Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Sprint Telesales Reps

mwise13

Feb 25, 2011, 6:57 PM
Is it just me, or does it drive you CRAZY when dealers call you? I know we're all sales based environments but I just wanna throttle a dealer for screwing up my metrics... Don't they know that they have a dealer support line to get to that will help them, not telesales that will purposely try to misdirect them for wasting one of their calls? jeez... just had to rant.
cstone

Feb 25, 2011, 8:00 PM
Well I'm not a Sprint rep. But I feel you, it's the same here at T-Mobile. Sometimes it seems like they understand what they are doing and want to mess up your conversion. Maybe they think they are competing with us. Some are just dumb though(not that there aren't dumb telesales reps too, but it definitely seems like there are more dumb store reps.)
mwise13

Feb 25, 2011, 8:22 PM
I totally agree. I mean I can understand we all have a job to do and everything like that, but seriously, why not take the extra second to dial the right department?
Its like this. If they were paid depending upon a percentage based on the equation sales % people talked to = bonus, you think that they would be just a TAD bit concerned with this. but they're not. to them its just talk to as many ppl as possible to get sales.
cstone

Feb 25, 2011, 9:27 PM
I completely agree. The way I see it, if they get transferred to me from another department I'll be nice and get them where they need to be, otherwise if they are calling sales then they can either hang up and call again or they are putting their customer on the line so that I can try to make a sale.
mwise13

Feb 25, 2011, 9:31 PM
exactly, and store reps will look at this and underhanded and just us being dousches trying to steal a sale but seriously, that is our job. we are to make sales. if you screw up my bonus cause you called the wrong department, then i'm screwing up something for you. sales is cut-throat. if they can't handle it, they're in the wrong line of work.
cstone

Feb 25, 2011, 10:16 PM
Exactly my point of view. To be honest, I hope a bunch of them read this and it causes at least some of them to stop calling sales.
Simply_Eric

Feb 26, 2011, 3:49 PM
What would be the reason for calling telesales in the first place? I work for a corporate location and get paid per phone sale, your dpt is the last place I want to end up.
cstone

Feb 26, 2011, 4:48 PM
Lol I would guess that my dpt is the last place you would want to end up, but some of them call to telesales because they have questions about a sale (usually like if they can do something or not, which should be asked to dealer questions as I'm sure you know.) I have to assume that you would try to stay as far away from telesales as possible (I know I did when I was a store rep.) That's like calling another store to find out if the customer can get a phone cheaper there. Lol I am instructed to try to steal your sales if you call me. I'm nice enough to not try to if they get transferred to me so I figure I'm being nice.

I know not all store reps are dumb. Just a lot of them. Glad to hear that you aren't one of them!
Simply_Eric

Feb 26, 2011, 6:00 PM
haha, I make it a point to try and learn all that I can about the phones, plans, etc As a sales person knowledge of your product is the greatest asset you can have (outside of a few perky exceptions lol)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.