Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

If the AT&T/T-Mobile merger goes through...

bluedrummer27

Mar 24, 2011, 7:20 PM
Sprint will be the only national carrier that doesn't have the iPhone.... way to be competitive.
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 24, 2011, 7:33 PM
we don't need the i-phone, the HTC Evo is waaaaay better 🤨
Great Gadsden

Mar 24, 2011, 7:55 PM
Have you seen the Evo 3D?
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 24, 2011, 8:12 PM
no, but the Evo Shift crushes it 🤨
pickles

Mar 24, 2011, 11:19 PM
Iove2transfercustomers said:
no, but the Evo Shift crushes it 🤨

the evo shift crushes the evo 3D?? 🤨

i dunno what ur smoking bro, but i'll take a half-o if ya got it 🤣
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 28, 2011, 1:27 PM
🤭
pickles

Mar 29, 2011, 9:55 PM
fine i'll find my own drugs. but ferreal, the shift better than the 3d? i agree that "3D" is overrated at this point in history, but if you compare all the other specs...i dunno i still think the 3D crushes the shift
Iove2transfercustomers

Mar 30, 2011, 8:41 PM
i meant to say that the Evo 4G crushes the Evo 3D, until i did the phone comparison.....
pickles

Mar 30, 2011, 10:14 PM
the evo is still a strong phone, for sure. but i feel like the evo 3D is gonna blow it away performance-wise...i'm just kinda leery about all this "3D" stuff coming out on phones. 3D tech is really in its infancy right now, i wish they would start bringing it out when it's more mature.
olderthandirt

Mar 30, 2011, 11:41 PM
The evo 3d is actually much larger than the evo. Would think that the battery would have to be much larger to power 3d.

Going to be interesting for sure
Simply_Eric

Mar 31, 2011, 5:34 AM
Much larger by what means? Processing power? Battery life? Screen resolution? In these terms, yes larger or much larger.

If you mean by overall size then I must question your sources. I watched engadget give them a side-by-side comparison, the size is almost identical with the Evo 3D being a tad bit thicker.

Happy about the dedicated camera button, not so much about the lack of the kickstand
olderthandirt

Mar 26, 2011, 3:35 PM
I agree that the EVO and the Epic are both better than the I phone (yawn outdated and expensive plans)
comander60

Mar 25, 2011, 7:15 AM
🤣 🤣 you know sprint had first refusal on the i phone they were aware of the network problems it would cause. you know that don't you? 🤤
DartStuticus

Mar 25, 2011, 1:47 PM
Plus, apparently Apple made Verizon get rid of their $15 smart-phone data plan. Even though it had a pretty low cap there are a great deal of people out there who it would be perfect for. Alas, Apple is the devil and I hate them.
me12

Mar 28, 2011, 9:52 AM
i.e people who use their phone as a fashion accessory?
DartStuticus

Mar 28, 2011, 2:35 PM
I guess you could call it that. I imagine I would do more web surfing on my phone if I had a full HTML browser but I don't. I don't NEED a smart phone but I would like to play around with the apps available to them. Plus mobile gaming sucks on feature phones.

Look at it from the carrier side. If someone has a smartphone data package and ISN'T using it to the max they are getting money for services offered but not used. They make more money in the long run.

Apple made them drop the data pack so they could be put on "even" terms. As far as I've always heard iphones use data like crazy and would pump out overages on a lesser data pack and Apple didn't want the competition to have an advantage.
me12

Mar 28, 2011, 4:24 PM
By fashion accessory I mean, someone who doesn't even know the iPhone has an App Store... just use it for calls and text but want the phone for a status symbol... I've personally spoken to these customers that get p!ssy when I say 'require the data plan'....

Sorry if I hadn't clarfyed that!!
DartStuticus

Mar 29, 2011, 10:57 AM
Ah. Yeah I'm perfectly fine with it requiring a data plan. I just think its borked that apple made verizon get rid of a data plan that worked just fine with their other smartphones. I know I would use data, I want to use data, I just wont use massive amounts of it to justify a $30 data pack.
Simply_Eric

Mar 30, 2011, 9:14 AM
Sprint wasn't going to have Apple dictate what it's rate plans would look like. They can keep the iPhone. I'm perfectly fine with the capabilities of Android AND our rate plans.
nudecat

Mar 26, 2011, 4:58 PM
with phones like the evo 3d coming out sprint is going to jump ahead of at&t in terms of who ha the best phone.
or so i have heard from sources i have inside sprint.
olderthandirt

Mar 28, 2011, 12:24 PM
Right now Sprint is looking to be able to survive. The stock is not worth enough to wipe one's butt with..

Good plans and some great phones do not make it anymore. Plagued by dropped calls (iden) and poor management (per anaylist) Sprint is unfortunatly in a very bad place.

They can only make one more merger or accusition before facing serious devaluation in the stock market. Many finacial managers will not purchase or sell their stock now.

Sort of sad but, this is an industry that is in major makeover mode. Our data networks are getting stressed with more data needs than support and with the increased smart phone demand is going to create serious issues for all of us.

And be sure that the hungry lawyers out there will attack...
(continues)
Simply_Eric

Mar 30, 2011, 9:24 AM
Your doom and gloom analysis doesn't match with reality. The stock price has doubled since I started working for Sprint directly a year and a half ago. Nearly $5 a share may look bad but you have to see where it was to keep things in perspective. Hesse has continually moved things in the right direction and I don't see that about to change.

Great phones and great rates are exactly what attracts customers and a large customer base is what drives stock prices. Sprint is making the steps it needs to.
olderthandirt

Mar 30, 2011, 2:46 PM
I do hope so. Sprint does have great plans.

Does not mean that they are without serious issues though. Stock prices do not mean a company is doing that well. Shall we bring up Enron or others.

Everyone is getting great phones. Sprint does not make them. Sprint only supports them. Same as others.

Sprint is smaller and faces serious challanges. Customer perception is the key and dressed up surveys do not resolve network issues.

I do want Sprint to survive but they need to change the way they take care of people. I for one would never be under contract with them. But again I would not be under contract to anyone. And I am not. I get a better price and have real expectations about phones. They are not critical for my life....
(continues)
fullracecam

Mar 30, 2011, 3:02 PM
your right surveys dont fix the issue......but the separtment that calls you back when you fail the survey dose fix the issue. i know i work for them.
Simply_Eric

Mar 30, 2011, 4:54 PM
Enron is in no way comparable and anyone familiar with their practices and how they got to where they did knows that. Sprint's stock isn't going up due to all-of-a-sudden deregulations and extremely creative and deceptive book keeping. I don't claim stock value is the end-all, be-all of a company's financial well-being but it is a good indicator as long as the company is doing honest business and that indicator has gone up steadily for the last year and a half.

When you say they need to do a better job of taking care of people what do you mean specifically?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.