Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 57 replies

Types of call center employees

Demfreesailfons

May 20, 2011, 6:24 PM
Since the thread about customers and the variety of same was/is so popular, how about your favorite type of call center employee.

Mine would be those who are so obese they are actually disfigured and no longer resemble what could be recognized as human species.

This are not just the fat, these folks are bordering on being an A&E special about bed ridden people. We have four at our call center. Two are a married couple both under 6 feet and combined weight has easily got to be over 900 lbs. both can BARELY WALK, (if wobbling r e a l s l o w l y can be considered walking) they have small fans at their desks because sitting upright and speaking takes so much energy! The other two are single individuals.

One is a chick that is literally...
(continues)
Required

May 20, 2011, 8:03 PM
The ones that complain about stupid stuff. Yes, our jobs kind of suck, and there is alot to complain about, but I mean retarded stuff like:

-the desktop background of all the computer

-not having the U.S. and state flags outside our building

-not having that oh so perfect chair that is exactly like the rest of them.

-in addition to above, getting mad that your regular seat is taken. Yes, I know, we were promised we'd get our own seats in this new building, but because of the retarded arrangement we have, we didn't. If there are no other seats left, it's up for grabs. It's been like that for half a year now, move on.

-Complaining about the projector on sports channels. I mean, I'm not a sports fan myself, but don't ruin it for ...
(continues)
Pimptopian

May 21, 2011, 1:28 PM
hey at least you get a projector with sports on it. we have one tv in the break room with a broken up and down button and bunch of idiots that complain if its anything but judge joe brown or csi. I work with idiots who steal food out of the fridge and it takes multiple occurrences for them to check the tapes. a place were we are not even allowed to have reading material for in between calls because its something we can write on but yet they fill our cube walls with bs papers about stupid junk like our worthless stats that only negatively affect us. if we get caught with our cell phones we are fired on the spot and we have little snitches that will tell if they see us because they have a sign posted saying there is a reward but no one has be...
(continues)
rainbow_metals

May 23, 2011, 1:20 PM
So our center deals with all of this but we dont have a tv in our breakroom at all and above that the average pay per hour is about 10.00/hour so there really isn't any persuasion to stay here except for the poor job market.
pickles

May 20, 2011, 10:53 PM
To tell you how incredibly funny your screen name is ๐Ÿ˜

i wanna get mah free fonez!!!!!!111
didnt know

May 21, 2011, 1:05 PM
Are those the Obama fones? ๐Ÿคฃ
didnt know

May 21, 2011, 1:31 PM
I have a co-worker sit right behind me.. She so f'n ANNOYING. damn! She speaks too loud.. she doesn't speak, she shouts! She really bothers me! Also she is a damn meddler! Sometimes I'm speaking with some else and she start asking question about the conversation. or answers anything we ask each other.. I hate her! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
olderthandirt

May 21, 2011, 6:38 PM
Well, let's face it. From what I see in the call center there is no way to point and chuckle. Most are one step away from being on the TV news as playing leap frog at a nearby bridge.

This is not one of those career building entry level jobs. At least if you are working at a phone center. For many it is the one place they can work to be able to support themselves. They may not have skills to do more or suffer handicaps that make other jobs impossible.

For me it shows a lack of character to defame workers or callers. Shows how shallow you can be.
comander60

Jun 17, 2011, 7:34 AM
๐Ÿคฃ get over your self olderthandirt!!!
fleurdemiel

May 22, 2011, 6:23 PM
The resonator. The chickadee who means well and doesn't mean to be loud, but her natural voice has so much resonance, that God help you should you sit next to her while speaking to someone you either can't hear very well or have a hard time understanding.. because all you're going to hear is her life story....
SavageKitty

May 23, 2011, 11:06 AM
the unwashed. the woman or man who looks like they never wash their hair and come to work in wrinkled or holey clothes. I know our customers don't see you but I have to see/smell you.
Admiral_Ackbar

May 23, 2011, 11:57 AM
The ghetto wannabe.

The white guy who comes to work unshaven in his white or black hoodie, with a stupid hat on, with his pants on the ground- pants 3 sizes too big for his behind, walkin' sideways talks out the side of his mouth and spits frequently while he talks. ๐Ÿ™„
melrhodes

May 23, 2011, 1:38 PM
Argues with the customer(even shounts on the phone) and annoys even MY customers.
Iove2transfercustomers

May 23, 2011, 3:59 PM
looks like you have issues with big-boned people ๐Ÿคจ

one of my favorites is the hottie. you know, the guy/girl you fantasize/dream about doing naughty things with ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿคญ
xZuchinix

May 23, 2011, 5:02 PM
Yes. I know them. They all seem to quit shortly after I notice them. ๐Ÿ˜ข
skoobertdoo

Jun 25, 2011, 2:09 PM
lol awww. how do u notice them though? ๐Ÿคจ
captnkrunch

Jun 16, 2011, 7:31 AM
my fav? I take escalations ( no not a manager per say ) but I take escalations / answer agent questions in place of the regular manager. I come across a lot of idiots. The broad group of people I hate are the retards I got working for me. "Ok So We need to X,Y and then finally Z" Ok, But I already did X and Y so what do I do now?
mfw.
๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜ก ๐Ÿ˜ณ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
Tmob2020

Jun 16, 2011, 4:58 PM
Wow Demsfreesailfons you are amazing. You get on here and make fun of people you work with. I know the people you are talking about, and although I do not know you I am sure that they are all much better people than you are. I can tell just by your username that you are a real jerk, actually if I ever did find out who you are it likely wouldn't shock me too much. Chances are you aren't even here anymore. Here today gone tomorrow, like so many idiots before you.
didnt know

Jun 16, 2011, 5:08 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ

You're busted!!!!

Well, almost.
OrionsVantage

Jun 18, 2011, 10:09 AM
so says teh 2 day old member.
Tmob2020

Jun 19, 2011, 11:28 AM
True, two days this time. Forgot my password and the email I used was a deactivated corp email, oh well starting over. Member for two days, in the industry at the same job for over 6 years. When you work in this environment for that amount of time you see hundreds if not thousands walk in and quickly back out through the revolving call center door.
Iove2transfercustomers

Jun 20, 2011, 12:32 PM
(instigating voice) ooooooooooo!
temporary

Jun 21, 2011, 11:12 AM
Shut up. Demfreesailfons is awesome in my book.
fleurdemiel

Jul 3, 2011, 6:57 PM
๐Ÿ˜•

Hooray for the newb asserting themself! I tend to agree with you, but bear in mind, a lot of us don't *choose* to be in the life positions we put ourselves in, such as working in a place with a zoo of personalities.. thank the economy.

And go eat a cookie or something, sheesh.
hobble

Jun 16, 2011, 5:14 PM
I hate you all.
Researcher

Jun 18, 2011, 12:33 PM
Over the past year we seem to have dropped standards of the new people we hire.

For example:

They have no work ethic. They take breaks and lunch whenever they want. They go into a not ready status and creep over to talk to their friends. They show up when ever and leave when ever. If they get in trouble they *itch and moan. Call their parents or call a lawyer. They call their friends on the company phone or their own cell. Now the standards of the call center have dropped. But instead of getting rid of the new ones that are the problem, they are firing the good experienced staff. Claiming they must set a good example for the new. WTF??!!

Sorry. End of rant!
Lord Azrael

Jun 18, 2011, 5:13 PM
Who's getting paid more?
Researcher

Jun 18, 2011, 5:50 PM
HA, here we "older" agents by about a buck and a half per hour.
Lord Azrael

Jun 18, 2011, 6:13 PM
The cynical part of me seems to have solved that mystery...
Researcher

Jun 18, 2011, 8:47 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ really ๐Ÿ˜Ž
olderthandirt

Jun 19, 2011, 4:56 PM
How about those of us who are burned out from all the changing stats and lack of pay. Tired of fixing the under 6 minute wonders who forget to actually change the plans, add the socs, etc. Just looking for a way out short of a bullet or a nearby bridge.
HatesBlackberrys

Jun 20, 2011, 11:01 AM
That's many of us. Those of us working for a certain company who has "increased overall customer satisfaction" and "Customer services", winning a few JD Power Associates awards for 2010 and being the only company to not nosedive in customer happiness for that year.

Yet, the company decides to add more counter-active stats to monitor, leave employees at minimum wage, and show no appreciation for those who put up with BS on a daily bases to get them where they are now.

It's a big 'middle finger', that much is sure.

Besides looking for other work, which many (including myself) have/are, there's still this:
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
olderthandirt

Jun 21, 2011, 11:34 PM
Personally I like the idea of graham crackers, hershey chocolate, and marshmellows as the best answer.
temporary

Jun 21, 2011, 11:21 AM
This made me lol so hard. Man (woman??), you are good. I'd like to see another post from you. I've laughed easily five times now at this post.

Thanks for cheering up my day.
temporary

Jun 21, 2011, 11:38 AM
Dude, I'm laughing too much at work. I'm going to get in trouble!
QueenDread

Jun 21, 2011, 12:51 PM
The nerdy guys and girls who all sit in the same section, painting Warhammer figurines, and talking about last nights battle of D&D.

The are often found reading sci-fi novels at lunch, and proudly sporting hair that appears to not have been washed in weeks.

(BTW- these are my favorite types of call center employees)

๐Ÿ˜Ž
Drea_LX

Jun 21, 2011, 1:31 PM
Its that girl that as soon as she walks in the building everyone groans.
Always finds something to complain about, whines when she actually has to do her job. and wears clothes that are very clearly out of dress code but she's besties with the attendance Nazi so no one says ish to her...

also known as the tranny ๐Ÿ™‚
MotoConcepts89

Jun 21, 2011, 1:49 PM
i have a strong feeling i know who your refering to
and it is the same call center employee

i politely refer to her as the drag queen
Drea_LX

Jun 21, 2011, 1:53 PM
Indeed same person ๐Ÿ™‚
MotoConcepts89

Jun 21, 2011, 1:58 PM
nice ๐Ÿ™‚
QueenDread

Jun 21, 2011, 2:45 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
MotoConcepts89

Jun 21, 2011, 2:51 PM
you like that? lol
thought of it all on my own ๐Ÿคฃ
Iove2transfercustomers

Jun 21, 2011, 3:32 PM
the women and men who come to work everyday dressed business causual, or in the latest brand name clothes. they never wear the same pair of shoes/heels twice.
QueenDread

Jun 21, 2011, 4:21 PM
The people who come to work wearing what seems to be the SAME pair of pants/shirt/shoes EVERY day. They can also be found sporting greasy hair and/or a foul stench.
MotoConcepts89

Jun 21, 2011, 4:22 PM
please dont label me or my people as such
i find it very degrading ๐Ÿ˜ข lol
thahammer

Jun 24, 2011, 9:38 AM
Maybe if you weren't so foul and uncouth you wouldn't be "labeled" that way.

You disgust me.
Iove2transfercustomers

Jun 24, 2011, 11:19 AM
damn, harsh ๐Ÿคฃ
Iove2transfercustomers

Jun 21, 2011, 6:38 PM
the one who is always asking coworkers out, and doesn't mind openly flirting.
kittie

Jun 21, 2011, 8:37 PM
Oh yeah, this is so common!
pickles

Jun 21, 2011, 8:43 PM
you sound like you know from experience
Iove2transfercustomers

Jun 21, 2011, 8:50 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
kittie

Jun 21, 2011, 9:21 PM
What's that supposed to mean?! ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿคจ
pickles

Jun 21, 2011, 9:35 PM
i dunno but i wish i worked in the same center as you so we could flirt with eachother! jk
kittie

Jun 21, 2011, 10:54 PM
That may not work! I'm very awkward at flirting! ๐Ÿคฃ
pickles

Jun 21, 2011, 11:17 PM
lol, *sigh* me too ๐Ÿคญ
xZuchinix

Jun 22, 2011, 5:18 PM
HR are very close because of this
Lord Azrael

Jun 26, 2011, 9:24 AM
I'm sure you even have your own chair and coffee mug in the HR office...
Researcher

Jun 29, 2011, 3:16 PM
We just had to make a new policy about this. ๐Ÿ™„ There have been at least 2 females that while on a call spray on a ton of perfume. It gags every on in the center!

Why not just take a bath in it?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.