounds ghetto.
crybabycry

Dec 3, 2011, 9:12 AM
its a prepaid visa you get at drugstores like walgreens or gas stations like 7-11, they really cant be traced to name so are often used for fraud accounts.
soundwave

Dec 3, 2011, 4:44 PM
this made me laugh. I had this scenario happen to me, and i just told them our store couldnt take deposits, we could only do upgrades and new acts w/o deposit. Same scenario though. They ran their credit at an att store then came to me and wanted 5 torches even though they were only approved for 4 lines, wanted to pay the deposit in cash and pay for the phones with their "Mall of America" prepaid visa. When i told him i couldnt do that either, he used that card to buy our in store gift card, which i told him i couldnt take at the phone kiosk. He also asked earlier if i could leave the screen protector on the phones when i activated them, but theyre those ones that say "dont text and drive" so you cant even see the touchscreen.

Annywho, t...
(continues)
crybabycry

Dec 3, 2011, 5:03 PM
you work in detroit, alanta or houston?
Jellz

Dec 3, 2011, 5:14 PM
Make your mother sigh

O: just popped into my head. First episode of Firefly.
crybabycry

Dec 3, 2011, 5:30 PM
stick a finger in your eye
soundwave

Dec 3, 2011, 5:30 PM
no, i was outside of st paul, mn at the time
Fredd

Dec 5, 2011, 12:57 PM
With the MOA card, that should be obvious!
MOA was built on hallowed ground - I miss the Met stadium/Met Center! (Met Center press box was my favorite - great memories of US Hockey team in 1979!)
island4prez

Dec 6, 2011, 12:47 PM
You know that sounds familiar. There has been several stores in the northwest getting hit by people wanting to get 5 torches than sell them off to make some quick bucks and not pay their bill. It's great how people really need to try and scam people to make money. Cmon people we are not gullible senior citizens!
Hombre07

Dec 6, 2011, 9:41 AM
I've only ever seen it once in a little over 5 years, but it comes back with Credit not Approved - Undesierable. So no, we won't even give you service if you have $800 cash money to hand me.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.