Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

The New Happier Face of ACS

olderthandirt

Jun 22, 2011, 5:29 PM
Dear Valued Employee☹️?)
I want to share some critical information in regards to Sprint. In April, Sprint decided to renegotiate its
current contract with all its partners including ACS. Sprints overall objective is to reduce its costs, so as a
leader in meeting our client needs will provide a discount. For the past 2 months, we have been
working with Sprint on a new contract, which will go into effect July 1, 2011. (We are all about to be excited that we at least are protected by min wage.)
We are excited about the opportunities this brings – such as an extension to the length of the existing
contract. ASC gets paid but employees are going to be run over. Of course, (and here it comes) as in any business dealing, you have to give...
(continues)
Forehead Mustache Guy

Jun 22, 2011, 5:41 PM
I think it's rather unwise to release this kind of information on a website that your company is almost certainly monitoring. Anonymity is great, but corporations have mad skillz.

Just sayin'
olderthandirt

Jun 22, 2011, 6:05 PM
All is cool. It is what it is and not using their site.

Some of the stuff was real good to get clarified. Playing with it another. When rules are defined we can complain but we know where we stand. That is better than murking around in the dark

The work force is changing and knowing that it will be harsh for many is sad but true. To be competitive they have to be mobile anymore but there is a steep price and it will bite them in the end.

If your customers have to barely get by then they can not and will not buy the products. so the market shrinks. Then more labor costs are cut and so it goes.

Hate that our youth face challanges that are beyond their understanding. Their lives are going to be in flux for many years to come...
(continues)
serendair

Jun 22, 2011, 6:37 PM
We call it the GoS metric.

Majority are in the red; I was in the green for a good while, and it tanked.
thahammer

Jun 24, 2011, 8:26 AM
? 🤨
serendair

Jun 28, 2011, 4:03 PM
"Give 'o-" you can fill in the ess from there.
smazi

Jun 23, 2011, 8:00 AM
The supplemental pay change is the only meaningful one for those who make minimum wage due to metrics and ABC. I used to think the problem was that ACS is run by a bunch of bully chimpanzees, but I have come to realize that the main offender (at least regarding ACS Portland) is Sprint and that the chimp-poo just rolls downhill from there.
HatesBlackberrys

Jun 25, 2011, 12:12 AM
"only meaningful one for those who make minimum wage due to metrics and ABC"

Wouldn't that be most people? Just as in our facility, with all the stats they've added since January, as well as the huge spike in sales goals (ya, to those from other companies, customer service has to essentially do the job of a store rep or telesales as well...), then a very large percentage of your facility would be at minimum wage as well.

The only difference is that for the Portland facility you guys used to make $2 more in supp pay than us and now you're only making $1 more per hr in supp pay.

Their expectations are way to high, their care for their employees is way to low (this is not just Sprint, it's ACS too). And, trying to speak up abou...
(continues)
IrishCarBomb

Jun 25, 2011, 9:13 AM
As long as ACS keeps getting the Spring contracts, they will keep treating you as such. If you want real change, then you need to get Sprint to recognize that doing business with ACS in the manner they have been is bad for Sprint's bottom line, especially in the long term.

Given how many of you guys seem to exist, you could start a letter writing campaign in which you draft a well written and spoken letter that you would each, in turn, send to Sprint individually. If they get several thousand of the same letter, on a weekly basis, they will eventually take notice and change will be more likely than simply complaining to ACS management.
dilligaff1

Jun 26, 2011, 11:53 AM
Its my understanding per ACS Mgmnt its a Sprint wide thing for ABC!!! 👿
IrishCarBomb

Jun 26, 2011, 12:21 PM
Then even more so, Sprint is who you guys should be complaining too.

But from the sounds of it, ACS has lots of issues beyond ABC, such as base pay, etc.
dilligaff1

Jun 26, 2011, 12:26 PM
Yup!!! Always Changing $h!t 👿
moeincb

Jun 29, 2011, 12:45 PM
agents are expected to work 92% of their scheduled shift. OK I can take a long lunch or three or early out. as long as I am under 8% absentism its all good. right?
Required

Jun 29, 2011, 2:49 PM
Seriously. Take it to your local news and keep yourself anon. Press should love this kind of thing.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.