Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 23 replies

Authorized Retailers

me12

Aug 21, 2011, 3:49 PM
I've spoke with a couple of you today... and you renewed my dislike for all of you.

You all need to learn how to read a bill and know what a data plan is for.
Also being able to explain something to the customer correctly would be a huge asset.

If you cannot do these 3 simple things, please go crawl under a rock and stay there

Kthankyoubye. 🙂
Jellz

Aug 21, 2011, 4:09 PM
Some people should take a little pride in their job 🙄
me12

Aug 21, 2011, 5:36 PM
Agreed!
Xaphan

Aug 21, 2011, 4:39 PM
me12 said:
I've spoke with a couple of you today

Blah blah blah maybe you should go to a direct retail store and talk to someone who gets payed for something that you have to keep for half a year instead of someone who gets payed on you keeping it for 30 days. Habeeb will say whatever it takes, bro. But you're business savvy..
me12

Aug 21, 2011, 5:34 PM
Personally I'd never go into a Authorized Retailer because I actually working in Customer Service over the phone, so maybe if you weren't such a n00b you'd know this.

Just sayin'.

Again, kthankyoubye.
cingcing

Aug 22, 2011, 12:14 PM
Cute.

I don't know what company you work for, and I don't care. I've worked for 3 carriers in corporate, but now I run an indirect store for my second carrier. They're basically all the same.

When they ask, I always tell my customers the reason they get different answers every time the call CS is that you guys aren't trained very well and that it's not your fault. But the truth is the amount of misinformation you guys hand out is staggering. We constantly have to remind CS of your own policies while looking out for the best interests of your customers.

Also, please call ahead and ask if dealers have the capabilities you tell your customers we do before you send them to the store.

There's bad apples in indirect and corporate. Tr...
(continues)
PhonemanJ

Aug 22, 2011, 12:44 PM
Amen. I have worked in both COR and independent retailers and you find smart and stupid people on both sides and at care. Many times I have called care to get something taken care of and the agent either gets upset that I ask them to do something out of the ordinary or doesn't have the foggiest idea what I am talking about. Then I call back and get someone who can get my customer taken care of easily with the same situation.

I have been in this business almost 30 years. When I was new, I made my fair share of mistakes, but I learned. You cannot lump all independent retailers in one file and file them under "Stupid". If that were the case, there were many times that I would have to say the same about care agents and we would both be wrong....
(continues)
jestcuzzgrl

Aug 22, 2011, 3:17 PM
🙂
me12

Aug 24, 2011, 3:14 PM
Okay, I would like to say that this day was particularly bad, by the end of the day I had had one to many stupid reps from Authorized Retailers... I know better then to dump everyone into the same bucket. There are good in these stores and maybe in the past I have spoken to them but thought they were COR because they weren't retarded.

I would like to apologize, I'm not a ignorant person and I understand I did portray myself as one.
PhonemanJ

Aug 26, 2011, 2:02 PM
Apology accepted 😁
sprintchickwv

Aug 23, 2011, 1:20 PM
I used to work for Sprint (hence the username), but I now work at DirecTV in a customer care center and have the dubious pleasure of partnering with ATT so our customers can have a phone/internet/satellite bundle. ATT corp agents are usually sweet, even if they don't know what they're doing, but auth retailers are terrible. I actually had one refuse to let DTV sales place a customer's order because she would lose the sales credit. When I pointed out the customer would probably like to get service regardless of whether or not she got commission, she hung up on me.
me12

Aug 24, 2011, 4:11 PM
This is my point. There are some that know how to do there job no matter what store they are in. However it seems to be the dumb ones that call and are greedy aholes, I had some guy escalate on my user ID because I refused to slam a sale for him...

And currently on the phone with a Sam's Club person who didn't know that you could remove the SIM from an iPhone and instead of taking this seriously, because our customers phone isn't working, he is just laughing like this is a joke. Urgh...

I would like to say thank you to you Auth Retailers who know what you are doing!!! I appreciate you.
soundwave

Aug 23, 2011, 1:51 PM
I feel like this thread has showed up in here 100 times already. Its funny cause i have the same job as a corporate sales associate, yet because their paychecks come directly from said company, they instantly have a higher iq than i do, 🙄 even with my 5 years experience in selling phones as an indirect. I could go on and on, but you're no better than i am, (in fact its probably the other way around.) See how far your judgemental ways take you, you arrogant prick.
me12

Aug 24, 2011, 4:12 PM
me12 said:
Okay, I would like to say that this day was particularly bad, by the end of the day I had had one to many stupid reps from Authorized Retailers... I know better then to dump everyone into the same bucket. There are good in these stores and maybe in the past I have spoken to them but thought they were COR because they weren't retarded.

I would like to apologize, I'm not a ignorant person and I understand I did portray myself as one.
Mossberg

Aug 23, 2011, 2:43 PM
I'm sorry you are having a bad day. I think this post is the first negative thing I have seen you post.

Cheer up kid.
me12

Aug 24, 2011, 3:10 PM
Thanks Mossy, it was a bad day... I kept getting the dumb store rep's all day, I try and treat them respect but when they speak over me, yell and act like retards its hard. 🙄
Sisyphus

Aug 25, 2011, 12:42 PM
I have the same problem, but in reverse.
Hombre07

Aug 23, 2011, 4:31 PM
Agreed, many authorized retailers don't do their jobs.

But I feel the same anger when you send customers to my store for a warranty swap, insurance claim, or to return a phone bought online. Many of you (not referring to you personally, but ccare in general) assume every store just happens to be COR. In reality, there are only 3 COR stores within a 2 hour drive of here. And more than 40 authorized reatilers.
Jellz

Aug 23, 2011, 4:33 PM
See, what I say is the stores MAY be able to help, and that not all stores are the same.
Hombre07

Aug 23, 2011, 4:35 PM
I love when they call and ask first. If it's something I usually wouldn't do but can do I'm ten times as likely to help.

Like free SIM card, boss says charge even though we can do free. If you call and ask me, I'll probably go free. If you just give them the entitlement that they come in here like they are god and demand one I charge them and call ccare for a bill credit.
Jellz

Aug 23, 2011, 4:38 PM
Well see, I generally suggest they call ahead, but I'm not allowed to call out :\ So I'm like "here's the link to find stores and phone numbers near you, you can call and see what they can do for you." I also went into a store once to ask a few questions, such as how they handle early upgrades etc. to see if I could have a better idea of what they can/can't do.
Hombre07

Aug 23, 2011, 4:40 PM
Makes sense.

I went to a RadioShack once with death threats if they sent one more customer down to me with a cash bill payment.
Jellz

Aug 23, 2011, 4:43 PM
LOL. Nice one! 😁

So you only take checks, credit cards, or what..?
Hombre07

Aug 23, 2011, 4:52 PM
Well, we were a single store and didn't take any bill payments unless we called ccare for them. We could take anything for a purchase.

We were purchased this Spring and now take payments but before we would politely call RS to inform them (I'd say 2-3 times a week) that we didn't take cash payments and all they were doing were irritating the customer. They would send them to us rather than break the bad news that nobody in town took cash.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.