Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 16 replies

Can I ask why

bluedrummer27

Mar 23, 2011, 7:54 PM
people don't like the iPhone? I have one. True, I love it. But I've also had blackberries, palms, and windows devices. I like the iPhone because it just works and has yet to fail me.
pickles

Mar 23, 2011, 8:30 PM
some people just don't need a smartphone. another common reason is called "fanboy syndrome." some people are absolutely convinced that by choosing android, they are choosing the "underdog" OS and sticking it to "the man" (apple being an evil corporate machine in their eyes).

as for myself, the iPhone is a great phone for sure, and I love the UI. Personally I think a lot of features are controlled too heavily by Apple, and the phone itself (at least the 4)is overhyped and overpriced IMO. As far as a pure "phone" goes, the iPhone lags many other phones in call quality and battery life, so that's another reason some don't like it.

to each their own, there's a lot of great phones out there depending on your needs
bluedrummer27

Mar 24, 2011, 9:56 AM
I agree. I love the UI and it could be cheaper. But I don't talk on my phone much at all. I use it mainly for texting, web, and apps (most of which were free :p) I think it's a matter of opinion, and therefore don't think it logical for someone to hate a phone or company for completely ill-legitment reasons. No one can deny that the iPhone was a game changer and a truly revolutionary device, paving the way for todays smartphones...
olderthandirt

Apr 2, 2011, 2:52 PM
No arguement here. Totally nailed it.

Having been on the Apple vs the evil Microsoft Computer OS years ago. It all gets old. Each to their own for their own reasons.
guitarhero73

Mar 24, 2011, 11:10 AM
I might like it a bit more if they designed it so you could take the back off to remove the battery, in case you had to force-powercycle it down, if it needed it. That's about my only issue with it. I just couldn't bring myself to buy a phone where if there's a battery issue, I have to send the whole phone in for repair.
fullracecam

Mar 24, 2011, 5:14 PM
just hold the power and the home butten down and the phone will shut down even if it is locked up! now whats your excuse?
bluedrummer27

Mar 24, 2011, 7:16 PM
That's worked for me everytime I've ever had an issue...
guitarhero73

Mar 25, 2011, 1:46 AM
Not 100% of the time. Why can't they just design a phone where you can remove the battery if it needs to, to force it down. Is that too much to ask? Why do I need to send in the whole phone when I'm just having a battery issue?
fullracecam

Mar 29, 2011, 3:46 PM
learn how to charge your device correctley....
iljaaf21

Mar 31, 2011, 4:57 PM
I hate the iPhone because I hate Apple and their policies. I absolutely cannot deny that it is a great device. I would not want one as my phone.
When you buy a product from a place, you want to be able to go back to that place when you have problems with that product. You don't want to drive around all of creation to get your issues fixed.
lh1031

Apr 1, 2011, 8:03 AM
Its just personal preference for me. The iPhone was my first smartphone and I loved it, but after a year and a half I outgrew it. I wanted something I could customize more. With my android phone I have all the same apps and I am not tied down to iTunes. I also have the ability to add widgets and other fund stuff to my phone which I couldnt do with the iPhone.

I used to be a fanboy, too, but now they just annoy me because sometimes they tend to just blast other people's opposite opinions without looking at the argument.
Chaos

Apr 1, 2011, 10:25 AM
Itunes. Why the hell does a company need to hijack my computer in order to activate my phone?

Not a fan.
bluedrummer27

Apr 1, 2011, 1:56 PM
They activate phones at the store now... Haven't had to do that since the first iPhone... try and keep with the times man.
tpusa

Apr 12, 2011, 3:16 PM
Because they make an inferior product. My rooted droid performs better than the iphone 4
fullracecam

Apr 12, 2011, 5:07 PM
ya and my jailbroken iphone 4 will demolish that so i would only compare unrooted/unjailbroken to one of the same to compare a rooted device to one that is not is not a fair argument.
Kineticboy2001

Apr 12, 2011, 5:40 PM
Whenever I read your s/n I see "Full Face Ram"

👀
tpusa

Apr 13, 2011, 9:45 AM
i doubt it. what are your benchmarks

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.