Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

Ridiculous Anti-Fraud Policy

SporkOnline

Mar 4, 2011, 4:53 PM
If we get caught with our cell phone out (even simply quickly slipping it out our pocket to check the time) it an automatic termination. We are not allowed to ANY form of paper even papers that are required to have. If we need to fill out a form we have to ask our sup for the correct form. Our supervisors are the only ones that are allows a writing utensil, so now our sups have to run around the entire center to let people borrow the pen. This makes everyone feel like a criminal.
SavageKitty

Mar 4, 2011, 4:56 PM
I think we are at the same place or work for he same company. I had to remove the paper that had important phone numbers on it. They even made people take down their calendars.
ghepau

Mar 4, 2011, 5:04 PM
me too.. i think we're on the same company and contact center.. scr3w them!!
SavageKitty

Mar 4, 2011, 5:18 PM
I am waiting for them to take my tissues. I feel like currently prisoners have more rights than us.
ghepau

Mar 4, 2011, 5:37 PM
absolutely right.. but I'm free!! I'm getting out of here effective tomorrow...

cheers!! but I'll be transferring to another sales account.. hope it'll be less stressful
Joby Dick

Mar 4, 2011, 5:40 PM
Is fraud a pressing issue at your place of work?
SavageKitty

Mar 4, 2011, 5:52 PM
Not at our center but at an affiliated center so now we all suffer.
mc tubbs

Mar 5, 2011, 11:11 AM
I think what propmted this was an agent last week "accidently" tethering her cell to her work comp. she didnt do anything but the IT dept freeeked the hell out. This policy was actuly created sev years ago but just never been enforeced. I think its gonna be funny is they claim to be installing equipment that will be able to tell if we even have a cell turned on in the production area yet sups can carry there cells...
me12

Mar 5, 2011, 11:22 AM
Sup's need there phones for the employees they supervise... what if someone is running late, will be absent... they need there phone. 🙄
serendair

Mar 4, 2011, 7:35 PM
jackass ruined it for the rest of us (just like everything else, it seems.). Heard from the grapevine it's because someone used said phone to charge $1.4 mill worth of crap to someone's account.
SavageKitty

Mar 4, 2011, 7:37 PM
Oh that sucks so because of this I have to feel like a prisoner.
serendair

Mar 4, 2011, 7:42 PM
Pretty much.

Same reason as why the interwebs are locked down; someone was watching the triple x that doesn't star Vin Diesel on the job.
SavageKitty

Mar 4, 2011, 7:44 PM
Oh damn, why would you watch that at work and not think you would get caught?
Candall

Mar 4, 2011, 7:46 PM
why would you watch that at work

That's relevant enough by itself. People have no respect for clean carpet.
serendair

Mar 4, 2011, 7:59 PM
they DID pay 140k for this new carpet. We don't need no baby batter marring it. 👿
Candall

That's what I'm sezzin'!
serendair

Mar 4, 2011, 8:15 PM
🤣
Candall

Mar 4, 2011, 7:43 PM
I don't know how much I should really say, but what I heard was that it was more than $1.4M, and it wasn't just one person or one account.

Also, what we're dealing with is nothing compared to what's going on at the call center where the biggest event happened.

Lastly, these aren't new rules. They've been on the books forever. They've just now started to strictly enforce them.
SavageKitty

Mar 4, 2011, 7:46 PM
The paper/calendar rule seems new. The cell phone rule is not new.
Candall

Mar 4, 2011, 7:48 PM
Nope, the paper rule is definitely not new, and you're not supposed to have anything non-work related that doesn't fit inside an 8x10 frame, and only one such article that does.

I'm not saying that it's fun, but they haven't changed anything other than their attitudes.
SavageKitty

Well their attitudes suck
serendair

Mar 4, 2011, 8:00 PM
😳 Damn, I asked my boss and that's what he said on just one account. Daaaaaaaaang. Hope some massive charges are against those who did it.

Wasn't our call center, 'least, not from what I know, bossman says it wasn't.
Candall

Mar 4, 2011, 8:02 PM
Yeah, the way they're being tight-lipped about it is why I don't want to say much. Wasn't my center either, though.
serendair

Mar 4, 2011, 8:14 PM
Geez, think it'll make the news?
mc tubbs

Mar 5, 2011, 11:20 AM
actuly we arnt even supposed to have a cell phone in the building. were to leave them in our cars and stuff. sucks for those of us who dont drive our selfs to work.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.