Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

Why do people think I am trying to rob them when I offer insurance?

Ghosthendrikson

Feb 12, 2011, 3:13 PM
I do my best to explain what the actual FULL RETAIL value of the device is that they are buying. I also explain that if they for some reason break/lose their device while ineligible for an renewal you would have to PAY THAT PRICE for a new device.

But with insurance, you pay a $50.00 deductible instead of $600 for this new Android phone that you have to have.

Never mind the fact that they have three demon children who are tearing my store apart and six demon looking dogs tearing the children apart. You're phone is going to be perfectly safe.

I AM NOT TRYING TO ROB YOU! I AM TRYING TO SAVE YOU HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS!!!!!
dj89

Feb 12, 2011, 3:48 PM
People sometimes have to learn the hard way.

It's Darwinism, to a point.
pickles

Feb 12, 2011, 5:24 PM
depends on the phone. it's about $120 for 2 years of insurance. so if you do one insurance claim in your 2 years you spent $170. full retail price for a basic phone is usually around $180. smartphone, obviously different story, but with asurion at least some smart phones have a $125 deductible.
Ghosthendrikson

Feb 12, 2011, 5:32 PM
I don't try to push asurion too hard on feature phones. But if I see someone walk out the door with a $400+ phone with no insurance I cringe.
pickles

Feb 12, 2011, 5:36 PM
yeah, smartphone insurance is a must. and if they really balk at the insurance there's no way they're leaving without a case.
killerphones

Feb 12, 2011, 6:02 PM
I had a cmr crabbing at me about her deductable and she was telling me that sprint and verizon don't charge a deductable. I'm just laughing to myself because I'm pretty sure they do...right? I have some family that have insurance with sprint and there was a $100 deductable for her droid.
pickles

Feb 12, 2011, 6:08 PM
hell yeah sprint and vzw charge a deductible! vzw uses asurion, and they definitely charge a deductible. not so sure about sprint but i would have to asume, it's pretty standard stuff. she's just ignorant, and probably never used an insurance claim.
Arjuun

Feb 12, 2011, 6:35 PM
yah ahsuion at sprint also 50 for premeire phoen and 100 for the smart phones
famoussasjohn

Feb 13, 2011, 10:12 AM
First hand, Verizon uses a deductible, broke two of my LG Voyagers :X damn hinges! Sprint does as well, $50 for basic phones, and $100 for smart phones.
killerphones

Feb 14, 2011, 4:30 PM
Seems like it's about the same for every company.
thirdparty

Feb 15, 2011, 6:00 PM
i would understand if customers don't want to get the insurance because of the deductible.

but the one i'm (we're) offering doesn't require any. 🙂
smazi

Feb 16, 2011, 10:16 AM
Which cell phone insurance doesn't require a deductible?
Ishamael

Feb 16, 2011, 3:51 PM
Fake third-party insurance that covers all of nothing.
thirdparty

Feb 17, 2011, 8:44 AM
MDPA. 😁
Da_Bonehead

Feb 17, 2011, 12:41 PM
I have seen insurance that is provided by some agents where you Pay $39-$50 one time for the insurance. There is no deductible but you can only use it at that store. I known some one who did this and they were told they had to go back to the store they bought is from. It was a 3 hour drive. needless to say they just bought a Used phone where they were at.
CallCenterBlues

Feb 16, 2011, 3:43 PM
I work for one of the insurance companies and we get people who call in all the time and say that they were told that they get their phone replaced for free under the insurance. I would like to know what insurance company on this planet gives away free stuff without a deductible, and if their is one than the product is probably not very good. Just sayin'.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.