Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Ever dropped a customers new phone?

jestcuzzgrl

Nov 11, 2011, 7:34 PM
I was doing a transfer and my hand slipped and hit the cord and the iphone fell. The phone is okay. On the other hand I had to start the transfer over because it disconnected the cord.

I can't imagine what would happen if I did break it. 😳

By the way.. I was opening some packages we got in and accidentally went a little hard on the box and cut one of the phones outside display.
temporary

Nov 12, 2011, 10:23 AM
Sounds like you're clumsy. So am I, but I haven't ever done any real damage to a customer's phone. I once stapled our demo Palm Pre out of boredom and to see the strength of the screen. It didn't hold up too well.
Jellz

Nov 12, 2011, 10:55 AM
We were activating my mom's HTC Inspire in the store back in February and the guy was like "it may look like I'm about to break it when I try to get the SIM cover off, but that's just how it's made."

He totally broke it, got another one out of the back, and begged us not to tell his manager XD
AfterScoop

Nov 12, 2011, 10:57 AM
🤣 🤣
hobble

Nov 12, 2011, 1:03 PM
As the owner of an inspire, what did he do to open the back?
Jellz

Nov 12, 2011, 1:59 PM
It was the small part on the bottom. You just have to pull it down and out. He did, but with too much force so it snapped. It's on there tight. It gives access to the SIM and microSD card (not battery). For the battery, have to run your fingernail along the edge with the volume toggle and try to edge it open. I had to do that once, it was hard as hell too.
hobble

Nov 12, 2011, 2:23 PM
I still sell alot of these phones. The battery bay is a pain in my stuff, but the bottom part where you slide it off isn't bad at all. I'm just curious as to how you would open the bottom and break it.
Jellz

Nov 12, 2011, 2:48 PM
I really don't remember. He pulled it out and it bent I think. The phone had just come out, I don't think he had much practice at it XD
AfterScoop

Nov 12, 2011, 10:58 AM
🤨 clutz

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.