Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

Apple why do people hate you?

fullracecam

Apr 5, 2011, 3:19 PM
Apple has only been in the game for a short wile when it comes to mobile phones but has managed to be on top of the game. i read alot of the posts on here and there are people that just seam to hate apple for this or that.

now i can see hating companys responsible for phones that have alot of issues and are not even worth the plastic they are made out of, but why hate a company that makes a really quality product everytime. yes they have had problems but no of them have ever been deal breakers.

so tell me why you like or dislike apple?
Candall

Apr 5, 2011, 3:48 PM
I dislike the image that they've cultivated. I dislike the sense of superiority that they place upon their customers. I dislike the fact that they advertise in such a way that suggests that everyone who does not use their products is a retarded caveman. I dislike the fact that they suggest that all of their customers are prolific music producers and video editors based on the notion that their computers come pre-loaded with software for prolific music producers and video editors. I dislike the fact that this nonsense extends to their mobile products.

Actually, you know what? I dislike Apple.
MadLib

Apr 5, 2011, 4:56 PM
If you don't have an iPhone, well, you don't have an iPhone.

Duh! #Winning!
melrhodes

Apr 6, 2011, 7:25 AM
Tried it and it sucks
melrhodes

Apr 6, 2011, 7:24 AM
+1
I agree Candall
speedywalk

Apr 6, 2011, 9:34 AM
"starving artist elitist" types, right?
Candall

Apr 6, 2011, 10:51 AM
Pretty much, and this is coming from a guy with an art degree.

Paying $1,500 for a middle-end laptop is like so Bohemian, right?
BMDroid

Apr 5, 2011, 8:16 PM
Apple is the greatest threat mankind has ever faced. Besides forcing reliability on it's own media services for mp3/video content they are shady demonic business snakes. Let me list drawbacks to apple devices and/or services.

a) YOU CANT TAKE THE BATTERY OUT WTF WHO DOES THAT **** YOU HAVE TO SEND YOUR DEVICE OUT FOR REPAIR! TO ANOTHER STATE! MAYBE CHINA! I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT GOES BUT I KNOW I WAS AN IDIOT IN 2008 FOR BUYING AN IPOD. NEVER AGAIN HITLER NEVER AGAIN!

b) They add one or two features every six months and charge you 600$ while these features have been on other devices for a year or more. Right now, there are atleast 10 phones that are superior than the iphone in all three sections: hardware, software, service provider.
(continues)
melrhodes

Apr 6, 2011, 7:24 AM
true, true...
dj89

Apr 6, 2011, 9:46 PM
I admire them. I almost want to ask you about the new boost android phone.
bluedrummer27

Apr 28, 2011, 4:53 PM
You've said the same things in two different posts dude. You should probably come up with a new argument. I mean, last time I looked at the UI of an android phone it semmed awfully.... familiar to me. Weird...
BMDroid

Apr 28, 2011, 6:32 PM
Yeah it was just like apple except it had customizable home screens and is a billion times more user friendly, innovative, and funner, since 2008.

Hey ever look at a mac? I think I remember seeing something like that with xerox machines pre 1984. Oh right... thieves.
bluedrummer27

Apr 29, 2011, 9:34 AM
Pretty sure Xerox SOLD Apple the mouse... weird, PC's seem to use that very same stolen device!

And as far as being more user friendly... You should be a stand up comic!! You'd sell out the venues all the time!!

Innovative you say? It sure was... cuz it looked NOTHING like an iPhone's UI. At all...
MrIncredible4u

Apr 6, 2011, 10:36 AM
I am new to the cell phone industry but with the short time I have spent selling phones there has been one constant. APPLE CUSTOMERS ARE ZOMBIES!! If you work for a company that has Apple products and you have had one of these zombies enter your store or pass by your kiosk try to sell said customer something besides an Apple product.

Just like the typical zombie who only craves brain when you would much rather them eat a nice steak like the rest of us, the Apple zombie craves only Apple products. When presented with something other than what they crave, even if it is something better than what they are looking for, i.e. steak over brains or Droid os over Apple os, said customers response will be no different than your typical zombie reac...
(continues)
BMDroid

Apr 25, 2011, 4:57 PM
You said it. The rest of us give technical reasons why apple sucks but you totally nailed it on the head.
pickles

Apr 6, 2011, 10:12 PM
i love apple design. they make beautiful hardware, and decent sofware. the problem with apple is they want to force you to ONLY buy apple products if you want them to all sync together flawlessly. i would never buy an iphone just because of the way they treat jailbreakers. another reason i wouldn't buy an iphone, the battery. what kind of idiots make it impossible to replace a battery in a freaking cell phone? even the first cell phones decades ago had interchangeable batteries.
Eruaphadion

Apr 7, 2011, 1:27 PM
The kind of idiots who expect you to buy a new phone after a year instead of replacing the dead battery like on a normal phone. Also, whatever happened to the iPhone 2?
fleurdemiel

Apr 23, 2011, 8:40 PM
Er, if people "dislike" Apple for their advertising scheme, then I may as well call you jealous. It worked, and they are #1 for it. Capitalism, baby.
Candall

Apr 25, 2011, 2:34 PM
Don't be ridiculous. I don't compare myself to corporations.
fleurdemiel

Apr 25, 2011, 3:08 PM
Uh.. I wasn't calling *you* jealous, it just sounds like a lot of "not fair, not fair, NOT FAIR!" when I hear someone bash Apple because of their fine tuned marketing.
fleurdemiel

Apr 25, 2011, 3:49 PM
I'm just saying, I can see someone disliking Apple for it's format, definitely for it's price, and most definitely for it's douchebaggery in it's rules re: the customer desire for altering it's hardware... therefore making it seem like they don't own their own equiptment..

but to whine.. THEY'RE SO POPULAR I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM..

headache.
BMDroid

Apr 25, 2011, 4:56 PM
fleurdemiel said:
but to whine.. THEY'RE SO POPULAR I HATE THEM I HATE THEM I HATE THEM..

headache.

Um, who cares about that? As you can see from my sourced post below they no longer have majority users in terms of the operating system. Informed consumers hate them for numerous assbaggery reasons.
BMDroid

Apr 25, 2011, 4:54 PM
fullracecam said:
Apple has only been in the game for a short wile when it comes to mobile phones but has managed to be on top of the game.

Android has the market share.

http://gigaom.com/apple/iphone-flat-in-u-s-as-androi ... »

Apple sucks for it's deceptive practices like calling a non 4g phone iphone4 to compete with other phones. You cant take the battery out and have to send it in for repair. You have to void the warranty on it to run software they don't sell you. Oh yeah did I mention you can't take the battery out? How about the fact there are like 12 phones out right now that are superior in every way (hardware, OS, and before vzw carrier). Yet people like you still thin...
(continues)
medic6037

Apr 26, 2011, 8:54 AM
Apple never called it a 4G phone. It just got added by other people, LIKE YOU, assuming it was a 4G phone
me12

Apr 26, 2011, 10:05 AM
BMDroid said:

Android has the market share.

http://gigaom.com/apple/iphone-flat-in-u-s-as-androi ... »

Apple sucks for it's deceptive practices like calling a non 4g phone iphone4 to compete with other phones.

He never said it was a 4G phone...
Just that it is a common misconception... And it is a pretty widespread misconception
BMDroid

Apr 28, 2011, 6:51 PM
Oh it's incredibly widespread. He thinks only I make this comparison. The typical apple user is a clueless fanboy and makes this comparisson subconsciously. It's a marketing gimmick.
medic6037

May 3, 2011, 1:53 PM
I know you're not the only one. At my center we had to go to training for the 4 and like 15 minutes of it were "it's not 4G"
fullracecam

Apr 28, 2011, 7:36 PM
Fanboy.... not sure about that, android is on more than one phone type so ya more android phones are out there. dose not mean its the best. i own a windows phone running android. so fanboy is a term that dose not apply to me. you on the other hand could be called lots of differnt things. so befor you hate look at your self "fanboy".
bluedrummer27

Apr 28, 2011, 4:47 PM
People who hate Apple are usually die-hard Android fans. Traits of the fandroids include:

1. Love for unstable OS's.

2. Love waiting for updates based on what phone and carrier they have. IF they ever get them.

3. Love for removable batteries. They like this because it is reassuring to them that when they have issues, they can pull the battery. Had Google not rushed Android, they might not have that issue.

4. Love for not having a place to backup and sync all settings and preferences for the phone. Oh wait, they CAN do that... they just have to pay for the app to do it.
fullracecam

Apr 28, 2011, 7:37 PM
thank you

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.