Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 5 replies

FMLA vs. FML

Admiral_Ackbar

Jun 7, 2011, 3:20 PM
Got a written notice because I've had 7 Unscheduled Absences so far this year.
Between getting sick with the flu, car troubles, and dealing with my 74 year old mom, yeah it's been rough.

What's not fair is how someone who is on FMLA can work whenever they want, they could work 1 day a week out of 5, or not show up for a straight 2 weeks, or get up a couple hours into the day and just go home, and claim it on their "illness", like someone else I work with, and NOTHING gets said to them about it!
They just get patted on the back and get told to "come back whenever".

*Sigh* ... FML. 🤨
xZuchinix

Jun 7, 2011, 7:59 PM
What is FMLA? I need to get on this.
guitarhero73

Jun 8, 2011, 1:18 PM
Family Medical Leave Act. A law on the books if an employee needs to leave work for awhile to deal their's or a family members illness.

You can get it for even minor things like if the job is completely stressing you out. They don't usually pay out for that sort of thing though while you're gone. They will though for major issues.
xZuchinix

Jun 8, 2011, 1:28 PM
Hmmm... I need to find out how to use this to exploit the system. I'm cool with a day of no pay, I have stuff to go do.
soundwave

Jun 8, 2011, 11:45 AM
I know what you mean, when i was in banking i had a friend at another branch who lost his job for being late twice, yet whenever someone who had a kid was late, they just said they had an issue with the daycare provider or traffic was bad on the way to daycare and they were just told, "oh it ok, no big deal." There are definitely double standards in the workplace, especially in regards to attendance. It seems like they enforce policies they dont have to with some people, and dont with others.
xZuchinix

Jun 8, 2011, 1:30 PM
OMG! Yes I know exactly what you're saying. I got wrote up for not going to work one day because my car broke down 45 mins away from work, someone else didn't show up but they had kids that were sick and it was like no big deal.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.