Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

I hate returns

3gee

Sep 20, 2011, 6:45 PM
Just had a lady return a new line that I sold her yesterday because she went to another store to buy an accessory that we didn't have and found a better deal.

So lets hear it retail reps...
What has been your most infuriating/ridiculous return
sweetcherrygurl

Sep 21, 2011, 12:14 PM
I had a lady come back last week, four days after I sold her a three new line family share...

Apparently her husband is a control freak and "isn't okay with any ideas that don't come from him"?

So with the restocking fees and the activation fees not being waived after the first THREE days, it cost this family $210 because he "didn't like the idea".

Not to mention how much it cost me in commission.

Grr.
iljaaf21

Sep 21, 2011, 1:59 PM
Our store had this guy who would upgrade a line on his phone, decide he didn't like it, and then exchange for a different model within 2 weeks. He didn't like that one, so he came back returned it and reversed the upgrade.
Next week, came in, did the upgrade again, for a third one, didn't like it, and exchanged for another model.
He wound up reversing that upgrade too.
About a month later, he came in and repeated the process.
He did it so many times that I think we had about 7 phones that we couldn't sell because he returned them.

He did the same thing with accessories between the the phone returns. We eventually told him that he was no longer allowed to return anything that he purchased from our store.

It was just soooooooo frustr...
(continues)
Sisyphus

Sep 22, 2011, 1:32 PM
this is why the restocking fee was invented. That trick would've cost that dude $245 at my store
tara.k

Sep 23, 2011, 5:44 PM
Or have someone buy a phone, then return it the next day because they don't have money for it.
Really? 😳 Most people figure their bills before they make a costly decision.
olderthandirt

Sep 25, 2011, 8:32 PM
In what workd do you live. If most people figure their bills before they make a costly decision then explain our current world.

😁 😁 😁
fleurdemiel

Sep 25, 2011, 8:00 PM
That is infuriating as HELLO OPERATOR. 😡

If I were a customer in that store, I don't know who I would have shanked first. The wife or the husband.
jestcuzzgrl

Sep 21, 2011, 8:09 PM
I just had my first return and it was a blackberry case. I had already put the screen protector on it so when he brought it the next day.. I don't know I'm still a newbie

That is just stupid though. A case? Seriously
Jellz

Sep 22, 2011, 7:10 AM
I don't handle returns 😁

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.