Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Do customers

ilikefoodbye

Oct 13, 2011, 4:29 PM
really ask for cell phones for free as much as you gais say they do? Or just an over exaggeration
Tygalilie13

Oct 13, 2011, 4:36 PM
9 out of 10 ask for a free phone. I have some starting off wanting something like an EVO or Photon or something like that...but once they hear about any sort of price attached to it...immediately switches to... oh...that's not a free phone? I wanted a free one...
Thor713

Oct 14, 2011, 1:23 PM
Not an over exaggeration whatsoever unfortunately. Its quite annoying. "I want the free phone" What do ya'll have for free" "I wan oneuh dem free sail fons" so on and so forth. Even when there is a GREAT deal on a 4G smart phone they STILL WANT THE FREE CELL PHONE!
lbc1127

Oct 15, 2011, 7:38 AM
And then they call in and complain that their phone does not give them full web access or the camera sucks.
80dollarcarcharger

Oct 15, 2011, 8:37 AM
I can't stand when they ask for the free phone and then asks if it's a good phone... 👿
Admiral_Ackbar

Oct 15, 2011, 9:37 AM
Cust: "That there free phone, izzat a goo'fone?"

Me: "No it's not it's a piece of **** NOW GTFO!!!!" 👿

🤣
skoobertdoo

Oct 15, 2011, 12:53 PM
Yes and the worst part is I work for Metro PCS 👿 .... makes no sense.
60dollarcarcharger

Oct 15, 2011, 6:09 PM
why doesn't that make sense? Don't they market to people who don't want to pay as much for service... I would expect a carrier like that to deal with those types of problems more often
Jellz

Oct 15, 2011, 6:38 PM
You get free phones when you get a contract. The contract ensures you get at least two years of service (or a hefty termination fee), so you can afford to say "OK, here's a phone at a low price, we'll make the money back." For prepaid service, there's no guarantee that they'll use the phone more than a couple of days, if that, so they have to charge more for the phone.

A quick look at MetroPCS's website shows me prices starting at $29 for a simple bar phone, and it goes all the way up to $349. That's before mail-in rebates ($20 and $100 on those, respectively), but still it's no free phone.
foxiangel5

Oct 19, 2011, 3:25 PM
hahah ... "i here for my free phone" or "ive been with yous guys for 2 years so i deserve that one for free" ....it never ends....oh and mail in rebates dont count as free phones for some reason...$50 - $50 = $0 right?? 🙄
iljaaf21

Oct 24, 2011, 9:32 AM
I'd have to say about 95% of my customers start off with "I'm eligible for the free upgrade." It really pisses me off, because I have no idea where this free upgrade concept came from. They don't want to pay for the phone or pay the upgrade fee. And they all use the 'but I've been a good customer for X# years!'
If you were truely a good customer, you wouldn't complain about the price of that fancy iPhone you want... 😎
Arjuun

Oct 24, 2011, 3:04 PM
i get about 1 to 2 out of 10 and the reasons they give are horrible

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.