that are okay with getting minimum wage. Agents that don’t WANT to make
more than minimum wage so they don’t lose state benefits! What kind of
performance do you get from agents like these? Poor performance. You get
what you pay for.

A small number of top agents will ...
(continues)
smazi

May 11, 2011, 12:03 AM
That gives me a new perspective on what was going on there at ACS. I always just assumed it was ultimately the GM's fault that people hate working there. That supervisors are demeaned and bullied, and pass that along to the agents. I knew the firing freeze was a dumb idea as soon as I heard about it (though I didn't hear about it until I'd been there over a year). And I can see how agents would take advantage of that.

I saw a lot of people come and go there, and the agents that stayed the longest became bitter. The ones I worked with tried hard to give great customer service, while keeping up with the constant changes brought on by ACS or Sprint. The bitterness came out when they'd say how they were making significantly less now than they...
(continues)
kvlt

May 11, 2011, 10:59 AM
Cool story, bro
tgc1980

May 11, 2011, 11:06 AM
Fixed.
callcenterrep69

May 11, 2011, 4:12 PM
Really? trHough is fixing threw? 🤣
tgc1980

May 16, 2011, 11:21 AM
The boss was coming, so I had to hurry up.
serendair

May 12, 2011, 1:25 AM
delete the address of the actual call centers for the safety of its employees.
Mrs.B

May 21, 2011, 12:48 PM
I have worked at an ACS for almost 7 years. It used to be a great place to work. we made a flat hourly rate pay and got an annual $0.25/hour raise. We felt appreciated. Our company had Quarterly parties for the employees and it was worthwhile to do overtime. I was a good agent and loved my job and looked forward to work. The call center I work for was among the top rated sites.
Now I make the minimum wage because of surveys that I have very little control over and a magical stat called "utilization" that is also out of my hands. I hate my job. I refuse to do overtime, even if it is mandatory. I do the bare minimum to achieve the required stats to keep my job. It's no secret that the call center I work for is in the negative profit margin. ...
(continues)
olderthandirt

May 21, 2011, 7:16 PM
Hey I have a great idea. Actually pay your agents and quit lying about pay and ABC. Treat them with respect instead of telling them every wrong thing they ever did on their call. Promote a better work enviroment instead of thoughts of shooting themselves in the head.

Just a Thought

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.