Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 29 replies

Direct Sprint care reps and retail store reps....

Iove2transfercustomers

Feb 22, 2011, 9:08 PM
NOTATE THE FREAKING ACCOUNT!!!! i am so freaking tired of customers calling, saying that they were promised something, told something, and there are NOOO notes whatsoever. the only thing i see is were the account was accessed. TAKE A FREAKING MIN AND PUT SOMETHING, ANYTHING, ABOUT THE INTERACTION YOU HAD WITH THE CUSTOMER!!!! DAMN!! ๐Ÿ˜ก

it's like 3rd party Sprint reps get worked way harder than direct reps. feels like you guys get away with anything ๐Ÿ™„ ๐Ÿ˜ก
Ishamael

Feb 22, 2011, 9:54 PM
๐Ÿคจ

Customers make stuff up about what they are told. All departments hear about promises made by all other departments, and there are no notes to verify it.

What comes next?

Follow policies. If they were "promised" something that is not possible, tell them it's not happening. It it is possible, do it.

It's That Simple.
dj89

Feb 22, 2011, 10:26 PM
And if the store promised them so, guess where you can refer them to
DartStuticus

Feb 23, 2011, 5:36 PM
That does not change the fact that stores should be noting the account after speaking with a customer regardless of what was discussed.
Ishamael

Feb 23, 2011, 5:57 PM
No notes, follow policy.

Notes, appologize for misinformation. Follow policy.

Either way, the rule is to follow policy. It doesn't matter if I have twenty notes from twenty supervisors saying that the customer's Talk 450 has free incoming and AMAT, but that does not mean that it's possible to do. Writing notes does not magically make it happen; it just gives us grounds to apologize on.

Again, follow policy. If what is being requested is doable, do it. If not, don't. It's not really complicated.
Iove2transfercustomers

Feb 23, 2011, 7:15 PM
you are excusing people that do not notate. obviously, notes don't make things "magically" happen, and of course policy should be followed, but they should still note something no matter what.
Ishamael

Feb 23, 2011, 11:51 PM
The only thing that notes help me do is write up the people who give wrong information, because no matter what the notes say, nothing will be approved that is not already approved by regular policies.
Simply_Eric

Mar 9, 2011, 10:41 AM
I notate accounts for billing issues and upset customers that are going to leave the store to call in to care and conjur up more b.s. about what they were supposedly told.

If you think I'm putting notes on the account for upgrades and such when I've got a line of people building up in the store, well you're crazy.
latinopride

Mar 9, 2011, 11:49 AM
so ur job doesnt require u to leave notes on the accts....
latinopride

Mar 9, 2011, 11:50 AM
care reps also get busy thats not an excuse for us not to leave any notes... ๐Ÿ™„

while u have a line we have 50 to 60 calls holdin ...
latinopride

Mar 9, 2011, 11:36 AM
is to notate the acct ...is that so hard to understand ๐Ÿ™„
poperp98

Mar 9, 2011, 2:06 PM
As far as my site's policy, if something is notated we must do our best to honor it. For example; if a customer was promised an adjustment for the full $75 for the data overages, we must honor that notation. Otherwise, if it's not noted, we cannot break the policy. Notations act, again at least in our site, as a way around certain restrictions. Just because something is doable doesn't mean we should do it, unless there is some grounds to stand on when breaking the policy. Make sense?
DartStuticus

Feb 23, 2011, 7:56 PM
If its a situation where you can quote policy sure but that is only part of a reason accounts should be noted.

My beef is when a store does not note that a phone was returned to them and they don't reset eligibility either. If its noted the phone was returned we have something to go off of. Retentions can usually do an override with enough begging and pleading. The return tracking number is usually preferable, but at that point it is up to the store to track the return, not the customer. When stores do not note accounts, the customers situation cannot be fixed, even if it should be and is a legitimate issue.

When someone goes into a store on 2 separate days, one where a phone appeared on the account and another where it...
(continues)
Ishamael

Feb 23, 2011, 11:48 PM
DartStuticus said:
When someone goes into a store on 2 separate days, one where a phone appeared on the account and another where it disappeared. and there are NO notes on the account for either day showing a purchase or return, the store is at fault for not noting the account. No exceptions.

That will only happen if the customer goes to a third-party store, in which case it is the customer's fault. We always tout about the benefits of spending more at a corporate store; here's one.
DartStuticus

Feb 24, 2011, 11:47 AM
I've seen a corporate store put notes in an account less than 5% of the time I've seen access notes from them. That does not change the fact that, they are required to note accounts. The reason people don't get fired or put on a write up is because its an automated system access note that shows up. Not the reps actual ID so theres no tracking mechanism. This keeps the incompetent store reps from getting fired as easily, and it creates a headache for us and the customer.
Iove2transfercustomers

Feb 23, 2011, 9:02 PM
serendair

Feb 22, 2011, 11:26 PM
send them back to the store. Sucks to be the customer and it's a waste of time but, thems the breaks.

Y'don't like it, don't work in the industry.
Ishamael

Feb 22, 2011, 11:29 PM
She's a Finance rep.
serendair

Feb 23, 2011, 4:47 PM
Ahhhh. Gotcha.
Iove2transfercustomers

Feb 23, 2011, 6:48 PM
am not in finance, and if you are one of those agents that doesn't bother to notate, then yes, i am mad at YOU.
Ishamael

Feb 24, 2011, 12:01 AM
Note what you Quote is my policy; the more detailed my notes, the less a customer can make up random stuff to try to get freebies.
Iove2transfercustomers

Feb 23, 2011, 3:12 PM
don't mind refering the customer back to the store, or department that promised them whatever. i like my job, and if i didn't, i would have quit a long time ago smart*** ๐Ÿ™„

for the store reps, and reps on the phone, whoever you are (notice that i am not accusing YOU) if you don't want to take the time to notate an account, which is your job, then you should get out of the industry.
serendair

Feb 23, 2011, 4:53 PM
I've seen plenty of reps from your department who blind transfer over- including supervisors who know better than that- and refuse to notate an account thinking we won't know they touched the account.

There's good and bad reps in each; some departments don't have notation systems, like stores. Especially third party. Or are too slammed to actually get thorough notations in there. I know that happens with me when I'm in queue and we're in 'all hands on deck' mode; my notes are more general than specific to save time so we can get outta queue.

๐Ÿ˜ Better to be a smartass than a dumbass, as they say.
Iove2transfercustomers

Feb 23, 2011, 6:09 PM
know what department i'm in? really? ๐Ÿ˜ณ i'm not in finance.

i'll agree that there are good and bad reps in every department, and it's fine if you leave general notes. i'm talking about NO notes at all, except the system note that the account is accessed

i work 3rd party, and i've had indirect dealers call me from the store, and i've seen their notes in the account, so i'm not buying that they can't notate.

being in que is no excuse not to note SOMETHING. when i'm in que, i still manage to give detailed notes, hell i have to.
Joby Dick

Feb 23, 2011, 10:59 PM
I'm an indirect dealer and I can guarantee you with full confidence that we cannot notate accounts. We have access to a very limited version of SNAP. Hell, I can't even access notes, let alone add one.

The policy varies by company, of course, and I know personally a few people who work for Sprint indirect dealers who do have full access to SNAP, FTD and others.
DartStuticus

Feb 24, 2011, 12:07 PM
If a 3rd party can't make notes, then they should should be calling dealer support and not sprint directly. If this was done by everyone, then there would be no beef with 3rd party dealers. No sprint department will be able to assist you because you have a dealer support line that is supposed to do that. Dealer support is the only department that can look at what you guys do. Telesales (which is where "problems" usually end up, can't do anything to assist with a return for a phone that was ordered through our OWN systems.)
Ishamael

Feb 23, 2011, 11:56 PM
You're a third-party dealer and other third-party dealers call you?

๐Ÿคจ
Avaya

Feb 24, 2011, 12:21 PM
Ishamael said:
You're a third-party REP and other third-party dealers call you?

๐Ÿคจ
He who Lurks

Feb 24, 2011, 1:34 PM
that damn good
Iove2transfercustomers

Feb 24, 2011, 1:39 PM
thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.