Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

This has gotten ridiculous!

lh1031

Apr 26, 2011, 2:39 PM
Wow! This is getting ridiculous.

My job has just instiuted ANOTHER piece of junk we have to say at the end of a call. So now its gotten ridiculous!

1. we have to educate on premier status, 4g coverage, family locator, Changing the name of your subscribers, and offer an add a sub at the end of the call. Each of those has its own one to two sentence mandatory script.

2. Then, we ask if we resolved their issue

3. The new thing is that now here we have to ask if they want an e-mail confirmation of the fact that their issue has been resolved

4. Then we ask if they have any other issues we can resolve in regards to equipment, billing, or coverage. Which is supposed to keeop them from calling back in within 7 days, but it doesn...
(continues)
Admiral_Ackbar

Apr 26, 2011, 2:45 PM
And let me guess, you need to do this all within the span of 3.5 minutes average, right? 😕
lh1031

Apr 26, 2011, 2:51 PM
300-600 seconds from open to close.

Dont forget when we open gotta authenticate and ask if they have ever called about this issue before.
Ishamael

Apr 26, 2011, 2:54 PM
Offer contract extensions, remind of self-service options, and proactively remind customers of their phone upgrades.

🙂
lh1031

Apr 26, 2011, 3:25 PM
and.. tell them about thier bill and due date
reelbad

Apr 28, 2011, 1:36 AM
sprint right?
lh1031

Apr 30, 2011, 9:12 AM
of course
Admiral_Ackbar

Apr 26, 2011, 3:00 PM
Remind me not to apply for a job there. 🙂
olderthandirt

Apr 30, 2011, 11:02 AM
Working for them is like an Alien Anal Probe.
callcenterrep69

May 3, 2011, 1:32 PM
Don't apply for a job there 😎
rainbow_metals

Apr 26, 2011, 3:44 PM
in our center the goal is 410 seconds set by our GM. tell me how to do it and i will! i've worked for nextel and sprint for over 7 years and still have trouble getting all this crap into the call.
olderthandirt

Apr 30, 2011, 12:24 PM
Isn't the world of Sprint fun? They get what they pay for. Constant turnover at their centers due to poor pay and expectations that we will jump through fire and give our lives over to them.

I work doing my best. I work to live and not live to work. I walk out the door and they are forgotten until I walk back in. Could care less if they close the doors.

A poorly managed uncaring company deserves not better from me. I do not use their product and never will.
smazi

Apr 26, 2011, 3:20 PM
I just decided to leave all that fun behind, and get me a paper route. I'll make a little less money and work 7 days a week, and be a TON happier.

The changes coming from Sprint, and from the call center itself, were becoming ridiculous. The call center management are trying to keep up too, with limited success and much confusion. Frequent change is the nature of the beast, but I'm opting out.
olderthandirt

Apr 30, 2011, 3:22 PM
I think that a paper route may be a little extreme. And I think things are coming to a head as far as at least Sprint goes.

They have their head so far up the exit chute that they only see one color. Their sky is not blue.

Most of the calls are downsizing or leaving for lower cost pre pay. With nextel going away soon it only makes sense to change. More and more people do not want to be tied to a contract and be prepared for harder times. Don't blame them. Cell phones are only cheap in construction and not the plans.

Sprint spends all of it's time trying to prop us stock prices and find ways to cut costs by not paying out to those that talk to the actual customer.
lh1031

Apr 26, 2011, 3:37 PM
I followed policy and didn't give this guy his activation fee. I was courteous and wrote up the person who told him I would give the credit. The customer says in the survey notes that I was polite and kind, but we cant take it away because there was a system error and my extension didn't record my calls that day.

This makes my pay go down my almost 200 dollars.

This is f-in ridiculous!
rainbow_metals

Apr 26, 2011, 3:45 PM
i agree, that is bs that since they can't find the call they cannot dispute the call. no way to prove or disprove so it should be overturned.
lh1031

Apr 26, 2011, 3:47 PM
Per my notes on the account, I followed process.

Per the customers comments, I was courteous and siplayed care and concern.

What more is there?
olderthandirt

Apr 30, 2011, 5:30 PM
That and a dollar will get you whatever a dollar will buy
lh1031

Apr 30, 2011, 9:07 AM
Thank god.

Almost lost 200 dollars over that. I feel better now.
olderthandirt

Apr 30, 2011, 5:30 PM
Very Cool. Does not always happen
olderthandirt

Apr 30, 2011, 10:59 AM
Welcome to our world. No email here at least. Sprint sucks wind. Those who pay me do the same.

If you want to be the best do not expect those who are now making min wage to get excited. We don't.

Don't lie to us. And they do.

Do not be surprised when we leave.
cynicaldreams

Apr 30, 2011, 11:09 AM
What timezone are you in, OTD?
olderthandirt

Apr 30, 2011, 6:24 PM
Pacific
olderthandirt

Apr 30, 2011, 6:25 PM
Actually I feel more like the Golden Earring song. The Twilight zone
cynicaldreams

May 1, 2011, 8:39 PM
🤣

Reason I ask is because you sound suspiciously like a supervisor at my center.
Chaos

Apr 30, 2011, 3:08 PM
This is why I got out of customer service and into sales.
olderthandirt

Apr 30, 2011, 3:14 PM
And so you changed frying pans - just changed what getting burned by
a Girl

Apr 30, 2011, 6:52 PM
to educate on all that stuff...only if you want a good offer rate and need those 1 point offers....I don't know. I don't have a problem with saying all this. I make it all sound very natural but meh..
pickles

Apr 30, 2011, 7:25 PM
a Girl said:
I make it all sound very natural but meh..

lol, it never sounds natural. sorry.
a Girl

Apr 30, 2011, 8:11 PM
I disagree, I think it can sound like a normal customer service conversation. He makes it sound like he's reading down a list.
Did you know ___?
and ____?
and _____?
pickles

Apr 30, 2011, 8:36 PM
We'll just agree to disagree. I agree that you can make it sound much more natural than simply reading off of a list, that's what seperates good CSRs from idiots. However, I still don't believe it's possible to make any of that sound like a "natural" conversation.

IMHO, of course.
a Girl

Apr 30, 2011, 8:42 PM
Fair enough 😁
pickles

Apr 30, 2011, 9:02 PM
come post in the lounge, all the cool people do!
olderthandirt

May 2, 2011, 9:30 PM
We just got hit with the email also. I think they are going to get rid of the company doing sampling and move to emails so they can not pay anyone for it and then keel haul us for any no as our sup, their boss and the operations manager can know within minutes and instead of sampling they get to check every call.

The Inquisition is here. Long live them all as those of us who try very hard will be gone and they can go to even a faster treadmill speed to bring in warm bodies.

The new believe and that is what they are after.

There are no bad customers, only those who you need to make sure understand why they:

can not have a free phone because they want one

can not have a month of free service just because

never go over thei...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.