Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

I hate babies.

Santi

Jun 30, 2011, 2:07 PM
As I am all alone in my store with one woman and her baby, whom she is letting crawl around and bang stuff all over, I find myself wishing the phones will somehow fall off their discs and drop right on the baby's head. I am annoyed that it keeps crawling around peeking around the corner just to look at me. I DO NOT LIKE YOU! DON'T LOOK AT ME, BABY! She is too busy looking at phones to even pay attention to the baby who is pulling chargers out of the wall, and heading to the paper shredder. I just wish ill upon this child... 😈
soundwave

Jun 30, 2011, 2:35 PM
i dont hate them, i hate their parents who let them do whatever they want with no consequences. The child doesnt know any better, the parent does.
pickles

Jul 1, 2011, 10:13 PM
+1 don't hate the player hate the game
temporary

Jun 30, 2011, 2:53 PM
You sound like a girlfriend I had in middle school.
MotoConcepts89

Jun 30, 2011, 3:24 PM
*like*
Jellz

Jun 30, 2011, 11:32 PM
I think most girlfriends in middle school hated babies. Y'know, since they could start having them then.
temporary

Jul 1, 2011, 3:14 PM
I knew a chick who was on a mission to have a baby in the 7th grade. I moved away before she ever got pregnant, but what a terrible judgment call.
Researcher

Jul 1, 2011, 7:06 PM
I like making them!! 🤤
21Byteman

Jul 2, 2011, 3:12 AM
😳 Was shopping today for a new phone. I went to a Sprint store in Oregon, on TV Hwy. I walked in and thought I just entered by mistake a “Daycare”. Three boys were swinging, pulling, playing on every phone in the place. I waited about 10 mins just to just to find out that the 3D phone I wanted to look at was just broken by one of the wild kids. Do I blame the children? NO… Both parents were there. I didn’t hear the parents say one word to the children. Bad parenting for sure. Sad thing is the store manager was watching it all and didn’t do or say a thing. 😕
IrishCarBomb

Jul 2, 2011, 8:46 AM
Tough situation to be in for that manager. On the one hand, don't want to offend the parents, on the other hand you need to step in if the kids get bad enough.

I always drew the line at messing with stuff they shouldn't. If they started too, I would walk over and stop them, and say to the parents "hopefully thats the phone you want..." strongly hinting if they break it, YOU buy it.
olderthandirt

Jul 2, 2011, 4:28 PM
Those are the same sort of parents that expect the schools to raise their children. What do you mean you are expelling my child for lighting one of the other kids hair on fire. Should of had a better haircut.
iljaaf21

Jul 21, 2011, 11:33 AM
Very tough situation. Typically, in my store, we just let the parents do the parenting thing, but I'll usually let them know that if little Johnny or Susie does break anything, they WILL be charged full retail price on it.

We have a rule in our store too. If you absolutely hate the customer (or their children), since you obviously can't tell them that, you just say to yourself over and over in your head "I hate you, I hate you, I hate you. I hope you die in a fire. etc." We have found that it makes our days go quicker, and it makes me giggle a bit. 😁 😈

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.