Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 510 replies

Kind of Customers:

me12

Dec 17, 2010, 8:59 PM
This should be a thread about all the kind of customers out there.

My favourite is
The Recapper: after you recap what you are selling them they recap everything you just said...

it's like ๐Ÿ˜ฒ you just listened to me!! Oh wow... I feel honoured...

then they biotch about how long they have been on the phone with me. ๐Ÿคจ ๐Ÿ˜•
This_Troper

Dec 17, 2010, 10:20 PM
Similar to the Recapper, though the recap is intentionally wrong- intending to trap you in their definition.
"So because I'm paying a month in advance, You're telling me not to pay next month."
This_Troper

Dec 17, 2010, 11:58 PM
If I was clever, it wouldn't have taken me nearly 2 hours to dub this Customer "Rumplestiltskin".
weresquirrel

Apr 8, 2011, 7:24 PM
ay troper, where you at these days man?
comander60

Mar 22, 2011, 8:15 AM
when is the last time your cabel provider gave you a free tv cuz you use their service? ๐Ÿคฃ
me12

Mar 28, 2011, 9:54 AM
I dont use cable... we just have the basic 5 and Netflix, coz we are getting back at 'the man' ๐Ÿคฃ
jestcuzzgrl

Sep 21, 2011, 7:39 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
juggalo D

Dec 19, 2010, 2:29 PM
The customer who walks in, you greet, and instead of saying hello they just start demanding items and phones and extras only to find they have a budget of 5 bucks.
tacmus

Mar 14, 2012, 1:56 PM
hahahahahaha, that sucks!!!
kittie

Dec 19, 2010, 4:04 PM
Can't add a line because their credit sux? "I'm cancelling my account and go somewhere else!"

Can't upgrade because they JUST upgraded last month? "Lemme cancel my account and get this phone free with (insert a diff. Carrier name)"

Can't bill to account because their payment history is bad? "I'll just cancel, I've been with you guys for yeeeeeeeaars yet I still can't get this billed?"

Yeah. Cancelling is their middle name.
olderthandirt

Dec 28, 2010, 10:47 PM
I have 3 lines and your black berries all suck. I can get better black berries for free elsewhere.I spend a lot of money with you. Over a thousand dollars. I want free phones even though I got these 3 months ago.

I had a friend with the same issue and your account services told him goodbye and there would be early termination fees.

I refuse to pay them if I do not get free phones.

Thank you sir-- Let me transfer you to account services!!!
shirozato

Mar 19, 2012, 2:34 PM
"*enter other service provider's name here* said they would pay my etf's and give me free iphones if i go to them. What are you going to do to make me stay?"
Mossberg

Dec 19, 2010, 4:18 PM
The ones that tell you what time they woke up, what they had for breakfast, what their kid's favorite toy is.

I just want to stick to bidness, I don't want to know what color your poop is.
Mikey C

Mar 5, 2011, 4:04 PM
These are my favorite kind.expecially on a slow day.
ochne

Dec 19, 2010, 4:34 PM
The non-english speaking American citizen:

The ones that are non immigrants and always says "I want to aks you why my bill so high?"

If only I could tell them, "Because your bill was out behind the dumpster with the bad kids smoking a bowl while skipping english class like you did."
Da_Bonehead

Dec 20, 2010, 2:15 PM
Well since you Aks me why Your bill is so high, it is because of all the TEXTES you sent last month to your baby daddy.
weresquirrel

Apr 8, 2011, 7:31 PM
TEXTES. god that drives me nuts.
slolearner

Dec 19, 2010, 5:35 PM
The customer who walks in and announces that he's buying everything online, and just wants to test drive. Sorry buddy, I'm a retailer, and my time has to be spent on profiting my store or helping people with real issues.

The customer who I spend an hour every week with, solving their problems and building rapport. They finally decide to do an upgrade and they buy online to save $10.

Side story: I spent three hours on the phone getting a customer of mine a warranty replacement on a basic samsung touch phone that was past warranty date. They ended up sending her a Captivate for free, which was pretty cool. When I offered to sell her accessories, she told me she was going to buy them on Ebay.

My store will match any local price (includ...
(continues)
texaswireless

Dec 28, 2010, 8:42 PM
I have no qualms about giving that customer a lesson in small business economics.
iljaaf21

Jan 4, 2011, 3:02 PM
You mean the fact that eBay is ruining our ecomomy?
WernerCD

Jan 8, 2011, 11:53 AM
Cars put the poor horse industry out of work.

Printing Press put the Scribe out of work

Hell... cell phones put the telegraph industry out of work.

Here's a clue: Things change. Ruining the economy? I can name dozens of things that do more to cause issues than junk sold on eBay.

One of the biggest issues, as far as I'm concerned, is crap like trying to prop up old businesses that can't survive anymore.

Blame doesn't get you more business, so you better find a way to get more customers.
Yama Gama

Nov 26, 2013, 8:48 PM
Yup. Already there's trading platforms that put the everyday consumer within reach of wholsale pricing.. on individual items.
Ghosthendrikson

Feb 9, 2011, 2:39 PM
The Online Buyer is probably my LEAST favorite customer. The discounted price combined with the instant rebate instead of Mail In is very difficult to compete with as an indirect.

It's especially annoying when they come to me to get all the information, check out the phone, get questions anwsered. Then when I go to close the sale they pretty much stonewall me, despite all my efforts to close.

The worst will then bring the phone in to me to get contacts transfered or ask to have their bluetooth headset synched. I visibly shutter.
chuckie

Jun 4, 2011, 5:31 PM
hate online buyers, I have some that tell me straight up they wanna do it online and just wanted to look at the phone in person....then when they do get the blackberry that they have no clue how to use, they come into my store to have me set up their emails, create BB ID, put on their screen protectors and pair their bluetooth.....

WTF. ๐Ÿ‘€
bobdelon

Jul 1, 2015, 3:47 AM
sad story. ๐Ÿ˜ข
OfAMightDivine

Dec 19, 2010, 8:14 PM
The one that, no matter how impossible whatever they want is, wants to speak to the next highest person they can because they know that person will be able to give them what they want.

Often heard saying "Then let me speak to your supervisor." As if it was some kind of threat.
chewie101

Dec 19, 2010, 9:23 PM
I love escalating... it makes my day.
Iove2transfercustomers

Dec 20, 2010, 8:57 PM
and i laugh when my sup tells them the same thing, and they don't get what they want. then i get back on the phone with them, and ask if there is anything else i can assist them with today ๐Ÿคฃ
olderthandirt

Dec 28, 2010, 11:01 PM
Nice thing is that the sup can tell them so sad, to bad, and when they call back to care after hanging up on the sup we can refer to memos and not have to deal with them trying it all over again.

I am sorry sir but my memos indicate that a sup tryed very hard to work with you on this and unfortunatly I can must defer to the sups offer on this issue-- The memos indicate that you should go pound sand
PhoneyName

Jan 6, 2011, 7:24 PM
And his cousin, the immediate escalator, who walks in the door and asks for the manager straight away hoping he will get a better deal, when he just wanted to buy a car charger.
tmorep03

Jan 15, 2011, 3:23 PM
my favorite is when they talk to a sup and ask to speak with someone higher than you. I just them sorry and i am as high a person they can talk to.
Drea_LX

Jun 8, 2011, 12:06 PM
I love the ones that use their tenure to escalate

So what if you've been with sprint for 50 years, You're paying us for the service and we supply it, no where in the contract does it say we owe you for your loyalty. You get what you pay for nuff said.
worldwatcher

May 27, 2013, 1:47 PM
Then you would have loved that one i had recently that escalated all the way to the site's manager asking for a credit of $1000 because he's been a loyal customer for 10 years
chewie101

Dec 19, 2010, 9:26 PM
He (usually a He) won't leave you alone until all his questions are answered, then he starts telling you his life story about how he's crippled, in and out of the hospital, and wouldn't it be great if Sprint did this to make something better? You should pass it along. Sure, cuz, I have a design team that I have access to to help make a phone or a belt clip better. I'll get right on that.
ghepau

Mar 3, 2011, 11:44 PM
i think i had the same call... maybe the same sprint customer.. hehe
phantom mullet

Dec 20, 2010, 12:33 PM
The Ancient has been with your company since day one. When you ask "Are you an existing customer?" the response is likely "I've been a customer for X years!" or "I've been a customer since before you were born!"

The Ancient is set in his ways and his plan. Can't add a line to that plan? I don't want it. Can't upgrade and keep his plan? He'll do without. Why should he have to sign a contract anyway? And why are new customers getting the same price?

The Ancient will never leave, no matter how much they threaten. Dirty, rotten tease...
Iove2transfercustomers

Dec 20, 2010, 9:25 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
TMO-MAN

Dec 24, 2010, 8:14 PM
AAANNNNNDDDDDDD THEY WANT AN ACTIVATION FEE WAIVED BECUASE "ITS NOT LIKE I'M SOME JOE SCHMOE OFF THE STREET"
Bubey

Jan 7, 2011, 8:33 AM
I'm one of your Ancient's. I stay with my plan because no one has such a good deal.
$45 a month including all taxes, etc for 2 lines, 1000 minutes per month, MtoM which works as 80% of my calls are to same company users.

I quite often get cell phone sales people wanting my plan. If the cell phone companies made the pricing more friendly we would upgrade. Why would I turn in a $45 plan for a $85 plan ?

Yes, I'm not a kid anymore and I use my phone to make phone calls, not play games on it.
phantom mullet

Jan 7, 2011, 9:30 AM
Just don't call sales asking for us to match your pricing and don't be surprised when your company kicks you off that plan. ๐Ÿ™‚
Bubey

Jan 7, 2011, 9:41 AM
To clarify. I don't ask them to match my plan. Those kids in the malls trying to sell cell service always are after a customer. I tell them they "can't" match my plan and whenI tell them what I've got they often say "can I have your phone & plan".

I'm quite satisfied with my plan. I use it for phone service, not games, apps, etc. So I'll stay with it until FCC side with the company and I get kicked off. But according to FCC they have a contract which says once the 2 years are up they have to keep us on a month to month basis. My plan is 8 years old and I love it.

I've thought about going all celluar and upgrading but for the difference in monthly fee's I'm not getting anything better than what I use now for a higher price.
chuckie

Jun 4, 2011, 5:34 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
tara.k

Sep 21, 2011, 3:11 PM
"How do I call my voicemail?", "How do I turn my phone off?", and "My sound isn't working anymore." are my favorites.
They think that we're the most techy people ever holding down their 1.
TheSchu

Dec 20, 2010, 12:55 PM
When you explain something to a customer, and just get a blank stare in responce, so you try and dumb it down, wich is usually followed by a "huh". And another explanation......... Look people I'm not speaking in another lunguage, its not my fault you don't understand basic words like, not eligable, full retail, or water damaged!
He who Lurks

Dec 20, 2010, 1:26 PM
But why is there an insurance deductible. And why do I have to pay for a FREE upgrade. Aren't upgrades free cause I ben a longtime customer and why do I need to sign a new contract?
me12

Dec 20, 2010, 4:05 PM
And most the time long time customer means less then 6 months into a new contract.
kittie

Dec 20, 2010, 4:21 PM
How was I to know 6 months is long enough for them? Compared to who? To those who has an account since 1998 and never demanded impossible things? Pfft.
Commitment_King

Jan 1, 2011, 9:34 PM
Me: Sir, your sim card is locked to your phone for 6 months.

Him: What does that mean.

Me: Your sim card is locked to the phone...
chuckie

Jun 4, 2011, 5:26 PM
why do i have to pay $50/$125 deductible? I pay $5 a month for insurance, this is ridiculous, you guys like to rob people, I want to cancel my service.

the end.
Jellz

Jun 7, 2011, 2:11 PM
"Thank the Lord you don't have to pay for the full retail price of the new phone, like so many other people in your situation (without insurance) have to."

FIN.
Yama Gama

Nov 26, 2013, 6:58 PM
The best is when they have a phone that's been insured for four years and the deductible is greater than the full retail cost of an upgrade XP
Iove2transfercustomers

Dec 20, 2010, 9:24 PM
nice acronym
olderthandirt

Dec 20, 2010, 4:09 PM
The if I scream and throw a fit at the store and still do not get my way I will call Sprint and act like it never happened (in the memos sir) until I am told still will not get my way and then scream and throw fit hang up and wait awhile and try again later (in the memos sir)

Let me transfer you to account services after you threaten cancellation and see if they give you the number of a competitor because we really do not want you as a customer.
You call every month and want free service and of course because you have been a long standing customer with us (as you can see on your screen - 2 years active - 6 suspends - 13 payment arangements - 18 requests for free month of service ) because you think you deserve it or the tantrums will co...
(continues)
me12

Dec 20, 2010, 4:10 PM
Wow- do you work in retentions? My Mom has a crap ton of these stories!
olderthandirt

Dec 20, 2010, 5:04 PM
no just can read memos on those accounts when I have those sort of customers.

Just sad compared to those that truely need our help.

better give your mom an extra hug for the holidays. That would be a hard place to work without drugs or heavy drinking
me12

Dec 20, 2010, 5:15 PM
Ah she doesnt work there anymore, after her second heart attack she stopped working ๐Ÿ˜.
But I'll give her an extra hug because she has to deal with my father throughout the holidays! ๐Ÿ˜‰
olderthandirt

Dec 20, 2010, 8:02 PM
WOW
obligated

Jun 19, 2012, 9:50 AM
๐Ÿ˜
me12

Dec 20, 2010, 4:09 PM
These are pretty much any customers you speak to (situations may vary)-
Customer has called in 20-30 times in a day to see if they can get Iphone 4 for the discounted upgrade price of 199$/299$ however they are not upgradable for another 6 months. Customer was told by 'previous' rep that we could do this upgrade for standard price... uhuh- yeah right- we have the 200$ exception upgrade fee... which NEVER gets waived, maily because we are 3rd party company for the Iphone... ๐Ÿ™„
olderthandirt

Dec 28, 2010, 11:07 PM
What do you mean that the prior memos indicate that I have called in more than once or twice. Not true. The prior rep was the only one I talked to today and he said you would give me the phone for free and a years free service. If you can not do that I will cancel my account. I spend a lot of money with you.

Why no problem sir, I see that you are on the 29.99 plan and call everymonth for free overage releif. I am sure we can set that evo up for you on that plan

Let me transfer you to account services
He who Lurks

Dec 20, 2010, 4:25 PM
Just had this one, wants info on son's (or daughter's wife's husband's mom's dad's) account but cannot verify. But I'm an authorized user, which, even if true is only usable in a store where they can view your drivers license.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Dec 21, 2010, 1:29 PM
i don't know... you don't look like a Worf

๐Ÿคฃ
Researcher

Dec 20, 2010, 9:14 PM
They want it on every thing. No details
Iove2transfercustomers

Dec 20, 2010, 9:32 PM
i don't get them often, but when i do, i officially stop caring about whatever issue you are having.
twinmoon1

Dec 20, 2010, 9:46 PM
๐Ÿคฃ i know how u feel ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
me12

Mar 5, 2011, 12:26 PM
had someone tell me to go back to my own fecking country... my response "I'm from England ma'am, if I remember rightly, England helped in founding this country..."
Surprising she hung up on me... ๐Ÿคฃ
Poking Pixie

Dec 20, 2010, 10:43 PM
And it's almost always women that do this to me. Call in, say they want to upgrade one of their lines, start out the call knowing what kind of phone they want, but when you start to order the phone, they start talking about 3 other phones that they kinda liked, and what is your opinion on them. ๐Ÿ™„ You spend 45 minutes trying to talk them into buying any of the 60 plus phones they've seen on the website, doesn't matter which, just pick one, lady, they're all the same as far as you're concerned. ๐Ÿ™„ Then after wasting almost an hour of your time, they say they need to think about it some more, there's just too many choices, I have to ask my husband, and tell you they'll call back LATER. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
slightlystoopid21

Dec 20, 2010, 11:20 PM
I get that every phone call ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
Dollgrin

Dec 24, 2010, 5:45 PM
Sometimes men can be worse, because they ask you about the different phones even though they were dead set on one to start with, and then EVERY single time to start to explain a phone they tell you "Well I thought this phone____ and I'm sure this one is _____ so you're wrong". In the end they say well I have to think about it since 'YOU' obviously don't know as much about the phones as I do. UGH. SMH
Fredd

Dec 21, 2010, 10:17 AM
When asked what their cell phone number is, presents you with a long pause - then gives you their cell number but leaves out the area code.
kittie

Dec 21, 2010, 4:30 PM
They're also the ones that gives their Zipcode when you ask for their Pincode. Ohh! And also asks if the PIN is all numbers or letters! ๐Ÿ˜ก
Da_Bonehead

Dec 21, 2010, 5:57 PM
Can you give me a hint. or they guess the password in hopes that eventually they will get it after 20 guesses.
guitarhero73

Dec 24, 2010, 1:02 PM
Or when you ask for the pin, they reply, "Is that the same pin I use to get into my voicemail?"

Me: No it's the one you set up when you call in to access. ๐Ÿ™„
Dollgrin

Dec 24, 2010, 5:46 PM
Or they swear up and down that they have _____ service and when you can't find their information in the system, they finally realized that they have a different carrier, but you should have known that when looking at the number in the first place.
looch_himself

Dec 25, 2010, 3:13 PM
Dollgrin said:
Or they swear up and down that they have _____ service and when you can't find their information in the system, they finally realized that they have a different carrier, but you should have known that when looking at the number in the first place.

Had a guy like that once while working for AT&T. After 5 minutes of typing his number in manually, he finally realized he had Sprint. He then demanded I help him anyway. After another 5 minutes of me telling him that I was, in fact, an AT&T rep, he escalated on me because I refused to help him. He said it was because I was racist. He yelled at the Supe for another 10 minutes before disconnecting, in which he also accused the Supe of bei...
(continues)
iljaaf21

Jan 4, 2011, 4:15 PM
I had a woman try that with me once. She claimed that I wasn't giving her access to the account because I was racist and thought it was funny. I laughed and said, ma'am, I can't see what color your skin is over the phone... She got real quiet and apologized to me! ๐Ÿคฃ
morninafterdark

Dec 29, 2010, 12:50 AM
Theres also the customer that gives you their zip code when you ask for the area code ๐Ÿ™„
Da_Bonehead

Dec 29, 2010, 11:21 AM
Or they give you just tha last four of their Cell Phone number. When you ask them for their Area Code and Prefix they look at you like you are stupid for not knowing.
Buddy you are not in 1950 Mayberry RFD, Your number is not 0009 it is probably area code XXX and then ??? 0009.
phantom mullet

Dec 29, 2010, 12:14 PM
their response to "May I have your first and last name, please?" is "Yeah, that's 425-555-7943."

Really? Your parents named you a series of digits?
Da_Bonehead

Dec 29, 2010, 2:07 PM
Or when you aske them for their number they give you what they think is the "Main" number. They want something fixed that is plan related and when you tell them the problem they say, "oh, that's not my number, that's the main number, here is my number".
They could save me time and frustration by actually listening to what I ask and giving me the correct answer.
me12

Jan 7, 2011, 3:16 PM
but listening is just too much effort... ๐Ÿคฃ
Commitment_King

Jan 1, 2011, 9:26 PM
Me: May I please have your "10" digit wireless number

Him: 555-5555

ME: >:-[ ........
justfinethanku

Dec 21, 2010, 10:32 AM
Seriously, among the absolute rude-est of customers is the one who walks up to your kiosk or into your store and starts looking at the phones.

You greet them;

nothing

You ask them if there is anything you can do to help them;

nothing

You look directly at them and ask if you can help them find anything;

nothing

You turn away and go to help another customer;

they interrupt you and ask you for the price of a random phone they don't even want

My favorite is when they continually interrupt you and the customer you are helping because they feel entitled to a response from you regardless of how incredibly rude they were.

I like to ask them to "please wait your turn ma'am, I'm w...
(continues)
Dollgrin

Dec 24, 2010, 5:49 PM
OMG I hate that!

I hate when that same customer stops you in the middle of saying hello and snaps that they're "just looking and don't need help" and turn their backs on you. Then when you give them space they're upset because you didn't just hover around them anyway so they couldn't insult you.

Those people and the ones who stay on their cells phones and act like you're rude for A) approaching them since they came into the store and you're REQUIRED to greet them within 5 seconds otherwise your manager will be all over your balls or B) you left them alone since they were on their phone and you didn't help them and now YOU are the one who is a crappy rep for not being attentive.
tgc1980

May 18, 2011, 9:07 PM
I wish I could post a sign that says, "DO NOT COME IN UNLESS YOU'RE READY TO BUY A PHONE!"
He who Lurks

Dec 21, 2010, 1:07 PM
People that must be doing Meth cause they can't shut up for 2 seconds to let me answer a question before jumping to another question then back again and they don't seem to breathe cause there never a pause or any other sort of punctuation kind of like this post and the call will NEVER end and you end up wishing you were dead just so you wouldn't have to listen to their damn indecipherable ramblings in some accent you can't place and you think maybe martian but you never know right
me12

Dec 21, 2010, 1:46 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

omg these are awful! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
cradle

May 22, 2015, 2:20 PM
ive had one of those call at&t lady couldnt stop talking...could hear her teeth grinding and kept talking thru out. I asked her if she was ok, I can tell your on something and she got all freaked out... im like maam you need to get help. she hung up.
me12

Dec 21, 2010, 1:34 PM
The one who refuses to give you their cell phone number, after 20 mins of reassuring them you are apart of your company they reluctantly give you the number. Then when it comes to verify they don't want to provide you with the last four on the SSN... I advised this particular customer to go into a store and show ID, however he did not want any of our reps to know his account info or his address... I wanted to ask why he set up a cell phone account if he was this paranoid about the cell phone business.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Dec 21, 2010, 1:39 PM
but... you called us... ๐Ÿ‘€
Da_Bonehead

Dec 21, 2010, 2:07 PM
I advise these people a prepaid plan is better for them. They don't even need to use their own information. Hilary Clinton and Donald Duck have so many Prepaied phones.
me12

Dec 21, 2010, 2:10 PM
Very true... but he also mentioned something about listening to his conversations... ๐Ÿ‘€
Da_Bonehead

Dec 21, 2010, 2:40 PM
I hear that all the time. I have people come in to my store and say that someone put a virus on their phone and are monitoring all their calls.
me12

Dec 21, 2010, 3:26 PM
๐Ÿ™„ absolutely redonkulas.

Why are these people so r-tarded.
Da_Bonehead

Jan 24, 2011, 5:43 PM
Once I had a customer come in with an issue of not getting their voicemail. said that when they call it they hear an awful blaring noise. I called tech support and found out they forwarded their phone to a number they did not know and people were calling them and getting someone else all weekend. after I got off the phone with tech support and told them what was going on they states "I was wondering why i did not get any calls this weekend". I told them they should call all their friends and apologize for the horn in the ear. LOL
ghepau

Mar 3, 2011, 11:58 PM
most of them are like this, paranoid..
one scenario, i was explaining about a new feature of the insurance they are paying monthly and they cut you out and say " why are you telling me all that? you'll be charging me extra for that aren't you?" so paranoid..

can you just let me finish first? hehe
Researcher

Dec 21, 2010, 2:20 PM
No mater what happens, you make the pitch, but they have to ask spouse, parents or whomever first. Then the info is messed up when they tell the other person. You have to start all over again plus cut through the crap from the first time. Plus you hope THEY do not have to ask or get permission from some one else. This is even after to ask if there is any one else, FIRST!
Dollgrin

Dec 24, 2010, 5:52 PM
UGH I know what you mean...
Da_Bonehead

Dec 21, 2010, 2:45 PM
They try to jump ahead of all the other Customers in the store because they "Just have a Quick question".

After trying to answer that "Quick Question" for 30 minutes you now have a potential riot on your hands from the other customers that have been waiting.
justfinethanku

Dec 21, 2010, 3:20 PM
"I just want to pay my bill real quick"

Translation:

"can you open my account to find out why I whent over on my minutes, also, is such and such line eligible for upgrade and, real quick, how do I turn the earpiece volume up on this phone, and also, my brother wants a phone, but doesn't want a contract, can I add him to my account but not get a contract and is there an activation fee, can I get that waived because I know someone who is dating someone else who's dad works for a company that has a corporate discount through you guys, oh and one more thing, how can I cancell this service, do I have a fee? and what about navigation, I want navigation on my phone but don't want to pay for it, can I get a new phone, do you guys sell the iPho...
(continues)
me12

Dec 21, 2010, 3:27 PM
hahahahaha
fleurdemiel

Apr 10, 2011, 5:20 PM
WIN
cradle

May 22, 2015, 2:24 PM
best damn thing ive read all day
Da_Bonehead

Dec 21, 2010, 3:57 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
olderthandirt

Apr 10, 2011, 6:22 PM
๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜
Well Done
Quipbw

Mar 25, 2012, 6:36 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
worldwatcher

May 27, 2013, 3:04 PM
justfinethanku said:
"I just want to pay my bill real quick"

Translation:

"can you open my account to find out why I whent over on my minutes, also, is such and such line eligible for upgrade and, real quick, how do I turn the earpiece volume up on this phone, and also, my brother wants a phone, but doesn't want a contract, can I add him to my account but not get a contract and is there an activation fee, can I get that waived because I know someone who is dating someone else who's dad works for a company that has a corporate discount through you guys, oh and one more thing, how can I cancell this service, do I have a fee? and what about navigation, I want navigation on my phone but don't want to pay for it, can I g
(continues)
fIeurdemiel

May 28, 2013, 8:04 PM
That's how girls that you've dated call you; amirite?
Researcher

Dec 21, 2010, 3:34 PM
I hate it when they say "Hey this will only take a second"
Da_Bonehead

Dec 21, 2010, 4:00 PM
Translation - I wand to start a new line of service for my 4 quadruplets and they each would like a different phone, but you will need to call the account holder, who will have to drive 45 minutes to get here to sign the contracts becaust I am not authorized on the account. And could you set up the Bluetooth in my car which is not compatible with the phone I have because it should work because my sister has an earpiece that does connect to my phone.
Researcher

Dec 21, 2010, 4:02 PM
My credit sux but that is not my fault.
Researcher

Dec 21, 2010, 4:04 PM
This is not the type of quickie I had in mind ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
me12

Dec 21, 2010, 4:45 PM
or I should not have to pay the deposit of 1000$, I know I left an account in collections last time I signed up with y'all but I promise I won't do it again... ๐Ÿ™„
serendair

Dec 21, 2010, 4:48 PM
These are the people who either like the sound of your voice, are having troubles in some relationship or another, or just don't know what to do other than to waste your time on the phone.

Last Friday and Saturday both were good examples of this; last call of the night and both of them proceeded to waste my time; the Friday guy proceeded to go over every detail of his plan twice with me as if I didn't know what it was, argued with me about what roaming really means (dude; I'm sorry, you have good coverage in Hawaii, but your hometown stateside is totally roaming; no, your children are not getting their any mobile anytime, you're ridiculous.)

And the Saturday lady proceeded to refuse to let me get her to a supervisor after I clarified t...
(continues)
Dollgrin

Dec 24, 2010, 5:55 PM
Those are the same ones who came into the store because the weather was bad outside or a spouse was doing other shoping around the store and they had some time to kill. BLeh.
me12

Dec 23, 2010, 5:37 PM
someone who poop's/pee's while they are on the phone with a rep... I always advised these people to call back when they are not taking care of their personal business and disconnect...

๐Ÿ™„

I dont want to listen to myself poop let alone a stranger who's being a meany head to me...
Dollgrin

Dec 24, 2010, 5:56 PM
Woooooooooooooooooooow thats kind of funny (and really gross)... some people assume you can't hear them in the background or something.
me12

Dec 24, 2010, 6:03 PM
Its freaking nasty man. Only 2 people I feel comforable enough to pee on the phone with and that's my little sister and bestie. ๐Ÿ‘€
Researcher

Dec 28, 2010, 9:40 PM
Just do not drop the phone! Or something else will "ploop" in the bowl. ๐Ÿคฃ
me12

Jan 7, 2011, 1:34 PM
Thankfully I have never dropped my phone in the toilet *knocks on wood* ๐Ÿ˜
Dollgrin

Dec 24, 2010, 7:56 PM
The customer who acts like they know everything and anything about cell phones and service, and feel they need to quiz you over everything.
Dollgrin

Dec 24, 2010, 7:58 PM
This one deserves it's own section even though it's a know it all situation. Its the person who swears they worked for ______ company and they don't need to hear anything you're saying or telling them even though they frequently have OLD or usless information. Then when you tell them there was a policy change or that they were incorrect they proceed to throw a fit in the store about how they know how things work because they used to work there and you just don't know what you are doing.
serendair

Dec 27, 2010, 8:33 PM
I've gotten the policy change bit and if it's something that came out while I've been out of the 'office'/cubicle? I'll be interested and ask when it changed and thank 'em for letting me know.

The relief people get when you don't start ish is amazing.
Dollgrin

Jan 1, 2011, 6:14 PM
if it's legit, no problem. I just hate when it's something that is clearly wrong and they just wont give it up.
Da_Bonehead

Jan 3, 2011, 12:05 PM
I have heard this when it comes to privacy and billing quipment to their account. Policy is only the Account Holder can bill equipment to the account. When they say they used to work for my company and used to do it all the time I just want to say "that is probably why you Used to work here"
BMDroid

Apr 21, 2011, 10:01 AM
I hate these people.
sidbisyo

Dec 25, 2010, 11:15 AM
So, you talk to the caller but every time you respond or ask a question you hear somebody in the background whispering a response or a question. this is then relayed to you by the person you are talking to.

a variant would be the middleman, you talk to the cust and she relays what you said to somebody in the background. that person then asks a question or responds to you w/c is then relayed again by the actual person that called.
pickles

Apr 19, 2011, 8:38 PM
so, fraudsters?
me12

Dec 27, 2010, 8:25 PM
Customer has been on the phone for 4 hours already, because of some fault due to the website (which signed them on a 2 yr contract accidently). Do the research get overrides and waive some fee's due to our eff up. Tell them that the data plan is required on this line until the phone is recieved and switched to correct line, Customer yell's and holler's at you, calls you a bitoch tells you "to shut the eff up. IM THE CUSTOMER SO I CAN CUT YOU OFF NO MATTER WHEN I EFFING WANT TO!"
All the while he's muted and you are speaking to your neighbor about your Christmas Day.
So then you try to calmy explain that jsut because he has added it on the line he wants to use... again I calmly explain that WE DOO NEEED TO HAAVE IT ON THE LINE WE ARE OR ...
(continues)
olderthandirt

Dec 28, 2010, 10:35 PM
got to love those types. Their entire life is going to be like that. Pity the wife who has to listen to him while thinking how nice it would be to stick a broomstick up his #$% big end first
Da_Bonehead

Dec 29, 2010, 12:14 PM
My neighbor has a tenent like that. When he walks every other step he says f...
I could never understand how anyone could live such a miserable life.
Iove2transfercustomers

Sep 10, 2012, 5:37 PM
me12 said:

He tells me that he would be happy for me to talk to his ass...

๐Ÿคฃ
Poking Pixie

Dec 28, 2010, 1:54 PM
The person that responds with "mmmhmm" every third word out of your mouth during the recap. ๐Ÿ™„ It's like, dude, let me get through the recap and then you can tell me if you understood everything I just said. ๐Ÿ™„
Researcher

Dec 28, 2010, 9:43 PM
There are other noises to like:

Dumb dumb dumb

Ahh lemmie see

It's da da da ..

Doo doo doo....
me12

Dec 28, 2010, 10:29 PM
I've taken to humming to my customers when there is dead air (especially if they are bugging the crap outta me).... they seem to not mind ๐Ÿ˜‰
Researcher

Dec 29, 2010, 1:42 PM
to go "hummm themselves"
narcissismkills

Dec 28, 2010, 6:23 PM
Customer calls in and asks about upgrade elig for all the lines-while giving the elig info for one line cst says I already know about that number (cst asked from the beginning to get the info for ALL the lines on the acct!) so say ok and ask for the number she wants to know the eligibility for, cst then says I want all of the lines' elig I already said that! ๐Ÿ˜ณ -ugh so stupid
olderthandirt

Dec 28, 2010, 8:26 PM
thank you for calling
Customer states
My name is ----, you people turned off my daughters phone, then a few days later you turned off my phone, F you, I changed providers, F you, Don't call me or contact me, F you- hangs up

Quick check on account
Pay your bill and this would not happen
Da_Bonehead

Dec 29, 2010, 12:16 PM
Those are the same people who when the Auto Dialer calls to give them the "This message is for 'XYZ' if you are not 'XYZ' please hang up" they blow an airhorn into the phone thinking that someone may hear it.
Dollgrin

Jan 8, 2011, 3:59 PM
People really blow airhorns into the phone? WTH that's just dumb.
XMegadeathX

Dec 29, 2010, 12:32 PM
These are the people that think that you owe them everything because they have been a loyal customer of yours. Everything from wanting free phones to free service. I even had a cust call and tell me he should get an HTC EVO for free and waive the 10 premium data fee because he is such a good customer sigh...
Poking Pixie

Dec 29, 2010, 2:45 PM
You just wanna be like "Sir, this is not a Turkish baazar. I cannot negotiate on the price of the phone or the features." ๐Ÿ™„
XMegadeathX

Dec 30, 2010, 8:40 AM
Poking Pixie said:
You just wanna be like "Sir, this is not a Turkish baazar. I cannot negotiate on the price of the phone or the features." ๐Ÿ™„

๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
ghost765

Jan 24, 2011, 10:58 PM
Man that is so true... They feel like they have been with us, they can get everything. 99% of the calls I take they say the same script
wireless.praying.mantis

Apr 14, 2011, 9:26 PM
Are we referring to the Seven Eleven aka Apu from The Simpsons ones or the US Government screwed the pooch out of them stealing their land aka Tonto type of Indians? ๐Ÿคจ If you're referring to the former ones, I wish to God they stop eating so much damn food drowned in curry and tumeric as their farts nearly melt the flesh off my bones and the latter ones that we encounter in our store almost always seem to do some sort of chanting and looked they're tripping on Peyote.
tzmith17

Jan 4, 2011, 2:49 PM
What about this makes him an Indian?
The 1

Jan 4, 2011, 3:30 PM
as in India! I understand! ๐Ÿ˜
melrhodes

Mar 7, 2011, 8:29 AM
Indians won't stop until they get what they want.
phantom mullet

Dec 29, 2010, 3:41 PM
"Hi, my name is Russ and I'm at Store #666. I'm just calling in because..."

These calls are the worst for a sales agent. The most you can hope for is to trick the guy into putting the customer on the line so I can steal the sale. And yes, I will do that.

Store reps, you know we make money based on conversion rates. Stop calling me.

When I was a sup in Sprint Telesales a Best Buy rep called one of my agents for 'help activating a phone'. The Best Buy rep had sold them, but hadn't yet attached the phones to lines for the customer. I told my rep to activate the new lines and program the phones.

The store rep escalated to me and I laughed at him. Good times.
TMO-MAN

Dec 30, 2010, 4:27 PM
OMG finally. The Stupidest thing is when a Store Rep calls Telesales. HELLO!!!!! We have a Retail Support Department I wonder what they are for?!?!?! Maybe for you to call. Because yes I will ask to speak with the customer and Yes I will try to steal the sale. That is my job to make sales. And 9 times out of 10 telesales has better promos than the stores because we can replicate the online prices. Dont call me and waste my time unless you want me to steal the sale (which i am quite good at).
justfinethanku

Jan 8, 2011, 2:53 PM
"I'll steal your sale"

Hopefully you get fired.
me12

Jan 8, 2011, 3:35 PM
Question: How and Why would a Phone Rep get fired for doing their job? Our Job is to offer the best pricing and whatever the customer needs. Store reps call US to get what they need done... To bad so sad... Suck it. ๐Ÿ™„
justfinethanku

Jan 8, 2011, 4:08 PM
stealing other sales associates sales is not only wrong, but 100% against company policy.
me12

Jan 8, 2011, 4:59 PM
No sir it is not. I duno who you work for, but its common sense to not get SALES on the line if you want anything. You get Customer Care. Where they cannot match everything and more. SALES is here to SELL (key word) Store reps are scumbags because they lie and lie to customers. Good example is I just had a phone call saying that we would credit the price of the 200$ phone they just bought instore... I advised my customer that if he returns the phone I will upgrade him to the same phone for free... but I will not (even if I could) credit for a phone bought in store...

Again, if you think we are scum just because we are here to do our job of SELL, then get into a different business or just know the right people to call.
hobble

Mar 27, 2011, 4:55 PM
My boss lost a sale to sprint because of this. I laughed, she did not.
tmorep03

Jan 10, 2011, 10:46 AM
not really if the store is offering a phone for 50 dollars and the rep calls us in telesales and we can offer it for free what is wrong with that. We are givn the customer a better deal and saving them money up front.
phantom mullet

Jan 10, 2011, 11:17 AM
Don't be butthurt. My job is to sell phones. There are no policies against 'stealing' sales within Sprint.

And yes, when a store calls me I generally try to make their job harder.

Maybe store reps should start doing their own job and stop expecting us to help. Sales is a cutthroat business, princess. If you can't handle it go play customer service.

Seriously.

PS. At the end of the day I'm not concerned with helping the customer. I'm here to make as much money as I can. Save the sob stories.
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 4, 2011, 4:26 PM
phantom mullet said:
If you can't handle it go play customer service.

no need to bag on customer service. our job is just as difficult, if not more, as a sales job.
dj89

Mar 27, 2011, 5:02 PM
I take offense to the implication that customer care is for sissies.
Kineticboy2001

Mar 29, 2011, 2:19 PM
PS. At the end of the day I'm not concerned with helping the customer. I'm here to make as much money as I can. Save the sob stories.

Wow, either you're a great father and husband or the biggest jerk ever. Sales is where you belong with that attitude. I wish I could get out of sales, I'm getting paid to bleed customers dry when all I want to do is help them.

Helping the customer out is the primary goal of any business. If there is no customer satisfaction there is no customer, and therefore no business.
herbz

May 19, 2011, 4:59 PM
ok you diss on customer care yet we are the ones haveing to deal with store f#uck ups and more common telesales F#ck ups. i mean i have to do more credit for telesales then a store. telesales is just full of F#ck tards who cant keep a promise.
guitarhero73

Jun 6, 2011, 11:38 PM
This is why I hang up on telesales now. I wait long to see if they're asking about a service credit or adding a line. If not, it's the release button.
OrionsVantage

Jun 7, 2011, 1:04 AM
Why do you sprint people even call telesales? Does sprint not have both an indirect channel support team and simple customer service?
AlwaysConfused

Jun 6, 2011, 12:32 PM
Oh you silly telesales. As in-store customer service do you have any idea how many times I have had to fix all the errors you make when you try to hastily make a sale? 9 times out of 10 telesale reps are morons.

And regarding stealing sales, dont worry. At least a dozen times I have had tele-sales call me asking for help on how to set-up a certain plan, add a line, etc and I just end up fixing it up so it looks like one of our reps made the sale.
uscc88

Jan 8, 2011, 5:13 PM
wow man, calm down...and do you really have service with all those companies on your profile?
justfinethanku

Jan 8, 2011, 6:04 PM
embarrassingly enough.... yeah
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 4, 2011, 4:09 PM
TMO-MAN said:
we can replicate the online prices.

really? ๐Ÿ˜ณ then i'll just start transfering customers to you that want new phones, but at the online price. ๐Ÿ™‚
BMDroid

Mar 29, 2011, 7:24 PM
this is why I don't let them talk to you.
me12

Mar 30, 2011, 10:39 AM
good for you, try calling the correct dept. Dumbarse. ๐Ÿ™„
me12

Jan 3, 2011, 8:34 PM
Customer who verifies account before even giving you the cell phone number. ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

With these people I like to:
1) Let them finish "verifying the account"
2) Them inform them that I do not have any information to run off of because you neglected to give me the cell #.
3) Then ask them to re-verify Everything Including the Home Phone and Email. And sometimes even ask them to repete things because 'the line cut out'.

I find doing the above relieve my pressure from these kinds of customers.
tzmith17

Jan 4, 2011, 2:55 PM
These are always foreigners who cant speak a lick of English and cant seem to understand that you're not calling about the bill, that you are calling to sell them something.

Then the get very angry and start speaking in they're native tongue before hanging up.
Eruaphadion

Mar 25, 2011, 11:57 AM
LOL I get those all the time, I am with T-Mobile's outbound program and probably a quarter of the people I call think I am in collections or something - The worst ones are the ones who have lived in the US all their lives and yet still think I am a collections cal even though I plainly state at the top of the call that this is a Sales/Courtesy Call.
tzmith17

Mar 28, 2011, 11:08 AM
Me too! Gotta love CP ๐Ÿ˜‰
Eruaphadion

Mar 29, 2011, 1:04 PM
Yep, and the whole extended lunch because of the computers going down pretty much weekly... ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
shawn278

Apr 20, 2011, 11:38 AM
extended lunch
per handbook, CP can force you to take your lunch at any given hour per current call volume/technical etc BUT can NOT force you to take more than your scheduled lunch. if you are at your hour alotted time for lunch they have to pay you to be here. not this extended lunch stay here on the premisis wait till our systems are back up BS, tell your supervisor that your lunch is used up and you want to know what aux code they would like you to use while you wait. anything but Lunch is fine.
tmorep03

Jan 7, 2011, 11:04 AM
My favorite are the ones who are to stupid to get to the right department but complain they have been on the phone with the company for 5 hrs and they hang up when u put them on hold to get them to the right person after 10 seconds of being on hold. Those are the best customers out there
Joby Dick

Jan 7, 2011, 12:14 PM
These types of customers are either:

a. Engineers
b. Autistic Savants
c. Sociopaths
d. Lonely old people

They ask, in the most scrutinizing detail, every question that could possibly be asked about my product. Everything from processor clock rates and screen resolution, to the exact tax and fee structures. After (at least) an hour of Q&As, they inform you that they will be doing external research before purchasing the product.

They never come back. Instead, my hard work goes to an online service like wirefly.
ghepau

Mar 4, 2011, 5:23 PM
atleast some of them actually thanks you for your time and all the info you provided. but most of these type would even have the guts to let you know that you help them a lot, and "oh look, letstalk.com offered this same phone for only 29.99.. thanks bye"

omg
craptacularwireless

Jan 7, 2011, 2:44 PM
These stories make me laugh. I'm so glad I no longer have to deal with this. I stopped working in the business three years ago. I did it for three years and that was enough for me.
Dollgrin

Jan 8, 2011, 4:07 PM
I just want to say that some of these are really funny, and some of these aren't so much the customer as it is the rep "playing games" with them. Maybe its your "games" and taking out frustrations on some custsomers because you're mad at others? I've been working with phone sales for a while, both corporate and 3rd party, so I know that we all get customers sometimes that are just super rediculous. It's one thing to have a crazy customer, and it's another to take out "hating your job" on a customer who has probably never worked with phones and doesn't know much about how everything works. Just sayin'...
olderthandirt

Jan 8, 2011, 5:31 PM
The I have a phone that does more than I can even begin to understand (smartphone). Got it because it looks cool and I have no idea about anything it can do. Do not have a computer and do not know how to work one at all
Chaos

Jan 8, 2011, 6:43 PM
I actually sell a lot of smart phones to these types of people. They come in for a few months with questions but after that they don't return until its time to upgrade to another smart phone.
olderthandirt

Jan 8, 2011, 5:41 PM
Heart of Gold
Way out of their depth with a smart phone
no matter what you do it is more than they can process.
guitarhero73

Jan 8, 2011, 6:40 PM
Custy's who call in and announce during the call they are recording this call (usually telling me around the time I'm wrapping up the call).

Immediately I tell them I didn't give them permission to tape the conversation. Some have tried to tell me they told me at the beginning of the call they were typing, which is a lie.

They also like to use the excuse that Sprint records all their calls so why can't the customer record it and that the customer didn't give Sprint permission to record the conversation? I simply tell them we tell them at the beginning in the automated system they announce it's for training purposes and quality assurance. I also tell them when they hear that they are free to disconnect the call if they don't want to be ...
(continues)
foxiangel5

Oct 20, 2011, 1:25 PM
why cant a customer record you? i had a customer come into my store carrying on about something a rep "said" (or did not say) over the phone thent hey pull out their cell phone with the conversation recorded. I'm always like, wow.....that rep sucked.....

i know customers lie believe me...but its not always the customer and i think they have the right to record the call...or at least receive a copy of what your company recorded.

am i wrong? not trying to instigate, just want to understand.
awcidy

Jun 25, 2012, 6:57 PM
Well according to the law, it's illegal. Unless the person gives them permission to record them, and at a call center that's when you have to escalate the call. Depending on the call center though. Not all calls are recorded either depending on the call center. Most places just say "This call MAY be monitored or recorded..." May. Not will. It's all about the Patriot Act or something, couldn't tell you for sure. But recording someone without their knowledge is illegal.
me12

Jan 14, 2011, 9:57 PM
Them: "I just saw this text msg on my phone and I called the number"

Me: "Did the text msg say anything?"

Them "I don't know I didn't read it... was I supposed to?"

๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ™„
iljaaf21

Jan 15, 2011, 4:49 PM
You're the dumb here.
me12

Jan 17, 2011, 2:56 PM
๐Ÿ˜ Thank you!
Poking Pixie

Jan 17, 2011, 12:49 PM
Calls in about data overages on one of his lines, and spends more of the call beaching about his home internet service than talking about how his granddaughter "accidentally sat on" the internet button on her phone on 10 different occasions to the tune of 6.23mb. Riiiiiiiiight. ๐Ÿ™„
KioskGuy

Jan 17, 2011, 3:20 PM
Basically the guy that threatens you with bodily harm, whether directly or by saying, "I better leave or I'm gonna get in trouble/go to jail/get arrested." Yeah, dude, hit me, because that's gonna solve your issue.
fleurdemiel

Apr 10, 2011, 5:16 PM
ROFL, that's great. One of my favorite times on the phone was with a gent who had this ginormous deposit.. the usual "you did this to me" etc etc, and just to make himself feel bigger, in his own very Doc Oc voice, he said:

"Well, ****, I work for AT*T, and you just seriously f***ed up." (CLICK)
dg55

Jan 22, 2011, 7:50 PM
This customer makes a living on getting something for nothing. They know to escalate to the highest possible level because they learned that tip from Oprah. They read the internet and know exactly the latest and most effective way to get the most for their buck.

They call over and over demanding breaks and saying how valuable of a customer they are until they get the reps who slips up and gives wrong information about a deal or promises something to get them to stop calling than calls back quoting that and try to not only get that deal but demand an even better one.

If you look at their history, you see that they get the latest and greatest phone at two year pricing every 3-6 month and usually with an additional discount and you ...
(continues)
Da_Bonehead

Jan 24, 2011, 12:17 PM
I have seen this in my store from one individual. and as soon as we get a phone better than a Galaxy S he will be in for that as well.
RobbieJnn

Jan 24, 2011, 3:15 PM
dg55 said:
This customer makes a living on getting something for nothing. They know to escalate to the highest possible level because they learned that tip from Oprah. They read the internet and know exactly the latest and most effective way to get the most for their buck.

They call over and over demanding breaks and saying how valuable of a customer they are until they get the reps who slips up and gives wrong information about a deal or promises something to get them to stop calling than calls back quoting that and try to not only get that deal but demand an even better one.

If you look at their history, you see that they get the latest and greatest phone at two year pricing every 3-6 month and usually with
(continues)
foxiangel5

Oct 20, 2011, 1:30 PM
i had a guy do this in my store....im an indirect and cant push upgrades through early -nor should i...but this guy acutally had a recording ON HIS PHONE of a rep telling his he could get a new phone for 2year price....i gave thim the number for customer service and let them deal with him --- sorry but it wasnt my eff up to deal with ---he eventually got what he wanted..irritating me...
olderthandirt

Jan 23, 2011, 1:45 PM
I don't have my bill but I know you charged me for this service regardless of what my unseen bill says. I want credit for that charge that you say already was credited and shows on the bill I have not looked at yet.
me12

Jan 24, 2011, 6:53 PM
The Billing Address Half Verified... always happens people just give you the street address, we require full address.

I hoped I would not get anyone DUMB enough to verify a PO Box as just PO Box 000... well it just happened... she threw a tantrum at me for not knowing the rest of the address....???
slolearner

Jan 24, 2011, 7:27 PM
This customer will NOT upgrade until out of contract. Not at 16-18 months on his primary, nor 20 months on his secondaries.

"Oh no, I should just wait until my contract is up..."

This is usually the same customer that believes that nothing can change about his/her plan until the contract is up AND that any action on their account is going to change their old plan to a newer, more expensive plan.
Candall

Jan 24, 2011, 7:58 PM
If he's a Sprint customer with a smartphone, then starting on January 31st, he's absolutely right.
callcenterrep69

Feb 1, 2011, 10:19 AM
(And I don't mean Alicia Silverstone ๐Ÿคค )This guy/gal calls in complaining about everything yet not knowing what the issue really is...the bill's too high, but doesn't know what they should be billed for.
Their phone doesn't work but all the features are functioning.
Then I offer to upgrade but they have no clue what kind of phone they want to upgrade to. ๐Ÿ™„
melrhodes

Feb 3, 2011, 7:54 AM
they have nothing to do but waste other people's time
callcenterrep69

Feb 3, 2011, 9:02 AM
That, or, see how much they could possibly irritate other people while they're working. I wonder if they'd do the same to a boxer or mma fighter while they're working?
melrhodes

Feb 3, 2011, 9:31 AM
if they wish to die or be hospitalized
yes
callcenterrep69

Feb 3, 2011, 12:20 PM
what if WE wish such a demise??? ๐Ÿ‘€
XMegadeathX

Feb 1, 2011, 11:57 AM
These are the people that call in straight out cussing up a storm about all the problems and issues they are having.When you ask them for the number and look it up it does not pull up an account. They get more mad and say it is active and you ask them what carrier they have and its not your carrier its somebody else.Damn do they feel stupid when you tell them they called the wrong carrier.
Iove2transfercustomers

Feb 9, 2011, 9:05 PM
wow
ghepau

Mar 4, 2011, 5:44 PM
yeah, here in sprint we have the same problem..

virgin mobile and boost mobile now calls sprint but we don't have support of them yet unless they're calling to buy phones.

that, also ruins stats
Fredd

Feb 1, 2011, 12:08 PM
about any and every phone that is now, was in the past, or may be in the future capable of using your company's network.
RobbieJnn

Feb 1, 2011, 7:19 PM
me12

Mar 2, 2011, 6:42 PM
I dont really mind when people's children call in to do stuff, when they are sitting next to them watching what they say and helping verify.

However when these devil children get a hold of us when the parents arn't around they can get crazy.

I just had the pleasure of speaking with one, our Customer Care group called in saying that the young man was on the other line looking to get a free iPhone, and would not verify the account. I agree to take the call because the rep sounded like he might cry if I did not. First thing this boy says to me is
"If you do not send me this iPhone for free I'm guna whoop yo a$$."

Ok well first off I cannot send any iPhone for any other price then what I show, which is never free, secondly I will need...
(continues)
SavageKitty

Mar 2, 2011, 6:53 PM
In change of address we used to send out a text message. The message would say call this number and correct your address. I had a little boy call in and tell me his moms phone said to call. Since it is policy I asked the PIN/sec. question. He responded with my address is....... I again said I need sec. info he stated he did not know this but his address is.... Finally I asked is his mom there , no she is at the store. Well please have her call back and correct her address. He said okay bye.
serendair

Mar 2, 2011, 7:45 PM
I'da asked that child to put his father on the phone and we'll see about the iPhone. It's amazing how many children will suddenly hang up the phone when you tell them to put their parents on the line.
me12

Mar 5, 2011, 10:56 AM
I did ask for his Daddy, and he told me

"Bit(h you don't need to speak with that ***..."
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 4, 2011, 9:01 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
xZuchinix

May 10, 2011, 9:04 PM
guess im lucky, cust i usually get the children that accept what i say, but then theres the times when mommy doesnt agree and i have the pleasure of speaking with "mrs. i-need-to-go-play-in-traffic"
ghepau

Mar 4, 2011, 4:58 PM
a type of customer who calls in and wants to talk to customer service but end up talking to telesales because when she dials *2 from her phone she just pressed zero one or two or any number without listening to the options on what he's calling in about..

the story didn't end there.. since he was on the wrong department he'll be upset that after he discuss all his rants about his phone you'll respond and let him know he is talking to telesales( bec. of course we can't cut him out, it's not polite.)

poor telesales, you have one stupid call added plus a dose of stress. ๐Ÿคฃ
island_chica

Mar 17, 2011, 8:41 PM
Your caller went from being a girl to a man halfway through your story...that's a special type of caller...
pickles

Mar 17, 2011, 9:09 PM
island_chica said:
Your caller went from being a girl to a man halfway through your story...you're a special type of storyteller...

fixed ๐Ÿ˜
island_chica

Mar 17, 2011, 9:15 PM
Hahaha thanks for the help doll! ๐Ÿ˜‰
ghepau

Mar 21, 2011, 3:43 PM
๐Ÿ˜‰
i stand corrected
ghepau

Mar 4, 2011, 5:42 PM
type of customer who calls telesales to do esn swap activating a phone from insurance, from a friend or newly upgraded phone

... ruins conversion...sucks
Mikey C

Mar 5, 2011, 4:16 PM
Ive got a few come in to do nothing but to shoot the sh*t for an hour once a week. Dont buy nothing, just come to ask dumb@ssed questions and see how buisness is going. And then have the nerve to buy somwhere else.
Mikey C

Mar 5, 2011, 4:52 PM
i know this makes me sound like a d*ck, but this is my biggest pet peeve. If youre going to waste so much of my time with BS please realize youre taking out of my pocket with potential customers that might BUY something. Or at least let me close the shop on time.
Mephistopheles

May 16, 2013, 4:25 PM
empathy 2.0
wire420

Mar 17, 2011, 7:47 AM
These customers are often found roaming around with a reoccuring issue. These customers will spend all but the last couple of minutes cussing, screaming, fighting, and being rude annoying and usually thick the whole call. But right at the end of the call (whether or not you gave them what they want) they will all always apologize usually saying things like "I know it's not your fault..." or "I'm really sorry I said X Y and Z but..." or "I'm sorry, I'm just really frustrated"
callcenterrep69

Mar 17, 2011, 9:11 AM
I know those peeps...their appology has no soul!
wire420

Mar 17, 2011, 4:57 PM
nope they never do.
me12

Mar 21, 2011, 4:13 PM
I had one earlier, he sounded genuine but... I dont think he was => ๐Ÿ˜ˆ is probs what he looks like!
kendrat

Mar 18, 2011, 5:45 AM
I dislike the ones that are idiotic, jerks, the one that thinks you are customer care but you are not, the ones that have been a customer for 30+ plus years and demend they get a phone that just came out free, the kind that make up stupid lies to get a phone. the ones I love are the ones that are understanding about what you tell them and go on about their lives. ๐Ÿคฃ
MissingPerson

Mar 21, 2011, 1:22 PM
This customer is the model of who you enjoy talking to. They are polite. They know the steps to the call before you even ask. Then, while your listening to their issue, you instantly notice that they are trying to commit fruad. Your "model" customer is now guilty. You call them out w/o saying "fraud" and they freeze. They try their best to get ahold of the situation; make you feel like you can trust them, but they fail because you know better. Eventually they give up and dissconnect the call. Then you bask in your own glory and pound your chest with joy.
poperp98

Mar 21, 2011, 4:22 PM
(In other words, every customer)

Believes you or other people work magic. Be it with pooping a phone out of your bum that is awesome, has no contract, is for normal customers too-much-to-pay-for-but-she-should-automagica lly-get-for-free.

The other side of this is the customer that believes you're not performing all the magic you really should be able to. You know, his brother was making calls just fine in a desert, but his non-roamable phone has no nearby towers *in a desert*. Oh, and to fix his issue would require more towers for his non-roamable (Nextel) phone.
In the desert.
In.
The.
Desert.
The Desert.
Dessert is delicious!
me12

Mar 22, 2011, 9:58 AM
+1 internetz for you my friend! ๐Ÿ˜
BMDroid

Mar 28, 2011, 4:45 PM
Yo yo yo how much fo dis? Naw hell naw I wants me da prepaid. Whatyall do now bitches??

And yes the pants around his ankles do cost more than the phones...
me12

Mar 28, 2011, 4:56 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

Funny how they don't mind spending hundreds on jeans and shoes but when it comes to the latest and greatest phone they want that for free.... ๐Ÿ™„
BMDroid

Mar 28, 2011, 4:49 PM
Me: phones free, service is cheapest around, its what you came in wanting, but cheaper than you expected. I even printed out the prices of the competitors. Everythings free. Yes you get credits too. Yes activation is free.

Patel: No that's still not good enough.

Me: Ok what if I throw in a free cruise to hawaii?

Patel: No that's still too much.

Me: Ok I'll cut out a kidney and give you my left arm. Also I will follow you around for a month and roll out a red carpet everywhere you go and cover it with rose petals.

Patel: Let me think about it. *waves hand around*
melrhodes

Mar 30, 2011, 1:06 PM
time waster...
Admiral_Ackbar

Mar 30, 2011, 2:05 PM
My thoughts exactly. ๐Ÿคฃ
olderthandirt

Mar 29, 2011, 1:46 PM
now that we have totally bashed our customer base and if they could see this we would be in a real hurt, can we kill this thread.

Shows contempt and devaluation of actually helping them. We all know we have some really bad customers but we also have those that we can truely help when they need more than a plan change.

I have had calls where we made a difference and those are the ones that keep me coming back to a min wage job each day.
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 29, 2011, 2:41 PM
this thread is epic, perhaps the longest lasting for Shop Talk. i doubt this thread would be customer inpacting, seeing as how no one has specified what carrier they're with.
me12

Mar 29, 2011, 4:03 PM
I'm really proud of this thread... I don't want to let it die... ๐Ÿ˜ข

Sometimes, you just gotta vent about the customers you incounter and this is the place to do it! ๐Ÿ™‚ I feel like its a service to my fellow co-workers, be it in the same company as myself or not. ๐Ÿ˜‰
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 29, 2011, 6:16 PM
i thank you for this thread, it has been very entertaining.

do we work together? ๐Ÿคจ
me12

Mar 29, 2011, 6:25 PM
I dont think so, you work for the cheap company right? (Trying not to mention any names)
me12

Mar 29, 2011, 6:25 PM
Oh and Thank You!

I didn't think it would last so long-
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 29, 2011, 6:42 PM
me12 said:

I didn't think it would last so long-

that's what she said ๐Ÿคฃ
I'm immature sometimes ๐Ÿคญ
me12

Mar 29, 2011, 6:56 PM
LMAO

genius!
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 29, 2011, 3:04 PM
the ones who get credits that they don't deserve, probably because they were being such b*****s that the rep they talked to befor just caved. the ones who get what they want once, even though it is against policy, and demand that it be done again. sorry, but f*** you, im not getting in trouble for your punk ***.
me12

Mar 29, 2011, 3:42 PM
I dont think I've ever seen you cuss so much!

๐Ÿ˜

I like it!
dj89

Mar 29, 2011, 4:07 PM
(S)he must've just had a bad call...
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 29, 2011, 6:19 PM
i posted that right after the call ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 29, 2011, 6:20 PM
used to do it a lot more, but after being banned so many times, you stop
me12

Mar 29, 2011, 6:24 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
comander60

Mar 31, 2011, 7:16 AM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ let them know that is was against policy when it was done, they were lucky to have received the credit or whatever they got. "I will do the research,and most likely the credit will be reversed." Most will hang up. ๐Ÿคฃ
lh1031

Mar 29, 2011, 4:21 PM
No matter what they are right an you are wrong. And they interrupt everything.

"No sir the premium data is not for 4g service it is actually..."
"I know the 10 dollars is 4g"

"Actually, when I look at your account I see your bill this much is the same as last month."
"Well look again cause I paid X last month"

"Unfortunately, I can not troubleshoot your phone not turning on over the phone. I would need you to take it into a local store, so they can..."
"Well stop lieing and fix my phone."
Researcher

Jun 4, 2011, 12:47 PM
They put some one else on the phone who is dumber than the first!
BMDroid

Mar 29, 2011, 5:41 PM
M: blah blah blah does this and that

CEO: I own my own company. I have hundreds of cell phones, no thousands. But I'm here to buy one for myself, even though the one I'm holding is a 10 dolar clamshell from 2006. Feel my superiority. Revel in it. I do not care what you have to offer but I will drive through rush hour and pretend I'm a big shot anyway. Feel my superiority. Revel in it.

M: ...
:s

CEO: Hahahaha I'm such a big shot but I for some reason don't require data plans. Even though I have this giant company with thousands of employees. Whos phones I also pay for.

M: Is your break over?

CEO: :s
M: :s
ATTDRONEV2.5

Mar 29, 2011, 6:13 PM
BMDroid said:
M: blah blah blah does this and that

CEO: I own my own company. I have hundreds of cell phones, no thousands. But I'm here to buy one for myself, even though the one I'm holding is a 10 dolar clamshell from 2006. Feel my superiority. Revel in it. I do not care what you have to offer but I will drive through rush hour and pretend I'm a big shot anyway. Feel my superiority. Revel in it.

M: ...
:s

CEO: Hahahaha I'm such a big shot but I for some reason don't require data plans. Even though I have this giant company with thousands of employees. Whos phones I also pay for.

M: Is your break over?

CEO: :s

CEO: looks at watch.. O No! they're gonna write me up!... runs from store
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 29, 2011, 6:23 PM
good one
Joby

Mar 29, 2011, 6:49 PM
This is probably the longest thread I've ever seen on PS.

+1
me12

Mar 29, 2011, 6:57 PM
Yessir!! I'm proud of my baby! ๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm glad to have 1 pointz now
Joby

Mar 29, 2011, 7:09 PM
+68 for pictures...
me12

Mar 30, 2011, 9:59 AM
I have pictures on my facebook.

I will Never post anything that could compromise my integrity
Joby

Mar 30, 2011, 12:35 PM
I was just teasing. You're on FBK's fb right?
me12

Mar 30, 2011, 12:50 PM
Yessir ๐Ÿ™‚
BMDroid

Mar 29, 2011, 7:27 PM
M: hi you guys interested in new phones or you don't use us yet?

C: Actually we want to price match with X company. As you can see here we have a billion papers printed out from them. We also have special deals and packages they don't offer in store. And discounts that are only available online. And phone deals that are also over the phone. But we felt like we'd come here and price match anyway.

M: -asks a series of questions to determine their needs-
M: -reviews their offer-
M: Actually what they told you is incorrect for all the things you want it will be XX.

C: No, that's just not right. *puzzled expression on face* *worry* *sweat starting to glisten brow* Honey, I think we got all we need here let's go.

M: Whatever ****.
BMDroid

Mar 29, 2011, 7:32 PM
M: Sir you've been here every single day bitching left and right and threatening law suits. Sum up your problem in one statement so that we may resolve it.

C: It never works.

(keep in mind this asshole cant use his phone and its working fine right infront of me)

M: Well sir that's why we give you a grace period to try the phones. Since you didn't take them back the contract started. you can save yourself thousands of dollars if you cancel now and don't stay with us for two years.

C: But I want to sue!

M: Ok sue. WTF do I care I stand behind a ****ing cash register all day who the **** do you think I am go **** yourself.

C: :s
M: ๐Ÿ˜
C: But I want to bitch!
M: Cancel or leave! We're done helping! We don't care! you're not ...
(continues)
dj89

Mar 29, 2011, 7:40 PM
A lot of anger in this one.
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 29, 2011, 8:12 PM
yes
BMDroid

Mar 29, 2011, 7:36 PM
M: Yes your phone isn't turning on but since you have insurance we can certainly replace it with no deductable. It will only take a few days to ship to your house and we have loaner phones in the mean time so you stay connected.

C: But I don't want to use my insurance! I don't want to waste my time! I want this 500$ free right now. You have more in teh back, I know cause I just got this 2 months ago. Why can't I get another one?

M: *furrows brow* Because you are not purchasing a phone.

C: MARSHA MARSHA MARSHA!!!

M: OUT BITCH! OUT!!
BMDroid

Mar 29, 2011, 7:39 PM
M: Yes that's right the full price you see is 500$ but with a contract it will only be $100.

C: But I don't want no contract.

M: Sir, even with the early temination fee, coupled with the new price of the phone, it will still be several hundred dollars less than the price to buy it at full cost outright.

C: Pish posh I matter.

M: Srsly, you don't.

M: :>
fleurdemiel

Apr 18, 2011, 3:24 PM
๐Ÿ˜Ž

If I met a customer on the phone who was sincere enough to say "pish posh, I matter" I think I'd be forced to give it to them ๐Ÿ˜‰
BMDroid

Mar 31, 2011, 8:47 PM
C: What's with this 200$ bill?!?!?! WTF?!?!?

M: It seems your daughter has been downloading games, ringtones, and using the internet which isn't on the plan. We can add the internet and backdate it, but can't help the other charges.

C: WTF? My daughter would never ever do that!

M: No srsly here's a list of IP addresses and here are the services downloaded.

C: What? This is way too complicated!@ My perfect little angel wouldn;'t do that. She's only 18! And why did you charge her for calling from mexico and using the internet!! She needed to call me! Even though she was at a resort with other rich americans.

C: >E

M: Ma'am your daughter is outside making out with some guy that stands on teh corner slinging dimebags ...
(continues)
pickles

Apr 3, 2011, 8:52 PM
cool story bro
BMDroid

Apr 1, 2011, 2:52 PM
M: blah blah blah this has what you need

C: Yeah but pretty soon phones will be able to project 3d holograms into the air.

C: :>

M: When will that be?

M: I read it in popular science it should be reality within the next decade.

M: So until then you're going to use your samsung t149 flip phone?

C: One day phones will have anal sex with you and also let you teleport around town.

M: :s leave

me12

Apr 3, 2011, 11:25 AM
Really? ๐Ÿคจ
pickles

Apr 3, 2011, 8:51 PM
cool story bro
BMDroid

Apr 4, 2011, 3:24 PM
place fist here bro
me12

Apr 4, 2011, 3:44 PM
Hey noob... shh! ๐Ÿคจ
pickles

Apr 4, 2011, 4:17 PM
good one kid. here's 10 cool points.
me12

Apr 4, 2011, 4:31 PM
Thanks dude
me12

Apr 4, 2011, 4:36 PM
wait was that directed at me or him ?
pickles

Apr 5, 2011, 7:34 AM
smh
BMDroid

Apr 7, 2011, 4:52 PM
you spelled kewl wrong
pickles

Apr 10, 2011, 9:27 PM
a tall building to jump off of, i mean.
MadLib

Apr 7, 2011, 5:08 PM
Me: Hello how can I help you?

BMDroid: (2 hours of nonsensical BS)

Me: Please leave, because your unrelenting ignorance is entirely intolerable, and you've made it a blatant point that your objective is only to annoy myself and others around me.

BMDroid: (yet more unrelenting ignorance)

Me: MKAY, I'm going on lunch. You have yourself a nice day, big guy. KTHXBAI!
callcenterrep69

Apr 12, 2011, 6:46 AM
>โ˜น๏ธ

๐Ÿคฃ
BMDroid

Apr 12, 2011, 12:00 PM
Pfft nonsensical bs I outsell entire districts.
MadLib

Apr 12, 2011, 12:26 PM
u mad?
BMDroid

Apr 12, 2011, 12:55 PM
lol no you're not original I was disappointed at your complete and utter lack of wit I expect more from the internetz
MadLib

Apr 12, 2011, 12:59 PM
I expect better trolling from you. I'll give you half a point for at least trying to make me mad.
BMDroid

Apr 12, 2011, 2:32 PM
MadLib said:
I expect better trolling from you. I'll give you half a point for at least trying to make me mad.

I'm a minotaur.
pickles

Apr 12, 2011, 1:51 PM
BMDroid said:
lol no you're not original I was disappointed at your complete and utter lack of wit I expect more from the internetz

that's how i felt when i first started seeing posts from this "BMDroid" fella. i don't even read your posts anymore.
BMDroid

Apr 12, 2011, 2:34 PM
My pickles bigger.
pickles

Apr 13, 2011, 4:24 PM
good one kid. can't stop laughing at you.
BMDroid

Apr 14, 2011, 2:07 PM
I bet you use an iphone.
dj89

Apr 14, 2011, 2:24 PM
Hey. You can't be throwing insults like that in here.
pickles

Apr 14, 2011, 3:46 PM
lol try nokia. and even if i did use an iPhone i would be less of a fanboy than you.
callcenterrep69

Apr 17, 2011, 8:39 AM
that's not nice! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
MadLib

Apr 17, 2011, 10:33 AM
a sciphone. You know, that crappy ripoff of the iPhone? Its total lack of class would represent you so wonderfully!
Iove2transfercustomers

Apr 8, 2011, 5:21 PM
this thread is still epic. that is all.
me12

Apr 9, 2011, 10:01 AM
thanx ๐Ÿคญ
Mossberg

Apr 9, 2011, 12:13 PM
I bet it's the biggest ps thread ever.
me12

Apr 9, 2011, 12:27 PM
Thanks to everyone who posted here, maybe.

Unless you are being sarcastic then thanx
harvestcellular

Jul 31, 2013, 4:52 AM
haha
cstone

Apr 8, 2011, 8:57 PM
Rep: Hi thanks for calling (insert carrier name here.) How are you today?

Cust: I pressed the wrong button can you transfer me.

Rep: Oh I'm sorry to hear that, what was it that you were looking to do today?

Cust: Look! I told you I need to be transfered!

Rep: I completely understand (sir or ma'am,) but I need to make sure that you end up in the right department.

Cust: Well whatever then, I'll just call back! *Click*

Rep: Well have a great day waiting on hold repeatedly then biotch.
Mikey C

Apr 10, 2011, 6:24 PM
The kind that come in at six fifty nine when we close at seven.
KioskGuy

Apr 10, 2011, 8:39 PM
Even worse, the ones who come right after close for me.

Especially when they come in right as I'm closing down the kiosk, and I've already sealed the deposit bag-and they expect me to reopen the register so they can buy a $10 item. Yeah, no, sorry. Come back tomorrow.

But it's only 7:05!

Yeah, and I was supposed to be gone 5 minutes ago.
BMDroid

Apr 12, 2011, 10:52 AM
FU LAST MINUTE CUSTOMER! GO TO HELL! No I don't care if they're buying. But like, if they're not buying, and they're there for anything else whatsoever. FU LAST MINUTE CUSTOMER!!
Da_Bonehead

Apr 14, 2011, 11:31 AM
Those that come in a 1 minute before close and stay 15 minutes trying out phones and air cards but buy nothing.
Mikey C

Apr 17, 2011, 2:29 PM
In my case it was a prepaid customer with another company trying to put minutes on their phone. It took my manager 45 minutes to put the money on, find out it wasnt one of our phones, and refund the money.
xZuchinix

May 10, 2011, 9:33 PM
at least you can see the people coming. imagine seeing 9:29 and hear a pleasant *beeeep* all of a sudden all hell breaks loose and you're on the phone for a good hour getting yelled at cuz you didnt make a phone and you're not supporting your product. attempting to explain that you didnt make or sell the cust anything does only makes for longer yelling times.
BMDroid

Apr 12, 2011, 12:56 PM
C: Nokia.

medic6037

Apr 14, 2011, 10:27 AM
These are the people that you hear in the background saying well they did this and that, which in turn makes the person your're speaking with want the same thing. These people put the ideas in their head and then you have to deal with said ideas
Kineticboy2001

Apr 14, 2011, 5:17 PM
Haha, I was one at Gamestop the other day. I really wanted a game and my friend behind me was all, "Dude you shouldn't buy that." "But I want it." "No you don't."

And I didn't buy it. Got a game I only kinda wanted instead.
cynicaldreams

Apr 19, 2011, 8:33 PM
"PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEE EEEE *sob* I N-N-NEED M-Y P-PHONE O-ON *breaks down*"

I understand you love your phone, but please don't damage my hearing and make the call more awkward than it's supposed to be. Say you can't pay, tell me when you can pay, and we'll see what we can do about it...
medic6037

Apr 20, 2011, 10:46 AM
The best wailer i had was a lady who was having a breakdown over rollover minutes
cynicaldreams

Apr 21, 2011, 2:48 PM
What was the issue? Did she think she had more than she actually had?
medic6037

Apr 22, 2011, 9:09 AM
No. she changed her rate plan and they were capped
cynicaldreams

Apr 22, 2011, 1:28 PM
Well, tough. But you know how some customers are, in their own little fancy world, with candy cane forests, unicorns prancing in the backgroung, and an upgrade every two months.
Ejkbou

Jul 30, 2012, 9:46 PM
As ATT Rep, I could comp her 5000 rollover mins per day if I spoke with her daily. And we can credit 250.00 per cust per day as well. So I will wipe bills as crtsy and comp rollover left and right to WOW our customers, the new ATT policy.
cradle

May 27, 2015, 2:57 PM
right.... i work for at&t too and its like...they get onto us about credits but in turn will want us to credit everytime we ask for help... and theyll just tell us to credit the charge but write us up for high crediting. but yea I used to clear bills that are 3 months PD just to set a new payment arrangement.... or waive everrryyy freaking upgrade and activation fee... or good lord they got a restoral fee from not paying, yea that crap. oh you had 300 dollars in international calls to india but you sweaaarr you did not make.... you name is aosifnaoifj singh? or alsdkjgnfapdosijfgnq-iuearhg patel. realllyy you sure you didnt make those calls?
TkSilver

Apr 26, 2011, 2:54 PM
The worst wailer I've had was a customer who didn't know she had overages after moving to a roaming area and had a total nervous breakdown on the phone.
BMDroid

Apr 21, 2011, 10:04 AM
C: Yeah I work for motorola and we have all these elite phones that aren't out yet and will never see the light of day. But I'm going to waste your time and look at the same models everyone else has and the internet has and ask you questions about them. Sure we make millions of this same exact model and I have every possible spec on the thing including secret tests done to it. But I will look at it anyway.

MadLib

May 2, 2011, 9:26 PM
Let's keep this going.
Da_Bonehead

May 3, 2011, 11:13 AM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ

Longest thread i have ever seen.
medic6037

May 3, 2011, 11:39 AM
Their sense of self-entitlment puts them on a level of a good in their eyes. It's alweays funny to watch them stammer around looking for an excuse as to why i we owe them something in that crazy accent

C:I deserve Phone X becasue i've been a customer for years!

M:Oh well yes sir! Your 6 mth tenure entitles you to a free iPhone hand delivered by the CEO on a golden platter! *Bangs head on desk*
me12

May 3, 2011, 3:29 PM
This woman is just awful...
she has had service with us for 5 1/2 months. When she first signed up she wanted x phone however when talking to the rep she convinced her to get another phone... She can get Video Share on her phone however every time she uses it, it will cut out after 10 seconds or so...
Explained I would take the feature off her account- but that is just not good enough. She wants me to get her another phone at fully discounted price because she wasn't ballsy enough to tell the rep to Shut Up and get her the phone she really wanted.

Doesn't listen to any explanation, asks a million and 1 questions but will never let you answer them.

Finally she gives up as my explaintion stays the same,
"We cannot get you a fully di...
(continues)
melrhodes

May 4, 2011, 7:25 AM
stupid customer
me12

May 4, 2011, 10:40 AM
umhum... *shakes my head*
melrhodes

May 4, 2011, 10:49 AM
just got one similar to that

*slams head on the desk*
melrhodes

May 4, 2011, 10:52 AM
Da_Bonehead said:
C: My phone cant get internet and randomly dials

M: well let me take a look. I notice that your touch panel has some damage that may affect your phone operation.

C: Well my phone was doing this before I broke it. So it should be covered under warranty

M: Since it is broken It will not be covered under warranty.

C: But it was doing this before it was broken

M: I hate to say this but you should have brought it in when this problem first occurred.

C: well it was working fine before.

M: You just said it was not working before you broke it.

:SLAM HEAD ON DESK:

๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
me12

May 4, 2011, 11:27 AM
๐Ÿ™‚
soundwave

May 5, 2011, 4:27 PM
Thats almost as bad as when they have water damage to the phone, but claim its completely unrelated. Or "Yeah the screen is cracked, but thats not why the speaker doesnt work!
ilikefoodbye

May 5, 2011, 11:24 AM
Me: I just need to let you know that this call will be monitored and recorded for quality and training purposes.

c: No!

M: Well sir its the only way we can continue with the call.

c:I dont want you recordin' me!

M:I can understand that sir but its only for quality and training purposes.

c:Then you can go to h3ll!

M:You too sir thank you
wdfichtel

May 5, 2011, 2:27 PM
These are the ones who call in and insist their line is being tapped by their ex, or more often the federal government.

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're *not* all out to get you. ๐Ÿคฃ
ilikefoodbye

May 5, 2011, 2:47 PM
They were probly abducted by aliens and probed at some point in their lives
lbc1127

May 6, 2011, 8:02 AM
The customer who had service six months ago and decides to call in to ask if we can replace their tablet because it was stolen and sold by a family member. When we advise them they are no longer a customer, they flip out and say they have paid for insurance on their tablet so it should be replaced. These customers are kindly reminded that although they had insurance on their account, they've never actually paid a bill which is why they no longer have service with us. Oh by the way, you owe us $850.
No, I'm sorry you can't get new service with us until your balance is paid in full. Thank you, come again!
cradle

May 27, 2015, 3:01 PM
Oh I love the ones who say theyre recording us too.. SUre go ahead!
ilikefoodbye

May 6, 2011, 1:24 PM
Customer: *angrily* NO THANKS....THANK YOU
me12

May 10, 2011, 6:33 PM
It always seems to be the same everytime!

I go to verify the email and half way through they start saying the begining of the email... so it sounds like when I was in primary school which the little tea pot... same with the home phone number... URGH just WHY on earth would you think that helps???? ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
xZuchinix

May 10, 2011, 9:47 PM
The type that calls while at a concert/club/sporting/nascar event and needs you to be louder because this is the most opportune time to call.
callcenterrep69

May 11, 2011, 4:17 PM
They always throw it in your face why they should this or that waived but NEVER know how long the've been a customer. It always comes out something like: "Well, I've been a customer for I DON'T KNOW HOW LONG..." Really? If you can't throw a ball park figure at me, why should I care??? ๐Ÿ™„
xZuchinix

May 11, 2011, 6:24 PM
They make my ears bleed.
serendair

May 11, 2011, 10:07 PM
"Thank you for calling, _____, may I get the mobile number you're calling about, please?"

"*incoherant mumbling despite volume being cranked up to max*"

"I'm sorry, I didn't get that, could I get the number one more time please?"

"*sudden explitive filled tangent on how people can't speak ____ english and shouldn't be wasting their time before hanging up*"

Or even better, "I already GAVE it to you."

Sure did, you were too busy with your mouth fulla something to actually make sure it's clear; speak up, speak clearly, and swallow whatever you have in there or take it out of your mouth before you give me information. Thank you.
smazi

May 11, 2011, 11:46 PM
So many times I've wanted to ask people to call back after dinner, cause you can hear them eating on the phone and that's just gross!
didnt know

May 12, 2011, 11:40 AM
those customers that are sick.. and they start coughing or sneezing right to the speaker.. that makes my ears bleed!!

๐Ÿ‘ฟ "Mr. Customer.. could you please Not do that! at least not right to the speaker!" That's gross!
SavageKitty

May 12, 2011, 12:49 PM
The persons family member is dying or died. they have no money for .....
Their child, husband, brother etc is in jail

I am sorry I feel for these people but telling me all this will not get them a lower costing price plan
xZuchinix

May 12, 2011, 1:25 PM
The best one ever, "I have *fatal condition* and I need a free *insert high-end phone*, so I can be happy for the last few months of my life"
SavageKitty

May 12, 2011, 2:43 PM
๐Ÿคจ and when you die do we get the phone back in perfect condition?
xZuchinix

May 12, 2011, 3:16 PM
I would love to say that to someone
SavageKitty

May 12, 2011, 4:52 PM
๐Ÿคฃ that or I do apologize but I am not here to make you happy. I am here to make money ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
Iove2transfercustomers

May 13, 2011, 7:05 PM
the customer who makes unfunny jokes all thru the call, thus making the call awkward when i don't laugh.
pickles

May 13, 2011, 9:57 PM
we used to call MilkMan. He was creepy as all hell, and told the same "joke" every time.
Mossberg

May 13, 2011, 10:48 PM
I eeep
packers14

May 14, 2011, 9:34 AM
the guy right at the end of the convo that starts asking you if your married, and that i have a beautiful voice, or if he knew me he would fly me out to cali and buy me anything i wanted..come on buddy your tht lonely you have to hit on some random person on the phn?
lh1031

May 14, 2011, 9:44 AM
lol right! You dont know anythign about me except that I can swap your phone.

When that happens to me I will just casually mention my "husband" (Im not married) and it usually makes them say soemthing like "I hope he knows hes a lucky man." and then they stop.
packers14

May 14, 2011, 9:57 AM
i usually ignore them...sometimes they get it that i dont care what they think lol but some just dont know when to stop!
Poking Pixie

May 14, 2011, 10:56 AM
I've had several guys, when I give them the customer service number at the end of the call, ask if that is my personal home number. ๐Ÿ™„ Yeah, because I totally have an 866 home number. ๐Ÿ™„
me12

May 14, 2011, 12:59 PM
Hell yeah Pixi-poo, we all know you run a full service business outta your home!!!! ๐Ÿคฃ
Poking Pixie

May 14, 2011, 5:38 PM
I might make more money doing that, especially given certain unreasonable sales goals at work. ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ™„
me12

May 15, 2011, 5:20 PM
+1 my fiend
MadLib

May 15, 2011, 6:03 PM
I though Pixie and you were allies...
Emperor Palpatine

May 14, 2011, 6:12 PM
So that's Why we get so many caller's asking,"are you Pink?" ๐Ÿคจ is she available? when does she get off?

Stop it! ๐Ÿคฃ
Emperor Palpatine

May 14, 2011, 6:15 PM
Pixie.. not pink... can't read today ๐Ÿ˜ข
Giabels

Sep 25, 2013, 1:39 PM
I had a guy tell me he would give me a 0 score if I didn't give him my #. He did. ๐Ÿ˜ก
Poison Ivy

Sep 26, 2013, 4:09 PM
Good thing our calls get monitored to prevent these calls. Our surveys can be affected or "disqualified" if the cx says somethin' like this to us. ๐Ÿ˜
Troper

Sep 27, 2013, 4:48 PM
That eliminates 1/2 of the Big Four.
cradle

May 27, 2015, 3:09 PM
wish they did that with AT&T. its just left as is no changing.
didnt know

May 14, 2011, 10:02 AM
I think this is the only thread that is 6 months old and if you reply on it.. it won't be necro-posting! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
me12

May 14, 2011, 1:00 PM
๐Ÿ™‚ garcis.

Thank you to everyone who has helped make this thread a monster!!! Keep posting guys!!!

รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ you all รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ
didnt know

May 14, 2011, 2:30 PM
love this thread! ๐Ÿ˜
packers14

May 14, 2011, 3:21 PM
So your saying blah blah blah...
umm no I didnt not say that at all..
So now your lying and changing your story?
No again i never said that nor am i lying..
Yes yes you are..
then its usually a whole lot of swearing then transfered to a manager..love you customers.
didnt know

May 16, 2011, 5:07 PM
M: May I have your full address?

C: 185 Apt B.

M:*waiting*

C:*silence*

M: May I have the street name please?

C: hmm... Bird.. Byrd.. Drive.. Byrd street.

M: *waiting*

M: May I have the city and zip code please?

Godness! I'm tired of this!
me12

May 16, 2011, 5:36 PM
Then they just give you the zip....

huff when you ask for the city and state...

GRRRRRR ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
didnt know

May 16, 2011, 10:48 PM
right!!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
Iove2transfercustomers

May 17, 2011, 6:28 PM
the customers who call in and give you their name, and nothing else, and expect you to know who they are, and you magically already have their account up, waiting to serve them.

"why thank you Mr. Johnson, i'll go ahead and assist you with your account. i have your account in front of me all day, everyday, just waiting for you to call, and simply give me your name only. it's not like anyone else has your name. you are special. yes, your carrier knows YOU personally that you shouldn't have provide anything else. oh no, i don't need a ptn, nor pin from you." ๐Ÿ™„
tararatarara

May 17, 2011, 6:35 PM
there is one even funnier, the one that tells you the last 4 of the social security, come on!!!! i mean really?????รƒโ€šร‚ยฟรƒโ€šร‚ยฟรƒโ€šร‚ยฟรƒโ€šร‚ ยฟรƒโ€šร‚ยฟรƒโ€šร‚ยฟ
OrionsVantage

May 18, 2011, 10:17 AM
Verizon only requires the last four of the social if there is no password.
FaeLynne

May 18, 2011, 3:12 PM
I think he's referring to the people who expect you to be able to look up their account with only the last 4 digits of their SSN.
Iove2transfercustomers

May 17, 2011, 6:33 PM
that this thread has been alive for exactly 5 months. again, kudos to you me12.
me12

May 17, 2011, 6:53 PM
Oh yeah!!! *happy dance* ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜ ๐Ÿ˜

I would like to take the time again and thank each and everyone of you for helping keep my simple idea alive!! รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ รƒยขโ„ขร‚ยฅ
Da_Bonehead

May 18, 2011, 10:45 AM
This Thread is insanely Long. Kudos.
Iove2transfercustomers

May 23, 2011, 8:21 PM
the customer who tries to get their way all the time, mostly by threatening to cancel, but have no intention of going anywhere.

idk if anyone has posted this already. i'm so bored.
me12

May 31, 2011, 6:56 PM
me- Thank you for calling ____ my name is Me12, how may I assist you today?

customer- So, I am going to have an colenoscopy tomorrow and I wanted to know if my insurance covers it.

me- uh, I appologise, Sir, but you are calling _____ which is a wireless provider, not health insurance.

customer- Uh, well, I just wanted to make sure you would cover it...

me- SIR, we are not your insurance company. You may have misdialed the number. Please hang up and try again...

customer- So, you don't know if I'm covered then...

me- Do you have a cell phone?

customer- No....

me- Thank You for calling _____, have a wonderful day...
melrhodes

Jun 1, 2011, 7:09 AM
what kind of brain does your customer have?
me12

Jun 1, 2011, 1:06 PM
None, apparently...
SavageKitty

Jun 1, 2011, 11:34 AM
that is some funny stuff. thank you i needed a laugh today
me12

Jun 1, 2011, 1:06 PM
You're welcome honey!!
SavageKitty

Jun 1, 2011, 1:07 PM
I love the fact that you now know too much about that customer
me12

Jun 1, 2011, 1:19 PM
Right... I don't even want to know this about family... let alone a stranger... ๐Ÿคฃ
SavageKitty

Jun 1, 2011, 1:20 PM
very true TMI!!!!!
me12

Jun 1, 2011, 1:26 PM
That should have been the first thing outta my mouth!! HAHA "Whoa, dude, TMI!! Not your insurance company!"

Funny thing is, I may be booking these kinds of appointments in a few weeks *fingers crossed!*
SavageKitty

Jun 1, 2011, 1:30 PM
are we crossing our fingers for an appointment or against an appointment ๐Ÿคฃ
me12

Jun 1, 2011, 1:56 PM
LOL

Keeping our fingers crossed that I get the job to book his kinds of appointments! hehehe
SavageKitty

Jun 1, 2011, 2:34 PM
okay then I will wish you luck on the job ๐Ÿ™‚
me12

Jun 1, 2011, 2:57 PM
Thank you! I really want this job ๐Ÿ™‚
cradle

May 27, 2015, 3:14 PM
Oh I love the ones complaining their facebook, or their email isnt working. ill ask if their internet is working in other places... ok great its not us. facebook is down or your email is being updated.Also get ppl wanting us to set up their new email acct... or that a certain webpage isnt working. like we control the entire internet. good lord.....
QueenDread

Jun 7, 2011, 1:11 PM
Me: Thank you for calling ______, how can I help you?

Cx: *fap fap fap* you sure do got a purty voice...

Me: *click*

๐Ÿ˜ณ
Drea_LX

Jun 8, 2011, 12:00 PM
Me: Thank you for calling ____, how may I help you

Cx: *Heavy Breathing*

Me: Thank you for calling ____, how may I help you

Cx: *Heavy Breathing*
"Can I lick your pu**y"

Me: ๐Ÿ˜ฒ *click*

(10 mins ago, thanks for ruining my friday perv!)
Darkitty

Sep 13, 2013, 12:05 PM
Me: Sir. Please restart your PC.

Cx: Okay... (Silence *fap*fap*fap)
What are you wearing?

Me: ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Cx: C'mon! Don't act like you don't like it. I bet you...

Me: Click!

We get alot of those callers!
cradle

May 27, 2015, 3:16 PM
ive had a dude call in... asked if there was any females sitting near me and to put them on the phone he wants to talk to a girl. cliiiiick
Drea_LX

Jun 7, 2011, 11:57 PM
The people that call in and it sounds like they have 50 million kids running around.
And every ten seconds they're yelling things like
"If you dont shut up Im going to smack you"
and "Im a rip your head off and s**t down your throat" (No joke I heard that one)
๐Ÿ˜ณ
Makes me want to hang up and call their local Child Protection services...
QueenDread

Jun 8, 2011, 11:11 AM
๐Ÿคฃ
I remember you telling me about that.
My favorite is when there is a screaming child seemingly 2 inches from the phone. Grrr.
Drea_LX

Jun 8, 2011, 11:56 AM
๐Ÿ™„
I know really how hard is it to step into anothe room away from the screaming child?
danny58890

Jun 8, 2011, 8:36 AM
Customers calling in to get new service, at the beggining they always will be trying to sound very well educated, using big words, and using the most sweet tone that was ever spoken in the history of earth(Sorry customers, that don't impress me much). However, as soon as there is a huge deposit required, their alter ego shows, and the guetto comes out when they start screaming and cursing. It never gets old. Its fun listening to them using every word listed on the urban/slang dictionary and the end of the call. LOL.
melrhodes

Jun 8, 2011, 8:38 AM
"Why you have a deposit? That's because your credit sux. Now get outta here!" ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
danny58890

Jun 8, 2011, 9:02 AM
Haha.. NEXT IN LINE PLEASE..!!!
Drea_LX

Jun 8, 2011, 12:22 PM
๐Ÿ˜ข
This one doesnt make me hate my job it just makes me sad all day long.
The customer that calls in to cancel their spouses account because they just passed away.

I never know what to say to these people, you can hear it in their voice that their holding their greif in and all I want to do is find them and give them a big hug, these calls break my heart.
ATTDRONEV2.5

Jun 8, 2011, 12:48 PM
until they call back in and restore cuz they canceled the wrong one and you can hear the deceased cussing em out in the background
QueenDread

Jun 8, 2011, 12:58 PM
๐Ÿ˜•

Speaking from personal experience, eh?
melrhodes

Jun 8, 2011, 1:13 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
Iove2transfercustomers

Jun 8, 2011, 1:14 PM
i know what you mean.

it can be just as awkward when customers call to cancel a deceased family member's line , and there is no sadness in their voice at all. In fact, their voices are filled with joy. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

i've gotten a few of these calls.
Drea_LX

Jun 8, 2011, 1:38 PM
Ive never gotten the happy ones before I always get the ones that are nearly in tears
serendair

Jun 8, 2011, 7:01 PM
A mother/father calling in to cancel their son or daughter's line because they've been killed in action overseas.

/has two uncles active in the military, a brother in law and two cousins also serving. Broken heart every time.
guitarhero73

Jun 8, 2011, 1:13 PM
Me: Does this information help resolve your call today?

Customer: No, you've totally ruined my day.

All this over what the $10 premium dat charge is all about and feeling like the store didn't give him any info on it! ๐Ÿ™„
serendair

Jun 8, 2011, 7:07 PM
You hear the husband/spouse shouting at them in the background and threatening to beat the hell out of them for changing something on the account/because the account holder downloaded phone and yet, somehow, it's their spouse's fault that the bill is so high.

I've had a few of these; my boss makes me go take a walk after them because I'm usually an unholy amount of pissed and ready to fight after 'em.

One gal told me about what her husband did to her in pretty good detail, in this sad/defeated voice. By the end of the call? She was pissed as a nest of wet hornets and was saying how it wasn't right that she had to sit there, talking about how bad her life was when she wasn't doing "nothin'" about it and that her husband could dea...
(continues)
babylovexo

Jun 8, 2011, 7:57 PM
hopefully! i hate it when bad things happen to such good people โ˜น๏ธ
serendair

Jun 8, 2011, 8:51 PM
As much as it frustrates and makes me /RAGE? I know there's a certain level of personal responsibility as well. If the victim wanted to stop the abuse, he/she would leave.

Which is why I hope the abused do, indeed, find strength in themselves and get the hell out of dodge.
melrhodes

Sep 21, 2011, 2:42 PM
Most of the customers I get early in the morning ๐Ÿ‘ฟ

Necropost!!! Keep it alive!!!
Prince Albert

Sep 21, 2011, 3:04 PM
mods frown on necroposting big time.
melrhodes

Sep 21, 2011, 3:42 PM
sorry for that

๐Ÿ˜›
Da_Bonehead

Sep 21, 2011, 5:36 PM
E..P..I..C
foxiangel5

Oct 20, 2011, 1:35 PM
comes in to ask for my help/support/education with a device they JUST bought from another store --- GO THERE AND ASK FOR HELP!
Iove2transfercustomers

Oct 28, 2011, 3:51 PM
the customers who sit in front of a computer looking at their carrier's website, and they know the answers to their questions, but the call anyway just to see what you say. or the customers who have to talk to a 2nd person everytime they call, either to confirm what the 1st rep said was correct, or see if they can get an answer they want.

i hate you all so much ๐Ÿ˜ก
Jellz

Oct 28, 2011, 5:53 PM
I can see the reasoning behind that. Sometimes, the first opinion is utter crap. I've had people come on and say that someone else had said something totally insane. OK, here's an example, someone at an AT&T store once told someone that when they're on their iPad and connected to Wi-Fi, they would still be using the data plan.

That's utter bullfourstar, and I said as much (since I wasn't on the job I could just come out and say that ๐Ÿ˜ ).

There's another recent example I can't remember, but it was equally as crazy.
Skully

Oct 30, 2011, 1:22 PM
C: I need to talk to my daughter Becky she really knows this stuff.

M: I've been doing this for five years. This is all I do.

C: I should still talk to Becky.

M: Would you like to call her?

C: Becky's busy hanging out with Jerome and his buddies.

M: :|

M: 5 years.

C: Jerome.

M: :/
Skully

Oct 30, 2011, 1:25 PM
C: Yeah yeah all this stuff is ok but I'm waiting for

M: Is that so.

C: Yeah wow you should hear the rumors about it's specs. The rumors totally blow this stuff away.

M: I see.

C: Yeah but there's this other phone coming out and I'm having a tough time deciding between the two.

M: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

C: Yeah but then there's this phone that's supposed to come out next year that.. hey wait..where you going?

Skully

Oct 30, 2011, 1:27 PM
C: Yeah yeah all this stuff is ok but I'm waiting for (insert name of rumored name of rumored phone coming out in 3 months)

M: Is that so.

C: Yeah wow you should hear the rumors about it's specs. The rumors totally blow this stuff away.

M: I see.

C: Yeah but there's this other phone coming out (insert name of rumored phone coming out in 5 months) and I'm having a tough time deciding between the two.

M: Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

C: Yeah but then there's this phone that's supposed to come out next year that.. hey wait..where you going?

Tygalilie13

Oct 30, 2011, 5:41 PM
"Yeah I'm currently online looking at such and such phone for such and such price and I just wanted to call and make sure that this is true before I order it online." (Because I definitely want to order it online, because all I wanted to do was call and waste your time because I am currently reading the exact information that you are about to give me.)

** No Mr. Customer, I am sorry to inform you that the information that you are reading online is 100% wrong and we are, in fact, lying to your face about everything!!! We just felt like putting all that information up online to see what type of reaction we could get from you. However now that you and about 50 of your apparent close friends have all called in to waste my time for THE EXACT...
(continues)
ragequit

Mar 13, 2012, 9:12 PM
Bump
dilligaff1

Mar 14, 2012, 11:55 AM
Why on Earth would reply to a thread 2 years old ๐Ÿ˜ก Just start a new one!!! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
truthinsuffering

Mar 14, 2012, 7:14 PM
The customers that no matter what you offer them whether it be a free Samsung Galaxy Note or whatever want an Iphone and will not take anything other than the iphone.
ragequit

Mar 17, 2012, 8:11 AM
Here's a FREE Samsung Galaxy Note - normally priced at $299 - with FREE activation and I'll even give you $60 for your old crappy iPhone 3G. I'm literally paying you to get this fantastic device which outclasses the iPhone 4S in every manner.

"Nah."

*loads gun
Jellz

Mar 17, 2012, 8:37 AM
That's justified homicide right there. The gene pool thanks you.
cradle

May 27, 2015, 3:37 PM
yea ive given a hell of an offer to give someone a galaxy s5... free.... lady had iphone 3gs. didnt want a new iphone but wanted a new 3gs. really. theyre dinosaurs no one has a new one nowadays
vidhisharma

Jun 8, 2015, 7:06 AM
In now days the Apple shows high quality brand so every one want a iphone..!! ๐Ÿคฃ
skoobertdoo

Mar 25, 2012, 12:07 PM
Customers' who ask for a receipt even though it's clearly printing.
ragequit

Mar 25, 2012, 3:29 PM
Anybody who keeps their receipts.

ALL OF MY RAGE
ragequit

Mar 25, 2012, 3:30 PM
And I'm talking about for mundane purchases, like gas or milk. I can understand keeping your receipt for a cell phone in case it breaks or whatever. But really, do you need the receipt for that DVD you just bought? FYI, you won't be able to return it once you open it, and if you need it for filekeeping's sake, just use online banking. Way easier.

I hate you, Mr. I keep all receipts in boxes in my garage.
Quipbw

Mar 25, 2012, 6:12 PM
No matter how much you try and discover this statement is repeated over and over
" I need unlimited everything"
"Sir I Can save you alot of money if we."
I NEED UNLIMITED"

Ugh frustrating
Persuader

Jun 19, 2012, 11:16 AM
is a person that does the same ish we do, but tears off our faces when he/she calls his/her utilities.
Thefireballkid

Jun 22, 2012, 4:42 PM
way to go roo!

if you ever read this.
Magnagarde

Jun 26, 2012, 5:52 PM
These customers threaten to go back to the carrier they came from when they think the service is bad. Since I'm in tech I say "I would be more than happy to assist you with that." You can hear the desperation in their voice and you know they're not leaving.
me12

Jul 5, 2012, 10:25 PM
As if my thread is still going strong!
I am one proud b!tch rioght about now!!!
Thank you to everyone for keeping this thread going. In December it will have been 2 years, so keep it up!

๐Ÿคญ

Much love, Me12 xxxx
Riot_Act

Jun 20, 2013, 7:36 PM
me12 said:
I am one proud b!tch rioght about now!!!

Talking of yourself that way. Que rico! ๐Ÿคค
Ejkbou

Jul 31, 2012, 6:34 PM
C: We called a new number to us and it went to vm, shockingly, the vm answered with "Hello, (custs name), (new person) can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a message at the tone." How the Hell did they know who we are?

M: Well, I don't think they did. My thought is that it was just an app of some sort that read the caller ID outloud to the caller as a polite way to answer.

C: So ATT is selling our ID to outsiders?

M: No, not at all. It simply read your caller ID.

C: So your selling our ID, You need to stop. You are violating our privacy.

M: Ma'am, we arent selling your info. Caller ID is a common, widely used service, used by all carriers and it only shows the name as it appears on the bill.

C: So you...
(continues)
Typographicarl

Aug 2, 2012, 9:04 AM
who comes and gets a phone and leaves? did anybody say him?
Haggard

Aug 2, 2012, 9:53 AM
"The customer we wish we could always have."
loco503

Aug 2, 2012, 2:13 PM
The procrastinator Always paying late.
These cust every time they call in they start talking all nice.

M. Hello thank you for calling _________ this is loco503 How may I help you?

C. I want to talk about my bill..
M. ok Iร‚ยดll be glad to help you may I have your acc # or your cell#
C blah blah

M ok thanks it seems that you have to pay a late fee and Extension fee for $10.00
****silence***

C. Look man I aint paying no late fee Ive been with you guys for 5 months already I should have it waive

M. I check the payment records... cust I could have helped you but it seems that you've have paid late all these months . we could have helped you with a due date change but you always call when your line is suspende...
(continues)
Oakscell

Aug 2, 2012, 7:11 PM
.... who says everything to him you wish you could say.
๐Ÿ˜
tribble

Aug 10, 2012, 10:13 AM
The prim appointed bureaucratic c*** who will probe for all sorts of information for her boss.. but no credit check, no desire for purchases, just information. I feel like a whore for these people.

What's even better is when they aren't listed as even an authorized user on their boss's personal wireless account.. and you can hear the crestfallen hurt they feel.. as if they're purple heart veterans forgotten by their own generals.

"But..I DO ALL THE BUSINESS FOR MR. SUCH AND SUCH AND I USUALLY HAVE NO PROBLEM ADDING STUFF FOR HIM ALL THE TIME, HEH, HEH, HEH (forced, haughty laughter)."

"I'm sorry, ma'am, I only need a moment of your boss's time to verify the last four of his social."

"IT'S xxxx."

"Ok, may I speak with your bo...
(continues)
Trismegistus

Aug 10, 2012, 10:24 AM
When you work for James Spader.
tribble

Aug 10, 2012, 10:42 AM
we need to talk.
Iove2transfercustomers

Aug 14, 2012, 1:54 PM
the ones that call in, and begin the call with, " Yeah, this is Bill Johnson, blah blah blah....now fix my issue..."

they don't feel that they should have to give you a wireless #, you should know who they are, already know their #, and should be overjoyed to serve them.... ๐Ÿ™„
tribble

Aug 14, 2012, 2:45 PM
๐Ÿคฃ

i transfer those fools to espanol errrrytime
Iove2transfercustomers

Sep 6, 2012, 4:18 PM
you call my line, you are perfectly capable of speaking and understanding English, but you request to talk to a Spanish rep anyway. then I have to ask if I can transfer the call to my bilingual peers, one of which is an ass about it. you're paid more than me to take these calls, just take the call dammit ๐Ÿ˜ก

rant
Captain Ahash

Sep 9, 2012, 12:28 PM
Maybe they can sense that you love2transfercustomers.
Iove2transfercustomers

Sep 10, 2012, 2:49 PM
ha ha **facepalm
unicornexcrement

Sep 10, 2012, 2:43 PM
๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
Iove2transfercustomers

Sep 10, 2012, 2:50 PM
there are so few people in this department, when you call, there is no option for Spanish.
unicornexcrement

Sep 10, 2012, 2:58 PM
for at&t! ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
mascaracake

Sep 12, 2012, 10:41 AM
The customer who hears what you have to say.. and inssits that you aren't telling the truth because your plan doesn't fit in with their desires.

"It's actually 40$ for one shared gig of data and 45 dollars a person for unlimited talking and text, ma'm."

"Oh. Well, you're lying. It's 40 dollars for the first line."

"As it turns out, everyone pays 45$ for unlimited talking and texting, ma'm."

"Ok, well.. you're lying."

"I'm sorry you feel that way."

*click*

๐Ÿ™„ Yes, because I'd lose a sale because I simply *love* lying to customers.
Iove2transfercustomers

Nov 30, 2012, 7:43 PM
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude to you, I'm just upset."

Stop apologizing, and stop lying. You meant everything you said, tone and all.
didnt know

May 1, 2013, 11:39 AM
Cust: I'm a new customer, you should give me an extension on my bill.

Me: Actually sir, that's the reason why we can't provide you an extension.

๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
loco503

Oct 11, 2013, 2:34 PM
it happens all the time
Basket Case

May 2, 2013, 6:49 PM
The person who is too lazy to learn a word of english and has their kid translate everything for them. It's worse when you can hear them yelling at the kid in the background.
disdroid2012

Jun 3, 2013, 10:27 AM
I get a few customers every week that call in to complain about either the Spanish language prompt or a billboard in their town that advertises in Spanish. They always say the same things: "This is US CELLULAR! Why do I have to listen to someone speaking a different language?", "If they can't speak American (yes they say American), they shouldn't be here!" Then they threaten to cancel as if going to another carrier will be different.
There's no reasoning with them and most are older white men from Iowa or Kansas.
Riot_Act

Jun 3, 2013, 5:16 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
ATTDRONEV2.5

Jun 3, 2013, 5:32 PM
We have Mexicans! ๐Ÿคฃ
Iove2transfercustomers

Jun 17, 2013, 8:47 PM
STILL EPIC ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
cuckingcrazy

Jul 7, 2013, 12:45 PM
That one custy that likes to float around the store door for at least 10 mins before walking in.
Basket Case

Jul 18, 2013, 12:53 PM
I will allow you to serve me but you had better have a lot of incentives for me to come to your company.
This guy wants everything for nothing and be cheerful about it too or I'm talking to your supervisor.
andrewbearpig

Sep 28, 2013, 7:51 PM
I hate that sooo muuucchhhhh!
Or if you offer something "well x company has this for 20 dollars cheeper." "x company will give me a free iphone 5." "x company will give me a phone at 2 year pricing without a contract."
I want to rage quit every single time.
cradle

May 27, 2015, 2:14 PM
everytime I hear this I pull up their website and show them the truth. NOBODY gives away free iphones unless its old outdated and no longer anyone wants them, free w 2 yr contract. NO one will give 2 yr pricing on phone without contract. And sure. 20 bucks cheaper and take the much less coverage...go ahead. make my day
disdroid2012

Jul 21, 2013, 1:08 PM
The customer that would swear on a stack of Bibles that you overcharged them or that someone from the company promised something. So you try to explain the situation, but they feel they are right and refuse to listen. Then you say something that makes them think and they're like, "Oh.... (sigh) whatever". You know you have scored a major victory but it's so deflated that you don't gloat.
Downscripting

Jul 21, 2013, 1:17 PM
disdroid2012 said:
The customer that would swear on a stack of Bibles that you overcharged them or that someone from the company promised something. So you try to explain the situation, but they feel they are right and refuse to listen. Then you say something that makes them think and they're like, "Oh.... (sigh) whatever". You know you have scored a major victory but it's so deflated that you don't gloat.

I had a double escalation earlier today that fell into this category.
cellphoneguy

Jul 23, 2013, 6:19 PM
Wow, I got an email or something saying someone commented on this post and I had to come see for myself since I haven't been here in years,
Darkitty

Sep 13, 2013, 12:24 PM
The ones that, no matter how clear you make it, still refuses to acknowledge his iPhone's the problem.

Mua: "Sir, is your Bluetooth connecting to your son's HTC phone, tablets and other Bluetooth devices in your household?"

Cx: "Yep. It's connecting to all my other devices."

Mua: "Is it connecting to your iPhone?"

Cx: "No. The iPhone can't find it!"

Mua: "Sir, in this case the issue is with your iPhone. Please refer to Apple to get assistance with your iPhone. This is a known issue to Apple that affects some iPhones."

Cx: "But my iPhone is prrfekt!"

Mua: "Sir, I invite you to visit Apple forums, it is there."

Cx: "Can I speak with someone else? You clearly don't know how to do your job!"

Are you f*cking serious??!!...
(continues)
Riot Sr.

Sep 13, 2013, 6:40 PM
moi? ๐Ÿคจ
Darkitty

Sep 15, 2013, 12:18 PM
Yeah, I wrote it like that on purpose.
Riot Jr.

Sep 16, 2013, 3:53 PM
That would make a lot of sense if you were an 5'10", black haired, "white-hispanic" guy that uses the word "household" when "house" would suffice (and be rather adequate)

But you're a 19yo 'Murrican girl.

"mua" doesn't make much sense if you're not an spanish speaker.
Riot Jr.

Sep 16, 2013, 4:00 PM
No need to do so. I am pretty sure of her true identity.

https://www.phonescoop.com/account/user.php?id=34698 ... »
Darkitty

Sep 16, 2013, 4:02 PM
Em... you might wanna check again, Jr.
Troper

Sep 16, 2013, 4:09 PM
shouldn't she have started verbally abusing you by now?
Riot Jr.

Sep 16, 2013, 4:21 PM
He got bored of it, I guess.

It is obvious for me that they are the same person, and I assume it is the same for you.
I could be wrong, though, and maybe you've just found some joy into talking to this new imaginary friend of us.
Darkitty

Sep 17, 2013, 9:25 AM
You, Sir., are wrong. ๐Ÿ˜•
Doom Wolf

Oct 3, 2013, 4:44 PM
This one can be labeled as the Perv kind.

I just got a call on which a male cx said he loved my "sexy-latino accent" and wanted me to show him LA VIDA LOCA (he actually said that, literally), then he said something like: "U kow? I've never had latino c**k before." I immediately hang up.
Scariest call ever!
Doom Wolf

Oct 3, 2013, 4:46 PM
BTW, to make it scarier, this cx had a french accent...
loco503

Oct 11, 2013, 2:43 PM
at our call center we all are latinos and we get this a lot

C. I dont understand you I want to speak with an american
M: well sir Im fully American I was born in Central America
C: you know What I mean
M: so you understood what I said?
C yes
M: :S
Basket Case

Oct 11, 2013, 6:30 PM
caller calls in and i'm asking him questions and I think that he's watching pron on the t.v. in the background. HE WASN'T WATCHING THE T.V. I found that out pretty quick. Who does that? And what woman puts up with that? ๐Ÿคญ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Riot Jr.

Oct 14, 2013, 9:15 PM
A co worker had a sales call like this.

Caller: The address is listed differently because we use the ordinance nu... whatcha doing baby -someone in the background interrupted-

Caller: I'm just trying to, no, please calm down for a little FLAP! (you can hear that someone slapped the caller real hard, on her face I think), oh wait, I just wanted to ahh...
Oh yes! F**k me hard.

CS Rep: Ma'am, are you still there...

Caller: Oh yes, ohhhh... I'm sorrry I want the service just give me a minute.

CS Rep: Ma'am?...
-Interaction ended-
cradle

May 27, 2015, 2:17 PM
i had a dude call in wantin to go over his bill while his wife was blowin him....could hear her slurping and all.... i even thru it out there...that sounds like it must feel good...he busted out laughing and i heard her tell him to stop laughing... went back at it lmao.
Iove2transfercustomers

Feb 24, 2014, 11:26 PM
Still epic.
Doom Wolf

Feb 25, 2014, 10:28 AM
Better than the lounge nowadays.
CMCHUNK

May 31, 2014, 11:44 AM
The cmr that every carrier rep he speaks to believes his story 100%, weather it be how he "accidentally" hucked his phone at a wall or how it was "stolen" and is still being used because he downloaded an app that made his IMEI unblockable. All of the reps then call me and insist on his story being true.
Basket Case

Aug 5, 2014, 9:27 AM
*BUMP*
just for old times sake ๐Ÿ™‚
Doom Wolf

Aug 5, 2014, 9:50 AM
Whattabout call center agents types?

There's the upbeat kind, the "I hate my life" type of agent, the zombie, etc.
Basket Case

Aug 9, 2014, 6:35 PM
start the thread dude
Doom Wolf

Aug 10, 2014, 4:11 PM
Geesh! I was working on it!
Basket Case

Aug 30, 2014, 2:52 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Basket Case

Sep 6, 2014, 8:22 PM
bump bumpity bump
Basket Case

Nov 26, 2014, 12:59 PM
Bump because this thread is so AWESOME!
kittie

Jan 29, 2015, 11:59 AM
Ahh this thread is still alive! ๐Ÿ˜
Lovetwotransfercustomers

Feb 4, 2015, 8:11 PM
EPIC ๐Ÿ˜ณ
Basket Case

Mar 5, 2015, 10:31 AM
You started it! ๐Ÿคฃ
looch

Mar 12, 2015, 2:08 PM
There are posts from my old screen name in this thread.

I was an angry young man.... ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€ ๐Ÿ‘€
Hadouken

Jun 30, 2015, 10:57 AM
You can tell they're fat from the sound of their voice.
Hadouken

Jun 30, 2015, 2:34 PM
Has a beard and flannel shirt. He has black rimmed glasses and uses apple products. He voted for Obama and feels contracts apply to everyone but him.

This thread has reached the maximum number of replies.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.