Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

STORE REPS

keshakho

Sep 21, 2011, 11:32 PM
Please stop telling customers that upgrade fee can be waived through CARE or I'll send them back to your store.
Jellz

Sep 22, 2011, 7:07 AM
I say that Care and the stores may be able to waive it, but I try to sell them on the value of upgrading online even if they could get the upgrade fee waived.
famoussasjohn

Sep 22, 2011, 10:13 AM
who do you work for..?
If it's sprint..activation fee's aren't waived anymore, they also jumped to $36 for upgrades 😳..past few weeks with Sprint, they just took a nose dive with all the new policy changes 🤣
Jellz

Sep 22, 2011, 10:51 AM
AT&T has a $36 activation fee, and $18 upgrade fee. They say the upgrade fee is to cover the administrative backcosts associated with upgrading, since they don't charge a specific 'administrative fee' on the monthly bill.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Sep 22, 2011, 9:01 PM
it actually pays for the brownies......the good brownies 👀

🤣
keshakho

Sep 22, 2011, 11:59 PM
i understand you have to make a sale but please stop telling them we CAN. im okay with we MAY. 😡
80dollarcarcharger

Sep 23, 2011, 12:29 PM
I've worked in wireless retail for the last 4 years and people still do that. Although all reps don't, I do understand your frustration because it happens way too often.
soundwave

Sep 22, 2011, 12:56 PM
But thats how i close half my sales.
jestcuzzgrl

Sep 22, 2011, 8:24 PM
At least you are dealing with customer on phone. Anyways we are trying to close the sale. If they are going to go to another carrier and we got them just by saying "We may be able to waive that upgrade fee". So be it. Don't get upset with us. Just waive the upgrade fee 🙂
keshakho

Sep 23, 2011, 12:37 AM
dealing with customer over the phone doesnt make ant difference. Sometimes its even harder. I can't let them see what I can see. 😁
melrhodes

Sep 23, 2011, 8:19 AM
not allowed to do that. we just send them back to the store.
dilligaff1

Sep 23, 2011, 12:16 PM
Fisrt, That fee is Policy. Second,if the POS says, for the sake of a sale waive the fee THEN YOU DO IT Because we will send them back to the POS!!!!! 😈
jestcuzzgrl

Sep 26, 2011, 7:14 PM
Okay okay. I can see no one will win in this argument. Policy and procedure. Yada yada. Some cc reps can and some reps can't. I know I'm right so we will leave it at that.
guitarhero73

Sep 29, 2011, 9:31 AM
If you're a Sprint store rep, no customer care rep has the power or authority to waive an activation fee. It is a standard valid charge. There is no specific section in CC that can remove it.

My advice to you is to deal with it then and there in the store and either ask your manager or call NSS to see if they can assist you with that? That is if NSS has the ability to?
Arjuun

Sep 23, 2011, 7:16 AM
just do the same thing every care rep with sprint does just send them back saying that the store didn't note the fee to be waived and that it can only be waived at point of purchase

dude they normally get mad and cool down in about 2-3 mins and then take the anger out of the store since its point of purchase lol
melrhodes

Sep 23, 2011, 8:21 AM
don't promise something that others will do for you.
Sisyphus

Sep 23, 2011, 9:57 AM
This is why i make damn sure to never call anybody in a call center.
Lord Azrael

Sep 23, 2011, 10:02 AM
Helps me not miss my old job.
soundwave

Sep 23, 2011, 2:58 PM
I dont get why this happens all the time. For us, the only way we would be able to waive is if we called our rep from that cell company, no one ive ever worked with has told the customer to call care.
Lord Azrael

Sep 26, 2011, 7:58 AM
I'm sure quite a few cases are of the customer bs-ing to see if they can get it removed.
Xaphan

Sep 28, 2011, 5:06 PM
a) constantly
b) people in teh store or care can waive or credit for retention purposes
c) the guy who made the original post failed to realize that indirects don't give two flying ****ing ****s about any of you and will say anything it takes to get their quick commission
keshakho

Sep 28, 2011, 6:50 PM
its not my job to credit valid charges just to save your sale. now,if its part of your job dscription then dont get mad if i send them back to POS coz i will.
Xaphan

Sep 29, 2011, 1:24 PM
keshakho said:
its not my job to credit valid charges just to save your sale. now,if its part of your job dscription then dont get mad if i send them back to POS coz i will.

It is your job to retain customers it's listed as one of the reasons for credit or allotment adjusments in all the companies systems.

I don't give a **** if someone from Indonesia or the Philippines sends someone back to a store. The worst is when I have to talk to you and I hear your kids running around the background and you trying to make sense of English.
Xaphan

Sep 28, 2011, 5:08 PM
has the ability to click disconnect. Real life is more difficult.
Xaphan

Sep 28, 2011, 5:11 PM
'customer care' includes the word 'care' its your job to care YOU LITERALLY GET PAYED TO CARE LOOOL
keshakho

Sep 28, 2011, 6:40 PM
sorry but saving your asses is not my job..
alpaca_camel

Sep 28, 2011, 6:50 PM
but messing up your job through a well-noted IRT is our job as well, especially broken promises from store reps.

😁
80dollarcarcharger

Sep 28, 2011, 5:14 PM
being recorded is a much bigger scare. Sure, a customer could be psycho and try to attack me but the probability is scarce. I've been in wireless for about 3 years and haven't been attacked once (unless you count verbally). I have hung up on customers, called them childish, and had shouting matches. But at the end of the day, when my manager asks me about it, I can choose to say I didn't do it and nobody knows.
alpaca_camel

Sep 28, 2011, 5:39 PM
it's good if you're not caught (being irate to the customer.)
melrhodes

Sep 29, 2011, 11:59 AM
hang up on a customer and start looking for a new job
Wild_Ace

Oct 5, 2011, 3:15 PM
We can? Since when?
SavageKitty

Sep 29, 2011, 4:55 PM
please stop telling customers that they can replace their brand new number with their old number and keep the new phone.
guitarhero73

Oct 4, 2011, 11:15 PM
Hey store reps for Sprint,

I'm kind of tired of having customers call in and ask why they have TEP or some other add on service on their bill and no idea how it got there, only to find out some rep in a store was shady and decided to boost their sales by adding it behind the customer's back, when all they did was stop in to pay a bill or ask a question. Adding to it, you try to leave the memo off from the access to hide it. In case you didn't know it, the account logs your ELID when you make the change.

Thanks for leaving the mess for customer care to clean up, and do damage control with an angry customer, demanding credit back and an apology because of your greedy ass!

It's called sales fraud, you useless tool and I'm more than hap...
(continues)
guitarhero73

Oct 4, 2011, 11:17 PM
So to put it bluntly, STOP DOING IT!!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.