Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

IAmA: Quitting in One Week

poperp98

May 8, 2011, 3:18 PM
So. The day has come that I have only a week left of this call center BS and I could be none the merrier. No more IR, no more Sales, no more Handle Time, no more Transfers, NCP, Scripting...

I'm not gonna lie, I feel like a free man. I can say what I want (within reason) on the phone.

TL;DR: FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cynicaldreams

May 8, 2011, 3:21 PM
Where you going?
christmaswhistler

May 8, 2011, 3:35 PM
moms basement
poperp98

May 8, 2011, 4:23 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio. And if you must know, it's my sister's basement. 😎
olderthandirt

May 8, 2011, 6:44 PM
Someone has to live in the basement. Might as well be family
olderthandirt

May 8, 2011, 6:14 PM
Good for you. Find a better direction. This job will teach you to distrust people and create stress you do not recognize until you do quit.

Sounds like you already know what I mean so good luck in the future
poperp98

May 8, 2011, 7:48 PM
Well, I will say this about it; it's a great job for learning easily transferrable skills. I can take my time here almost anywhere. Be it a kitchen and dealing with time constraints, a sales location with dealing with sales, or even the military with expressing my eternal rage for policy changes and "customers".

Overall, I don't regret it. In fact quite the contrary. It was time well spent. I'm glad I did it, just not happy while I'm here. 😉
Ishamael

May 8, 2011, 7:57 PM
It may be stressful, but the skills you can learn are invaluable, and if you succeeded here than you can make it in nearly any business environment.
olderthandirt

May 9, 2011, 1:44 PM
Agree with you. Is a good tool for other jobs. Opens some doors for future and some even feel it gives you an edge.

I applied for a gov job and they told me anyone who worked doing what I did could handle the system easily. Placed second on job, aced out by someone with double masters. Knew the person and they made a good choice.

Next time
lh1031

May 9, 2011, 1:57 PM
How do ya'll word your call center job on your resume?
poperp98

May 9, 2011, 3:08 PM
Account Manager,
Customer Service Representative
Additional Pylon Constructer
Survey Conductor
More to come...
lh1031

May 9, 2011, 3:16 PM
No I mean in the information part where you describe it...
RobbieJnn

May 9, 2011, 5:51 PM
you answer phones and give customer service. Jazz it up, make it longer with big words and there you go
me12

May 9, 2011, 6:28 PM
Upselling phones and feature, assisting with some technical issues & billing issues.
poperp98

May 9, 2011, 6:30 PM
assisted customers with technical support and addressed billing concerns in a fast-paced, multi faceted industry.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.