Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Best Buy Mobile

Joby Dick

Feb 22, 2011, 6:25 PM
I've been working in the wireless industry for a while now and I have experience with all four major carriers, but I am looking for a part-time job. It isn't going to be my only job, so I'm interested in something like Best Buy because it seems like a cool place to work and it would fit with my current work and school schedule.

So my question is, has anybody here worked (or currently work) at Best Buy? What was it like? Do you recommend it?
Ask The Shack

Feb 23, 2011, 9:43 AM
I worked for Best Buy for about 6 months as part of the Geek Squad and hated working there.

I would recommend against working there because you don't make comission. Unless you're happy with earning 7 bucks an hour and that's it, you'd be better off working at an independant agent and making commission.
Ghosthendrikson

Mar 13, 2011, 4:46 PM
Care to expand a little bit?

Or was the fact that you didn't make commission the only thing that lead to your "hate it" label?
olderthandirt

Mar 13, 2011, 5:20 PM
I would think they pay min wage just like some call centers. 😲

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.