Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Just found out.

xZuchinix

May 25, 2011, 4:16 PM
Another call center that takes the same type of calls as mine closed down. Reason being "****** HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN EXPECT HIGHER CALL VOLUME FROM THEIR QUES"

So my logic is this, "If theres too many calls, why shut down a center if they have too many calls?" This does nothing but make the other centers have even more calls.

/rant and life.
thahammer

May 25, 2011, 4:58 PM
I think you missed the point. To me, it is saying that you should expect more calls where you are, because the other call center who was taking a portion of those calls is no longer there. It says nothing about them shutting down the center because it received too much traffic.

In any case...

/your life ☹️
xZuchinix

May 25, 2011, 8:25 PM
I re-read it and I wrong about the reasoning, but /my life
pickles

May 25, 2011, 7:45 PM
in the south or midwest? If so, there might have been a tornado. My center is getting higher call volume right now due to severe storms where our other centers are located.
xZuchinix

May 25, 2011, 8:26 PM
I have no idea where, I think its either florida or colorado
serendair

May 25, 2011, 8:44 PM
Buddy of mine from Foxfield, CO was all, "TORNADOOOOOOOO" yesterday in a text message. She's fine, amused and thought seeing it hit the foothills was awesome, but she's alright.
Fredd

May 26, 2011, 1:54 PM
True, there was an AT&T call center in Joplin MO that was impacted.
temporary

May 25, 2011, 8:06 PM
Does this seem illogical to you? Why? To understand you, I must ask you one question: do you understand the goal of a business?
xZuchinix

May 25, 2011, 8:26 PM
I read it wrong, and I'd delete the post if possible, but I can't

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.