Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

question for all!

mistermarler

May 28, 2005, 6:23 PM
😳 i am starting a new wireless agency. i am very much wanting to start something that will change the way things are done. i want to have more honesty. i want to sell phones and unlock ALL phones and have a full service cell phone shop. i will sell any carriers phones for any carrier (gsm of course) and i will order in import phones and activate service on them. I'm putting in a coffee bar with a chill area and a few comptuers for business/studying purposes, and a wi-fi spot. right now i am writing my business proposal and and working with some people. we have some investors interested. my question to you all, what ideas do you have? what can make it great? what do people hate dealing with when they go to buy a phone, and what d...
(continues)
nwdavis

May 29, 2005, 9:31 PM
You mention that you'll only carry and service GSM phones and I wonder why?
slochraven

May 31, 2005, 11:13 AM
nwdavis said:
You mention that you'll only carry and service GSM phones and I wonder why?

Sounds great to me. Contact me when you are ready as my company sells unlocked phones. all different models and such.
jerrydock

May 31, 2005, 3:48 PM
Be sure to have a good tech on hand that has his own tools. If you have someone apply with his 6hex driver in his pocket...hire him
waldo

Jun 1, 2005, 7:31 AM
Just worry about getting customers through the door at first. Drive some profit before you go ahead and invest in a coffee bar and a wi-fi spot. Obviously the high tech unlocked phones are going to be trendy, so advertise at the trendy bars and lounges in your area.

On the subject of only seling GSM phones... They rock, CDMA/TDMA blows..
PsYkE

May 31, 2005, 3:44 PM
Only in a perfect world.
geminiwireless.com

Jun 1, 2005, 4:29 PM
mistermarler said:
😳 i am starting a new wireless agency. i am very much wanting to start something that will change the way things are done. i want to have more honesty. i want to sell phones and unlock ALL phones and have a full service cell phone shop. i will sell any carriers phones for any carrier (gsm of course) and i will order in import phones and activate service on them. I'm putting in a coffee bar with a chill area and a few comptuers for business/studying purposes, and a wi-fi spot. right now i am writing my business proposal and and working with some people. we have some investors interested. my question to you all, what ideas do you have? what can make it great? what do people hate dealing with
(continues)
Dyingunman

Jun 1, 2005, 4:33 PM
You cant offically sell T-mobile plans and Cingular plans in the same store, They are Direct competetors.
geminiwireless.com

Jun 1, 2005, 4:54 PM
Dyingunman said:
You cant offically sell T-mobile plans and Cingular plans in the same store, They are Direct competetors.

Yes and in our market you have to be exclusive to sell Cingular. That is why I don't sell them. So basically you will be a T-mobile or Cingular dealer. If you only want to sell GSM.
Dyingunman

Jun 1, 2005, 5:00 PM
geminiwireless.com said:
Dyingunman said:

Yes and in our market you have to be exclusive to sell Cingular. That is why I don't sell them. So basically you will be a T-mobile or Cingular dealer. If you only want to sell GSM.

just crack your own neck, it's easier than what youre attempting to do... 😢
gsmcentral

Jun 4, 2005, 8:05 PM
Dyingunman said:
geminiwireless.com said:
Dyingunman said:

just crack your own neck, it's easier than what youre attempting to do... 😢

In our Market it IS possible. Don't be discouraged follow your dream, watch it turn to gold and stick it to the corperate stores.

Be sure though that you know who you are marketing to, get a space with alot of parki...
(continues)
NHCharmedOne

Jun 1, 2005, 8:34 PM
mistermarler said:
😳 i am starting a new wireless agency. i am very much wanting to start something that will change the way things are done. i want to have more honesty. i want to sell phones and unlock ALL phones and have a full service cell phone shop. i will sell any carriers phones for any carrier (gsm of course) and i will order in import phones and activate service on them. I'm putting in a coffee bar with a chill area and a few comptuers for business/studying purposes, and a wi-fi spot. right now i am writing my business proposal and and working with some people. we have some investors interested. my question to you all, what ideas do you have? what can make it great? what do people hate dealing with
(continues)
prince84

Jun 6, 2005, 12:06 PM
make sure you hire the right people who are customer friendly and who will do all they can do to fix a customer problem.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.