Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

The worst thing THEY can say/do

xZuchinix

May 23, 2011, 6:48 PM
Whats the one thing that a customer can say/do that automatically makes you pray terrible things happen to them? Everybody has to have something like this.

Mine is when people ask me to speak up or repeat myself
-or-
When I ask for the phone number and they sigh like I'm asking them to do something so difficult and tedious.
medic6037

May 23, 2011, 7:32 PM
A couple things:
1. Asking to speak up
2. Saying "I already dialed the number in the system." Since it doesn't automatically come up in the system
3. Ones that say I'm not yelling at you, I'm yelling at AT&T.
xZuchinix

May 23, 2011, 8:37 PM
When I get someone who does all that, I want to field goal kick a baby. It's quite sad.
Iove2transfercustomers

May 23, 2011, 8:17 PM
the most harm i've wished on a customer is that there bill gets wracked up to an unbelievable amount, and NO credits issued ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

the worst thing a cust can do is insult me personally. it's happened a couple of times, and i just completely stop giving a ****.
xZuchinix

May 23, 2011, 8:41 PM
We can't get crunk with them. I've almost had to take some info home and make a call or two.
Iove2transfercustomers

May 24, 2011, 1:05 PM
i've been pushed to that point too.
olderthandirt

May 23, 2011, 9:20 PM
nothing. I mute those that are real bad, turn the volume down to the lowest setting and take off the head phones and lay them down such that I can still here something.

Sooner or later they start asking if I am there and I then ask them the next question. If it continues I remove the headphones and let them know that I will be turning their account in to sup for cancelation due to abusive behavior on the phone and they will be terminated and notated and have to pay all applical fees.

That usually will stop them stone cold. If not I do what I said. We have cancelled over 1200 of those type of accounts in last year
xZuchinix

May 24, 2011, 1:13 PM
AWESOME!!!

I wish I could do that.
HzD incredible

May 23, 2011, 11:12 PM
I hate when people lie about being with att for a long time. "i've been a loyal customer for years" "sir/mam this acount was started in 2010" "oh it must have changed when i switched from cingular" "sir/mam we switched cigular customer almost 10 years ago. lol or when they say well im a loyal customer what else can you do. what makes someones money more loyal than the next? and the only harm i wish is that a stupid rock would fall on their heads.
wdfichtel

May 24, 2011, 8:26 AM
I work in technical support, and I am very good at what I do. And if I tell a customer something can't be done, it means just that. Often it's not a technical restriction, it's against policy. So when someone comes back and tells me I "don't know what I'm dong" or asks me to get some one who "knows what they're doing", that sets me off more than anything else. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
Santi

May 24, 2011, 9:42 AM
I get terribly annoyed when someone mentions something is wrong with their phone (battery won't keep charge/screen occasionally goes in and out/certain buttons don't work) and when I take out the battery, I see the LDI red. When I mention that, they are in denial or something. "That was almost a month ago. I dried it out and everything." "But that's the only problem I have, everything else works fine, it CAN'T be because I got it wet!" I want to smash the phone in front of their face. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Da_Bonehead

May 25, 2011, 11:38 AM
Or they bring the phone in having a problem and the LDI is red and you explain that the phone is not covered under warranty because it got wet and they say "but it was doing this before it got wet." I say "you should have brought it in when it happened." They argue because eventhough it got wet it should still be covered under warranty because it happened before it got wet. just want hit them in the forehead with their phone.
Santi

May 31, 2011, 9:18 AM
Yeah, it always had problems before there was damage. Too bad. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
CallCenterBlues

May 24, 2011, 10:54 AM
If a customer calls me the "C" word because they don't get their way. I can feel my blood boiling. I hate that word. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ Grrrrrrr.
Lern

May 24, 2011, 12:30 PM
Talk..........................really......... .....................slowly.................. .........write.......................everythi ng.......................you .........................say................. ..............down........................... .................and......................... ........have..........................five... ......................complicated............ ................billing...................... ...........questions.......................wh ich...........................have........... ..............to..................be......... ...........................explained......... ..........in...............................de tail.........................five............ ................hundred...................... .....
(continues)
olderthandirt

Jun 6, 2011, 9:11 PM
Hey sounds like our customers
calik87

May 24, 2011, 6:38 PM
I work in a chat center. The worst thing a customer can do is wait till I have sent all closing script and chat in with "wait im here" then you have to threaten to close the chat for them to finallly respond.
pickles

May 24, 2011, 6:51 PM
i work in a call center, people can say whatever they want to me. I just laugh silently. I do hate it when people say "SIR?" instead of "excuse me/pardon me/etc), or if someone asks me to speak louder when they're in a loud environment. I'm like uhh I'm not gonna yell, if you want to be able to hear me, go somewhere quieter jerk
temporary

May 24, 2011, 7:03 PM
It's like I hate dealing with situations of which I was well aware that would surface while working at a call center, yet accepted the job anyways.

JK! ๐Ÿ˜
Required

May 25, 2011, 4:05 PM
me: "What country will you be going to?"

cust: "Washington"

Mon visage - ๐Ÿคจ

and

"Why are the rates so high?"

"Well, THIS carrier has cheaper rates"
QueenMeenie

Jun 1, 2011, 1:41 AM
If they interrupt me during my call intro... I know that things are going downhill. Look people, I know it's a long introduction, I hate it, too, but please, don't interrupt me to go off for three minutes about how long the intro is. You are wasting you're own time.
captnkrunch

Jun 6, 2011, 10:22 AM
The worst thing? Lol. How about YOU WILL GIVE ME THIS CREDIT... oh really?
fleurdemiel

Jun 6, 2011, 11:01 AM
I got a zero deposit? Ok. Welp, I'm gonna go talk to my wife about this.. we were just looking. We'll be in touch!

๐Ÿ˜ณ
SavageKitty

Jun 6, 2011, 5:10 PM
but the customer today when I asked for his name said myself. I then later asked whose account and he told me its me ๐Ÿคฃ
guitarhero73

Jun 6, 2011, 11:26 PM
Was he drunk? I had some guy call in with that answer a couple weeks ago. Then he started dropping the f-bomb when I kept asking him for the info.

Release button's a good thing sometimes...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.